[Speculation] Lindholm apparently rejects Canucks offer of 7x7 extension

2 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Garland is the motor and the strength of the third line.   Bluegar was just fine too, he's expected to get a nice raise, still for 2.25 or so,  that's worth it. 

It really comes down to Lindholm or Guenztal.    Which do you prefer to overpay?   If we are to find EP a long term linemate.    Lindholm anchored our second line in the playoffs.   Maybe we are chasing the wrong storyline, and EP is the blockbuster deal nobody wants to talk about.   

A 100% Petey will be our Superstar for the next years and as a linemate for him i would go after Guentzel.

Petey is still a young player and have Guentzel on his wing would be perfect for his development.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, German Canuck said:

A 100% Petey will be our Superstar for the next years and as a linemate for him i would go after Guentzel.

Petey is still a young player and have Guentzel on his wing would be perfect for his development.

It would be awesome for sure.   Few star players, are actually amp their production up in the post season,  Guentzal is one of those guys who's done it his entire career.    Do wonder what Florida is going to offer Reinhart and if he's even going to make it to free agency.    He's got the BC ties.   So one can dream anyways.    EP needs some size on his line and a skilled finisher.    Don't get a lot of chances to sign big fish.    Given we've been linked to Guentzal  it's one of those rare off-seasons where one can dream for these guys.     Usually the Canucks don't have much of a chance, 

Myers was the last one we got really, and his links to the province helped. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, IBatch said:

It would be awesome for sure.   Few star players, are actually amp their production up in the post season,  Guentzal is one of those guys who's done it his entire career.    Do wonder what Florida is going to offer Reinhart and if he's even going to make it to free agency.    He's got the BC ties.   So one can dream anyways.    EP needs some size on his line and a skilled finisher.    Don't get a lot of chances to sign big fish.    Given we've been linked to Guentzal  it's one of those rare off-seasons where one can dream for these guys.     Usually the Canucks don't have much of a chance, 

Myers was the last one we got really, and his links to the province helped. 

True, there is a rare big chance to get a star linemate for petey for free.

Reinhart is my dream but i think not very realistic.

Guentzel is my second option and Toffoli the third one.

If we want the cup one of those big fishes has to be signed.

22 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Garland is the motor and the strength of the third line.   Bluegar was just fine too, he's expected to get a nice raise, still for 2.25 or so,  that's worth it. 

It really comes down to Lindholm or Guenztal.    Which do you prefer to overpay?   If we are to find EP a long term linemate.    Lindholm anchored our second line in the playoffs.   Maybe we are chasing the wrong storyline, and EP is the blockbuster deal nobody wants to talk about.    

Sign Lindy and trade Petey? 

1 hour ago, IBatch said:

Garland AND Mikheyev will both need to go, to keep Joshua and Guentzal.   And those two guys, replaced with cheap alternative's.   

Guentzel - $9,200,000

Duhaime - $1,800,000

Roy - $6,000,000

Zadorov - $5,250,000

Myers - $3,000,000

Friedman - $775,000

Joshua - $3,500,000

Woo - $775,000

Karlsson - $900,000

Silovs - $1,000,000

Hoglander - Miller - Boeser

Joshua - Pettersson - Guentzel

Podkolzin - Suter - Garland

Giuseppe - Aman - Duhaime

Karlsson 

Hughes - Roy

Soucy - Myers

Zadorov - Juulsen

Woo/Wolanin - Friedman

Demko

Silovs

Trade for a depth defencemen and/or forward at the trade deadline.

Edited by J-23
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Guentzel - $9,200,000

Duhaime - $1,800,000

Roy - $6,000,000

Zadorov - $5,250,000

Myers - $3,000,000

Friedman - $775,000

Joshua - $3,500,000

Woo - $775,000

Karlsson - $900,000

Silovs - $1,000,000

Karlsson 

Hughes - Roy

Soucy - Myers

Zadorov - Juulsen

Friedman - Woo/Wolanin

Good roster

Its great to have this cap space and so much room to speculate.

Very exciting time after a great season and lots of different options / opinions to move forward.

GM group did an amazing job last summer to bring us in this great position to be a topteam / contender.

Edited by German Canuck
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, German Canuck said:

Good roster

Very exciting time after a great season and lots of options to move forward.

The biggest factor is that we can always trade for depth defencemen and forwards at the deadline. For example, Dallas traded for Tanev, 75% retained at the deadline.

7 minutes ago, German Canuck said:

Good roster

Very exciting time after a great season and lots of different options / opinions to move forward.

GM group did an amazing job last summer to bring us in this great position to be a topteam / contender.

Exactly! Benning (the moran) is gone and we have competent management again. JR knows what the mix is to win Cups. And PA is excellent at following a plan to build JR’s wanted roster. Clearly we have a core that JR has identified as players to retool around each season. 
Demko, Petey, Hughes, Miller. Other players will be either retained, traded, or let go depending on whether they will accept what management believes is fair offer to stay as, or come be, part of the group. Bo was given a chance to stay, as was Lindy. But neither of those two are key core pieces. So bye bye. 

• Cheers 1

30 minutes ago, DexM94 said:

Two things

1/ Stop trading Garland every two proposals. It seems we revive the last off-season. Garland is a effing motor, who drive every line is on. 
2/ Stop keeping Suter in the top 6 ffs. 

Agreed on garland, but they're probably not going to be able to replace suter in the top 6.........unless they need him as 3C

• Like 1

11 hours ago, KesLord said:

Would it make sense to swap Guentzel's rights for Lindholm's? 

I don't think Lindholm is a fit for Carolina. Send Lindholm's rights to Boston for a pick then send that pick to Carolina for Guentzel.

• Cheers 1

Lindholm rejects a 7 x 7 offer. That's nuts. Maybe it's good. Canucks were having a good year before he got here.  They'll do good with a younger replacement.

I'm not only talking about one we currently have playing in Abbotsford. As much as I think one that comes from a Lindholm departure and the Cap space it creates.

Not much, I know but it's gotta be better then a player who's demands are ridiculous and his play is spotty.. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

6 hours ago, J-23 said:

The biggest factor is that we can always trade for depth defencemen and forwards at the deadline. For example, Dallas traded for Tanev, 75% retained at the deadline.

I mean our management haven’t shown they are willing to trade asset for retention I don’t think any trade we made had any retention on it. Imagine the difference it would have made if we gotten lindholm or zadorov with retention. I’m sure flames would have been ok for 2 months of lindholm retention 

27 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Lindholm rejects a 7 x 7 offer. That's nuts. Maybe it's good. Canucks were having a good year before he got here.  They'll do good with a younger replacement.

I'm not only talking about one we currently have playing in Abbotsford. As much as I think one that comes from a Lindholm departure and the Cap space it creates.

Not much, I know but it's gotta be better then a player who's demands are ridiculous and his play is spotty.. 

the only way a Lindy extension makes sense for us is if we can’t get a winger for Petey. Then Lindy plays 2C and Petey moves to his wing. 
But it seems JR knows we need Petey at centre (and healthy) to win the Cup. 

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Rip The Mesh said:

Why is it nuts?  He thinks he is a #1 center.  So 7x7 is not #1 center money and not a #1 center opportunity.  So......he turned it down.  

9 minutes ago, kettlevalley said:

Why is it nuts?  He thinks he is a #1 center.  So 7x7 is not #1 center money and not a #1 center opportunity.  So......he turned it down.  

From what I saw, his center skills are OK, but not as good as when he was in Cowtown. His lack of toughness is an issue to me as well. Hope Alvin just lets him walk.

We might just do well when the free agent market kicks up after Florida finishes Edmonton.

• Vintage 2

18 hours ago, Rip The Mesh said:

From what I saw, his center skills are OK, but not as good as when he was in Cowtown. His lack of toughness is an issue to me as well. Hope Alvin just lets him walk.

We might just do well when the free agent market kicks up after Florida finishes Edmonton.

He was easily the best C in the playoffs for Van.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

So basically lindholm doesn’t really like the role he’ll get with the Canucks.. most likely a 3c with occasional top 6 time and pp1 time. Make sense he’ll prolly get around 8 in the ufa and get guaranteed top 6 minutes .. as for garland im ok with all the proposal to trade him. He was only effective playing on the 3rd line.. he doesn’t drive millers line nor did he drive ep line that line did nothing. He’s paid like a top 6 to dominate the 3rd line which is fine if you have other players punching above their weight in the top 6 winger position.. but we don’t.. we have 1 out of 4 top 6 winger with a legitimate one atm. Hoglander looked good at time and then it’s like he didn’t even play in the playoff

On 6/16/2024 at 6:27 AM, J-23 said:

Guentzel - $9,200,000

Duhaime - $1,800,000

Roy - $6,000,000

Zadorov - $5,250,000

Myers - $3,000,000

Friedman - $775,000

Joshua - $3,500,000

Woo - $775,000

Karlsson - $900,000

Silovs - $1,000,000

Karlsson 

Hughes - Roy

Soucy - Myers

Zadorov - Juulsen

Woo/Wolanin - Friedman

Demko

Silovs

I think we can replace Joshua with a similar player - Garland is the one who is the spark plug for that line

• Vintage 1

think its gonna b extremely dificult to keep Lindholm. it would b a question of what he wants more then anything else. How much do u think a team like chicago or san jose would want a player like Lindholm in their lineup to show the young kids how its done? i think if anything its to say: i want to be on a contending team, and that is what we are.