[Speculation] Lindholm apparently rejects Canucks offer of 7x7 extension

20 hours ago, N4ZZY said:

Do you think if we had Guentzel for the playoff run, we'd get past Edmonton? Would a player like Guentzel have been the difference, and would he have helped Petey offensively? I'm hoping as well that Petey learned from this playoff run, and that he's better for it moving forward. If he's not, this team's in deep shit. 

any one of guentzel, or thatcher not being hurt gets us passed edmonton, also if petey actually showed up that woulda been great. Our wingers are not good.

So happy we didnt sign lindholm for 7x7

21 hours ago, HKSR said:

How would everybody feel if we circled back to Lindholm now and re-signed him to a $7.5m x 7 deal?

I'd be pissed. Committing long term to an inconsistent player who the team needed to shelter by placing him on a third line to feast on others team is not worth 7 million nor deserves a long term contract like that. 

You'd be praying that whole contract that he doesn't revert back to last year and the year before's play. 

Give that money to somebody that can drive play.

2 minutes ago, MikeyD said:

I'd be pissed. Committing long term to an inconsistent player who the team needed to shelter by placing him on a third line to feast on others team is not worth 7 million nor deserves a long term contract like that. 

You'd be praying that whole contract that he doesn't revert back to last year and the year before's play. 

Give that money to somebody that can drive play.

Not just that, he declined CGY’s offer which was more than ours. Let him go for the big money, Blueger is our 3C and we can find a true sniper for EP somewhere. Raty or someone else gets a chance as 4C. It’s just evolution of this franchise in this window and money allocated more efficiently. Liked Lindholm a lot but not worth the overpay risk if he decides to revert back to previous form. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

34 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

To me, once he rejected that 7x7 offer from the Canucks, it was always him seeking to go elsewhere. I didn't sense or feel like he wanted to be here after the trade was made. Kinda was here because he had to be, but he wasn't one of those players that wanted to be a Canuck. Let Boston have him and overpay for him. I'm not certain he's going to live up to any contract he signs wherever he goes. It might be one of those contracts that the team has to either buy out in a couple of years or attach a sweetener to for a trade. I could be wrong, of course, but he's been declining for a few seasons now...

10 minutes ago, N4ZZY said:

To me, once he rejected that 7x7 offer from the Canucks, it was always him seeking to go elsewhere. I didn't sense or feel like he wanted to be here after the trade was made. Kinda was here because he had to be, but he wasn't one of those players that wanted to be a Canuck. Let Boston have him and overpay for him. I'm not certain he's going to live up to any contract he signs wherever he goes. It might be one of those contracts that the team has to either buy out in a couple of years or attach a sweetener to for a trade. I could be wrong, of course, but he's been declining for a few seasons now...

I think us wanting to flip him again to try and land Guentzel may have rubbed him the wrong way

13 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

I think us wanting to flip him again to try and land Guentzel may have rubbed him the wrong way

Maybe, but I doubt that's high up his list. Boston seems to be where he wants to end up. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Bob Long said:

Maybe, but I doubt that's high up his list. Boston seems to be where he wants to end up. 

Can't blame him.  1C minutes next to Pastrnak is pretty enticing.

On 6/26/2024 at 3:18 PM, Blitz-Pix said:

Or a healthy Thatcher Demko

Silovs was great.  Goaltending wasn't the problem.  Lack of energy (gassed) in games 6 & 7 was the problem.  The travel to and from Nashville probably didn't help.  Younger stars who haven't played in the playoffs much before was problematic too (noting that JT was great throughout).  QH looked really gassed by the end.

8 minutes ago, NHL97OneTimer said:

QH looked really gassed by the end.

Even though he wouldn't admit it at the end-of-season presser, I'm pretty sure he's had his own laundry list of injuries alongside various aches and pains.  ie. I don't think it was just fatigue that impacted his play/how he appeared.

• Cheers 1

29 minutes ago, NHL97OneTimer said:

Silovs was great.  Goaltending wasn't the problem.  Lack of energy (gassed) in games 6 & 7 was the problem.  The travel to and from Nashville probably didn't help.  Younger stars who haven't played in the playoffs much before was problematic too (noting that JT was great throughout).  QH looked really gassed by the end.

Silovs was good and wasn't why we lost but delusional think a healthy Demko instead isn’t an improvement either