[Speculation] 2 Canadiens Defensemen Targeted By Ducks In Potential Zegras Trade

2 Canadiens Defensemen Targeted By Ducks In Potential Zegras Trade

Rob Couch Saturday, June 08, 2024 

Trade rumors are picking up around Anaheim Ducks' Trevor Zegras as we inch closer to the 2024 NHL Entry Draft and the Montreal Canadiens are one of the teams that keeps coming up.

There are a few reasons for this. Zegras and Cole Caufield have a friendship from playing together years ago and the Canadiens could use a young center. It is also seeming like Zegras is being pushed out of Anaheim with the acquisition of Cutter Gauthier for Zegras' good friend Jamie Drysdale and the drafting of Leo Carlsson.

The Ducks could use with replenishing their defense and according to Arpon Basu, the Ducks want David Reinbacher or Kaiden Guhle in return for Zegras. Both of these young d-men appear to be big pieces for the future of the Canadiens' defense along with Lane Hutson. The Habs have to eventually decide which young defensemen they're going to keep and who they are going to move. This might help in that decision as there are still Arber Xhekaj, Justin Barron, Jordan Harris, Logan Mailloux, and Jayden Struble on top of the other three mentioned, and that is only the young d-men.

Zegras had a down season, but was also hurt at times. It did impact his trade value a little bit after scoring six goals and 15 points in 31 games, but the 23-year-old also had back-to-back 23+ goal, 61+ point seasons in his first two full seasons.

Zegras can absolutely fill a role in the top-6 for the Canadiens and give the team another option at center, but moving one of the two aforementioned top young defensemen might come back to haunt them as well. There has to be a decision made in Montreal sooner than later and if reports are true, the Ducks are willing to somewhat help the Canadiens out and benefit themselves at the same time.

https://www.nhltraderumors.me/2024/06/2-canadiens-defensemen-targeted-by.html

• Cheers 1

The Ducks can ask for one of those guys, but I seriously doubt Hughes would consider it for a moment.  Moving a top 2 potential D for a headcase winger would be Sergachev/Drouin all over again 

• Vintage 1

5 hours ago, Snoop Hogg said:

There’s no chance in hell they’ll give up Reinbacher for Zegras. Carlsson maybe, but not Zegras.

Those goofs gave up Sergachev for Drouin. I can see them giving up Reinbacher for Zegras. Lol.

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

Those goofs gave up Sergachev for Drouin. I can see them giving up Reinbacher for Zegras. Lol.

Totally different management team.  What else you got? 

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

You and Stawns really do be the no fun police.

9fce84c88aeabe1b12bf7f57b9acae470dfec37830bd8a8c9680672eaacc720f_1.jpg

Oh how dare I use facts to make destroy your statement.  It's like saying Vancouver signed  Myers to a 6x$6m deal once already, they'll probably do it again.  

Edited by qwijjibo

On 6/8/2024 at 4:52 PM, Snoop Hogg said:

There’s no chance in hell they’ll give up Reinbacher for Zegras. Carlsson maybe, but not Zegras.

Why? Apparently Reinbacher sucks so bad that he was worthy of harassment from Habs fans post-draft...

• ThereItIs 1

31 minutes ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

Why? Apparently Reinbacher sucks so bad that he was worthy of harassment from Habs fans post-draft...

Yea. Because overly dramatic fans who wanted Michkov have a say in how the team is run.  Hughes passed on high skill wingers to pick Reinbacher.  He's a big rhd with top pairing potential.   I dou t he'll trade him less than a year later for a high skill winger with attitude issues

32 minutes ago, qwijjibo said:

Yea. Because overly dramatic fans who wanted Michkov have a say in how the team is run.  Hughes passed on high skill wingers to pick Reinbacher.  He's a big rhd with top pairing potential.   I dou t he'll trade him less than a year later for a high skill winger with attitude issues

Sarcasm on my end, obviously. 💀

On 6/8/2024 at 8:37 PM, qwijjibo said:

The Ducks can ask for one of those guys, but I seriously doubt Hughes would consider it for a moment.  Moving a top 2 potential D for a headcase winger would be Sergachev/Drouin all over again 

does Zegras have any French canadien in him though??? 😅

On 6/8/2024 at 4:52 PM, Snoop Hogg said:

Reinbacher for zegras seem short sighted. Reinbacher for Carlsson the Habs would have to add significantly. 

6 minutes ago, Dizzle said:

does Zegras have any French canadien in him though??? 😅

Reinbacher for zegras seem short sighted. Reinbacher for Carlsson the Habs would have to add significantly. 

I don't think there's any reasonable deal for both teams where the ducks give up Carlsson for Reinbacher.