[Speculation] Canucks will pursue D Jalen Chatfield if he goes unsigned by CAR

9 minutes ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

Interesting. I hadn’t heard about the relationship/over-involvement of owner Dundon before. I’d only heard Waddell’s deal was set to expire and Carolina was ready to move on to the heir apparent Tulsky and so granted Waddell permission to speak with teams early. No reason it can’t be a bit of both and the latter is the more “feel good” story. 

This just reminds me how thankful I am to be now that we have excellent management and an owner that’s finally willing to butt-out (for now).

Could absolutely be that too, or both, but I've been under the impression that Carolina's owner gets more involved than some of the other owners around the league. 

And yeah, I'm glad we've got a buffer in Rutherford, even if I haven't agreed with all his moves. We've absolutely been a team with a rep for having an owner who meddles. 

• Cheers 1

23 hours ago, R3aL said:

Dillon-Chatfield could even be a stronger pairing that Soucy-Myers not hard to project that.

They would not be.