[Proposal] Forwards no one is talking about for the Canucks

18 hours ago, kettlevalley said:

Monahan as an upgrade to Bluegar and Duclair to play with Guentzel and Petey are two concepts I have mentioned a couple times that I think would work.  Both would be relatively cost effective as well.  So concepts we could pull off.  

Monahan doesn't seem to be a Tochett type.    More of a Beau 2.0.    Duclair might work though (some have pointed out he was in Tochett's doghouse but maybe that's changed).   Max Domi, Stephenson, Marshmellow,  Teravenien,  DeBrusk,  Bertuzzi, Olofsson,  Toffoli,  Zucker,  Arvidsson,  Eberle,  Roslovic,  Barabonov, Tarasenko,  Perron,  Henrique,  Drouin,  Wheeler,  Blais, Pavelski,  Mantha, Motte,  Foegele are all guys the Canucks could consider, as replacements for Bleugar, Lafferty,  a cheaper option for EP, and re-working the bottom six.   None of those guys should cost us more then 5.5 (although one site projects Toffoli at 6 x 3, so consider that the high bar). 

You kind of know what to expect with these guys.   One thing that might help us attract some of these guys, is the chance to play with EP.   

Tarasenko is a very interesting name here if can’t sign Guentzel (doubt Reinhardt goes anywhere). Prefer him to Toffoli. 
Would stay away from Domi. Wildly overrated player on this board for some reason. 
Bertuzzi is interesting. Every team seems to love him even though he is a bit cracked in the head.   
‘I think we need to avoid the smaller guys like Teravenein and Eberle I have never liked. 
‘Definitely a few options should we miss out on the big fish. 
‘Just hope Zads finds a way to stay. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, DrJockitch said:

Tarasenko is a very interesting name here if can’t sign Guentzel (doubt Reinhardt goes anywhere). Prefer him to Toffoli. 
Would stay away from Domi. Wildly overrated player on this board for some reason. 
Bertuzzi is interesting. Every team seems to love him even though he is a bit cracked in the head.   
‘I think we need to avoid the smaller guys like Teravenein and Eberle I have never liked. 
‘Definitely a few options should we miss out on the big fish. 
‘Just hope Zads finds a way to stay. 

De-Brusk might be an option for EP.  The list is pretty thin on blue chip top six guys really.   I'm sure other fans look at Garland and drool over his 52, 46, 47 points playing mostly third line minutes.   

Not sure if we should be trading Garland and Mikheyev (that's going to hurt, well Garland for one, both Joshua and Bluegar get raises as a result) just to roll the dice.    Tarasenko will be a lot cheaper than Toffoli.    At least that's what Dobber and Analytics say.   Bet we could get him for 4.5 x 3. 

2 hours ago, IBatch said:

De-Brusk might be an option for EP.  The list is pretty thin on blue chip top six guys really.   I'm sure other fans look at Garland and drool over his 52, 46, 47 points playing mostly third line minutes.   

Not sure if we should be trading Garland and Mikheyev (that's going to hurt, well Garland for one, both Joshua and Bluegar get raises as a result) just to roll the dice.    Tarasenko will be a lot cheaper than Toffoli.    At least that's what Dobber and Analytics say.   Bet we could get him for 4.5 x 3. 

I think the idea of a Garland trade comes more from Mik being a challenge or significant expense to trade where Garland may get an asset back. I don’t want to trade Garland but he is making $5M and if you are going to cut budget that number comes quickly in your list of options. 
Tarasenko now has 2 cups and still has some game, I do think would be a very good option. 
I am sure PA will throw some curve balls we weren’t expecting 

I've seen this name a couple times here already, but Sammy Blais would be someone I'd want. Has shown some offensive talent and loves to hit. IMO would be a cheaper Joshua replacement.

Imagine how popular Blais jerseys would be in Vancouver!

A few names have been thrown out there in this thread, but I am in agreement that we may be best off not focusing on blowing all the cap on one expensive player, but perhaps two that fit the roles - albeit at not quite the same level. Duclair has been brought up, and I feel he would be a good fit alongside Miller and whoever else the linemate is - maybe Boeser, as my hope is that Hoglander finds success with another year under his belt playing with Petey. I believe Duclair only made 3m this past season, so he could be a solid addition for not a ton of cap hit. 

For the top line we would likely not be getting a Guentzel, but perhaps Allvin can get creative there. I hear Skinner might be bought out, and he is only 1 season removed from a point a game. Often when players get bought out, they sign a far lower "show me you can still do it" deal with their next team. 9m is obviously out of the question (and was an overpriced contract to begin with), but maybe we could tempt him with around 5? It seemed to work for Duchene.

Or perhaps a guy like Stamkos would be open to a lower, short-term contract with a contender before he retires? It isn't unheard of.... Kane is an example of a guy who took 3m (?) last season which is a huge reduction from his earlier salaries, and in that case, he signed with Detroit who weren't going anywhere close to the cup. Granted, he realyl really wanted to sign there for some reason so he made it work, but who knows - stranger things have happened.

Can you imagine?

Skinner/Stamkos Petey Hoglander

Duclair Miller Boeser

Joshua Bluegar Garland

Suter Aman Podkolzin

That's one heck of a forward lineup, imo.