[Speculation] Lafferty not interested in returning to Canucks?

Solid before the all star break. Fell off a cliff after.

Pre-All Star break

49 games

10 goals

20 points

+16

Post-All Star break (including playoffs)

41 games

3 goals

4 points

9 hours ago, GrammaInTheTub said:

29 years old, 6’2, heavy bodied (191 hits last season), versatile C/wing, right-handed, has a motor and is coming off 27 and 24 point seasons in his last two year deal. 

28 years old, 6’3, heavy bodied (245

hits last season), versatile C/wing, left-handed, has a motor and is coming off a 24 and 32 point season in his last two year deal.

One is Lafferty and one is Joshua.

Joshua has received much of the spotlight and rightfully so as he came to play when it mattered most. Lafferty hasn’t been the topic of much discussion around here to date and, to be fair, he did slow down towards the end of the year. Joshua and his linemates mutually benefitted each other and Lafferty was undoubtedly more of a beneficiary from his time in the top six.

It’s no knock on Lafferty - I think he’ll do great with whichever team he winds up with. I just think this is a good case study for the eye test when two guys can appear quite similar on paper.

I think the difference in consistancy. Joshua was bringing it for at least 80% of the season and was noticable (in a good way) when he wasn't on the score sheet. Lafferty had half his goals in a short few week span on Petey's wing and played decent, but unremarkable, hockey the rest of the year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, boziffous said:

Pre-All Star break

49 games

10 goals

20 points

+16

41 games

3 goals

4 points

Seems to be a common theme for the club as a whole. I think it's one thing to be told get into training camp already in shape. It's quite the other to be ready for the grind of 82 games. Our trainers need to help the players find ways to getting a steady, sustainable pace.

• Upvote 1

Lafferty played pretty well but got a little lost with the rest of the entire team towards the end. He's a low priority considering what we're dealing with. 

Regarding Myers I honestly can't believe there is a day where I would have been in favor of re-signing him, but here we are. For that reason though I don't really care if goes either. I still worry he regresses back to shite with a new deal and wouldn't mind just turning the page on a new beginning.

Edited by Gawdzukes

27 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Lafferty played pretty well but got a little lost with the rest of the entire team towards the end. He's a low priority considering what we're dealing with. 

Regarding Myers I honestly can't believe there is a day where I would have been in favor of re-signing him, but here we are. For that reason though I don't really care if goes either. I still worry he regresses back to shite with a new deal and  wouldn't mind just turning the page on a new beginning.

sure, but it should be 1/2 price shite at least. 

• ThereItIs 1

46 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Seems to be a common theme for the club as a whole. I think it's one thing to be told get into training camp already in shape. It's quite the other to be ready for the grind of 82 games. Our trainers need to help the players find ways to getting a steady, sustainable pace.

I think a lot of folks are quick to jump on players during the last half. Like Petey. To be honest the entire team struggled as the league tightened up and the races got real. We were busy winning games on way to the Pacific title and just about everyone's stats tailed off ... but we were still winning a lot of games. So not sure how much I read into that. Lafferty is the least of our worries though this off season.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Alflives said:

Exactly! If he signed for the same cap sure. But he can get more on a crap team, so he will end up on the Haberdoodles. Lots of craperolla there. 

Haberdoodles might be the funniest thing i've read in a while.  Keep being you Alf

• Cheers 1

55 minutes ago, Gawdzukes said:

Regarding Myers I honestly can't believe there is a day where I would have been in favor of re-signing him, but here we are. For that reason though I don't really care if goes either. I still worry he regresses back to shite with a new deal and wouldn't mind just turning the page on a new beginning.

I am not there. I will accept him back if he signs for a lot less (A LOT LESS!) but still will feel like money spent better elsewhere. Call it a begrudging acceptance at best. 
‘Of course I will cheer for him. He is very entertaining with his wild forays. Nothing more exciting than a chaos giraffe on safari.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, boziffous said:

Pre-All Star break

49 games

10 goals

20 points

+16

41 games

3 goals

4 points

He must've drank the same potion as Petey. Petey got an 11+ million contract. No wonder Sam thinks he's worth something.