[Speculation] Laine trade in the works

Pass.

Laine is damaged goods.  Hasn’t played over 56 games since joining CBJ.  50pt player getting $8.7M.  Too rich.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, BPA said:

Pass.

Laine is damaged goods.  Hasn’t played over 56 games since joining CBJ.  50pt player getting $8.7M.  Too rich.

Sounds like Columbus should retain $3M and trade him to Vancouver.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

Actually, if they were to retain him down to about 4.5 million, I would probably take a flyer on him. With his size and shot, if he can find his game again, he'd look really good playing with Pettersson feeding him the puck.

• Like 2
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

3 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Retention would be nice.

Laine ($4M retained)

for

Mik + 3rd

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 2
  • ThereItIs 1

JR and Allvin like those reclamation players. Laine has been away from hockey for mental health reasons, and now seems to want to return to the game, but get a fresh start. Is Laine salvageable? CBJ would need to retain.

19 minutes ago, Olli Juolevi said:

If CBJ retains like $2M or more I'd be all over it, but then it might become a bidding war that we don't want to be a part of. He still scores goals when he's in the lineup.

That 2M retention and they take Mik

2 minutes ago, Grandmaster said:

That 2M retention and they take Mik

If they're retaining $2M or more and taking Mikheyev's full contact, I think that price starts to get pretty high. Maybe Lekkerrimaki and a first? 

28 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

Got a beat up old car I'd trade for him....

Car Jeep GIF by JcrOffroad

26 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Grossly negative value. 

I imagine retainment would be in order, so not necessarily 

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

28 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

Got a beat up old car I'd trade for him....

Car Jeep GIF by JcrOffroad

It’s still a Jeep - even in that condition arguably a better purchase than Laine 

• Haha 2

Laine hasn’t sniffed 30 goals in going on six years. It’s been largely injury related so he may have paced 35-40 over 82… but that’s going on six years of not staying healthy. Add his two-way game concerns on top of that? No thank you - not cohesive with the culture we’re cultivating.

5 minutes ago, Olli Juolevi said:

If they're retaining $2M or more and taking Mikheyev's full contact, I think that price starts to get pretty high. Maybe Lekkerrimaki and a first? 

Ah no. Lane is a negative value contract. Far worse than Mik. No way we send that or even one of that

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, RWJC said:

It’s still a Jeep - even in that condition arguably a better purchase than Laine 

As long as the frame is not bent, and not rusted. At least then you have something to work with. 😉

• ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Grandmaster said:

Ah no. Lane is a negative value contract. Far worse than Mik. No way we send that or even one of that

He's still scored at a solid 30+ goal rate each of the last 3 seasons, and in you're scenario they're both retaining on him and taking the full value of Mikheyev's contract. That's going to cost some decent assets. 

His issues are mostly personal and there's going to be plenty of GM's willing to bet on a fresh start helping him out on and off the ice. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

8 minutes ago, Olli Juolevi said:

He's still scored at a solid 30+ goal rate each of the last 3 seasons, and in you're scenario they're both retaining on him and taking the full value of Mikheyev's contract. That's going to cost some decent assets. 

His issues are mostly personal and there's going to be plenty of GM's willing to bet on a fresh start helping him out on and off the ice. 

I hope he’s able to find his love for all the good things in life, including his love of the game 

Edited by GrammaInTheTub
Original post made without some knowledge and original post no longer fit with my world view