[Speculation] Canucks Rumors: Ilya Mikheyev Trade Chatter Heating Up 

3 minutes ago, canucks curse said:

lots on 650

- this means supposedly they cannot move the money out they want to and then Joshua is gone

- canucks have called on John Marino, 650 speculated on what NJD needs they questioned Hoglander, NJD rumoured to be signing Pesce, they have Hamilton and Simon Nemec...Marino odd man out, looking at their line up - they actually lack LW.. I wonder about PODZ+ Raty+? they have over 15+ in cap, what about Podz + Milky + Raty? 

https://www.sportsnet.ca/650/canucks-central/the-open-free-agency-and-john-marino-updates/

5 minutes ago, canucks curse said:

lots on 650

- this means supposedly they cannot move the money out they want to and then Joshua is gone

- canucks have called on John Marino, 650 speculated on what NJD needs they questioned Hoglander, NJD rumoured to be signing Pesce, they have Hamilton and Simon Nemec...Marino odd man out, looking at their line up - they actually lack LW.. I wonder about PODZ+ Raty+? they have over 15+ in cap, what about Podz + Milky + Raty? 

I think this management really appreciated the work Podz and Raty have put in ,.

but I hear you ,   Anything can happen ..

it’s hockey 🙂 

37 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

I think this management really appreciated the work Podz and Raty have put in ,.

but I hear you ,   Anything can happen ..

it’s hockey 🙂 

Agree 

they are valued but our window is now 

• Cheers 1

40 minutes ago, RWJC said:

What would NJD want in exchange for Marino ?

- they had Lazar finish the season as their 3LW…

tbh Podz+ Milky+- another B level piece  for Marino is something that could make sense 

milky can play L or RW, same with podz 

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, canucks curse said:

What would NJD want in exchange for Marino ?

- they had Lazar finish the season as their 3LW…

tbh Podz+ Milky+- another B level piece  for Marino is something that could make sense 

milky can play L or RW, same with podz 

Dan and Sat basically both agreed that we don’t have what NJD would want and if we did it might put us in a worse position. The example was Hoglander for Marino, which means we add 3.3 to our cap and have to replace a F.  Basically indicated that Podz doesn’t have much trade value at the moment as well and we can’t afford to lose F’s at this point in time given that’s our apparent main priority to build on or pursue through Free Agency.

NJD will be looking to shed some salary because rumour is they expect to sign Pesce as UFA, hence why Marino’s name is coming up. Can’t send $ back, so it would mean Hogz and a decent pick…?  That’s a lot more expensive than the rumoured Rathbone and a 3rd which previously was Nux top end offer almost two years ago.

Edited by RWJC

24 minutes ago, RWJC said:

@Alflives

https://www.sportsnet.ca/650/canucks-central/the-open-free-agency-and-john-marino-updates/

Start at 18:45 mark.

Sat indicates that there is no talk of Canucks shopping Garland, that they believe he’s with more to the team than he is in trade and is the key piece that holds down the 3rd line. 

you can suspend your alleged Garland trade gobbledygook for the time being  

I wonder what we could get in a package deal for Garland and Suter?

Just now, RWMc1 said:

Would need to replace two potential top 6, definitely top 9 Fs, for 6.5 mill.

Likely means an overall downgrade for the club but could then afford a true top W like Guentzel. Just don’t see Garland being traded at this point, and definitely not Suter given his serviceability. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

Ahhh sarcasm! Apologies, I’m too caught up in the game to have caught on!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Hmm that's a bit disappointing.

Honestly? I think the only way I'll be ok with seeing Mik in the lineup next year is if he's stuck on the 3rd or 4th line. With his salary, that means a guy like Lekkermaki needs to make the lineup on an ELC. if not, yes, super disappointing.

Just now, zduck14 said:

Honestly? I think the only way I'll be ok with seeing Mik in the lineup next year is if he's stuck on the 3rd or 4th line. With his salary, that means a guy like Lekkermaki needs to make the lineup on an ELC. if not, yes, super disappointing.

It also likely means no big Z 

We aren’t dumping 2x5 of “half a dozen points in the last 60 games” Mikheyev without serious sweeteners + cap retention. 

For a guy who’s as likely for a bounce back as anyone, it makes sense to hang on to him and, at worst, you’re paying to get off of one year instead of two.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

2 hours ago, canucks curse said:

lots on 650

Marino is just hitting his prime, is an legit top four guy signed to a cheap team

friendly contract for a few years. 

I do that deal for Hoglander all day long, Hoglander is up for a new contract next year and will be owed a raise and likely moved out then to slot in Lekkerimaki… His play is also up and down.  he reminds me of Virtanen in that the coaches have showed him exactly how he needs to play to be successful… and when he plays that way he is really successful…. but keeps defaulting to not playing that way.  If a guy doesn’t have that in him, maybe you just can’t teach it or keep trying to convince him.

Maybe you can squeeze a little

sweetener for the extra value Hoglander’s low cap hit is for this year.  There could be a few options with folks seeing his numbers and cap hit as a way to massage their cap. 

If we knew Tanev was going to

sign here, you could save the Hoglander trade bullet to move Mikheyev and even get a return for that package.  A bird in the hand though by locking up Marino would work.

Edited by Provost
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, RWJC said:

@Alflives

Start at 18:45 mark.

Sat indicates that there is no talk of Canucks shopping Garland, that they believe he’s worth more to the team than he is in trade and is the key piece that holds down the 3rd line. 

you can suspend your alleged Garland trade gobbledygook for the time being  

I was listening. Sat Shaw is short. Short people stick together. Like little half baked cookies. 😀

4 hours ago, Bob Long said:

It also likely means no big Z 

I doubt that. They've probably have some of that 18.5 million earmarked for Zadorov.

Edited by RWMc1
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, RWJC said:

Dan and Sat basically both agreed that we don’t have what NJD would want and if we did it might put us in a worse position. The example was Hoglander for Marino, which means we add 3.3 to our cap and have to replace a F.  Basically indicated that Podz doesn’t have much trade value at the moment as well and we can’t afford to lose F’s at this point in time given that’s our apparent main priority to build on or pursue through Free Agency.

NJD will be looking to shed some salary because rumour is they expect to sign Pesce as UFA, hence why Marino’s name is coming up. Can’t send $ back, so it would mean Hogz and a decent pick…?  That’s a lot more expensive than the rumoured Rathbone and a 3rd which previously was Nux top end offer almost two years ago.

Marino could likely play with Hughes though.  Frees up Hronek for another pairing.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Marino could likely play with Hughes though.  Frees up Hronek for another pairing.

Agreed. That would be ideal. 
All depends on who else we’re targeting for the F group though. That arguably needs more attention than D at the moment given both Myers and Zadorov want to return and we have 3 others locked up 

25 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Zad-Marino could be real good though. 

And I'm not sure either Zadorov or Soucy are actually good partners for Hronek.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The Duke said:

We aren’t dumping 2x5 of “half a dozen points in the last 60 games” Mikheyev without serious sweeteners + cap retention. 

For a guy who’s as likely for a bounce back as anyone, it makes sense to hang on to him and, at worst, you’re paying to get off of one year instead of two.

I think it does to Duke.

Injured 2 seasons with us    :  

1st.  46 gp - 28 pts

2nd  78 gp.- 31 pts

battling injuries he’s “roughly” a .5ppg player..   I’d give it the Summer for him to mentally and physically reset ,.  I’m sure the frustration must drive him to be the best that he can.    
Let him play and see where we’re at before Christmas.?

I think that’s fair,.    If he gets his speed ,  and some puck luck back he’s an asset.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

2 hours ago, aGENT said:

Not surprised... but it makes you wonder where they plan to shed cap...?

well they are shedding caps by letting lindholm joshua go.. i don't see zadorov being re-signed if they can't move mikheyev by the draft.. he'll prolly be one of those day 1 signings so i doubt we'll have a chance to circle back if plan a b c etc doesn't work out.. at this point i think they are all in on guentzel as plan A and then work their way down

17 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Zad-Marino could be real good though. 

And I'm not sure either Zadorov or Soucy are actually good partners for Hronek.

That would work too.  If we got Marino, say bye bye to Myers