[Speculation] Canucks Rumors: Ilya Mikheyev Trade Chatter Heating Up 

36 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

Yup. Shore up the back end, let Mikheyev rebound and possibly try to trade him later in the season (or keep him), and keep tinkering around the edges. Although, I sure would love to get Necas during his prime. It also wouldn't surprise me if 7X7 would snag him.

And if 7x7 for Necas is in play....cash in on Mik. For a cap strapped team like the Canucks, we can't rely on hope for 4.75m IF an opportunity to improve for our whole window presents itself.

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

9 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

The cost is set at more than a 2nd round pick now.

We can’t afford that nor should we.

If we can attach a 2nd and a prospect like Kudryatsev I think that would be more than reasonable imo. Also I though Walman was supposed to be good. 

5 minutes ago, Pears said:

If we can attach a 2nd and a prospect like Kudryatsev I think that would be more than reasonable imo. Also I though Walman was supposed to be good. 

And where do we get that 2nd exactly? 

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

The cost is set at more than a 2nd round pick now.

We can’t afford that nor should we.

Competitve window says otherwise, especially if the proposed Division realignment goes ahead with Calgary and Edmonton moving to the Central and Utah and Colorado coming to Pacific 

Edited by canuck73_3
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, RupertKBD said:

This is a point I've already made several times....

There seems to be this narrative that the Canucks have to sign Guentzel (or someone like him) but the fact is, they did just fine last season without that "scoring forward". (or Lindholm, for that matter)

I absolutely agree that solidifying the defense should be a priority. Once that is done, if there is still money available, you can look at adding a forward. If not, there are almost always quality rentals available at the TDL. The Canucks are good enough to get to the playoffs without overpaying Jake Guentzel or Necas. They can look at adding scoring once they're on the verge of getting there, IMHO....

1 hour ago, Jester13 said:

Yup. Shore up the back end, let Mikheyev rebound and possibly try to trade him later in the season (or keep him), and keep tinkering around the edges. Although, I sure would love to get Necas during his prime. It also wouldn't surprise me if 7X7 would snag him.

Yup I think if we can't trade Mik to free up cap space, best thing to do is make sure the defense corps is taken care of first and then hope that Mik is fully recovered from his knee injury and has a bounce back season. As for Petey, 

Im sure the canucks know better than us what was wrong with Petey. (whether it was mental or injury) A star player doesn't all of a sudden forget how to skate. He was competing in the NHL all stars in the fastest skater competition at one point. He was out raced on open ice by mediocre skaters  this playoffs. I am sure there was a physical ailment preventing him from playing his style of hockey. I mean seriously, the guy couldn't skate. 

I agree that finding scoring help at the deadline (a la Lindholm) is a much easier feat than scrambling to find an adequate top 4D at the deadline. 

We can get into the playoffs with our team the way it is. I mean we won the division with pretty much the same team didn't we? 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jester13 said:

There's an unusual number of D available this UFA season.  It's a fantastic opportunity to build up a solid D core.  

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

8 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

No more moving out 2nd round picks please, especially to dump cap. We've already done that song and dance with Dickinson. 

Exactly, especially now that reports coming out we probably not gonna get Guentzle per usual. Why bother.

Don't need the cap space in that case anyways. 

19 hours ago, canucks curse said:

lots on 650

- this means supposedly they cannot move the money out they want to and then Joshua is gone

- canucks have called on John Marino, 650 speculated on what NJD needs they questioned Hoglander, NJD rumoured to be signing Pesce, they have Hamilton and Simon Nemec...Marino odd man out, looking at their line up - they actually lack LW.. I wonder about PODZ+ Raty+? they have over 15+ in cap, what about Podz + Milky + Raty? 

no, that is two cheap forwards who are young and developing in the system to start earning roles. You don't attach them to Mikheyev. No way.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

1 minute ago, 24K said:

Exactly, especially now that reports coming out we probably not gonna get Guentzle per usual. Why bother.

what is a report ? I mean seriously who is reporting this ? until a signing comes down we won't know. Media, fans, " insiders " all talking out their asses. We don't have a clue.

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, 24K said:

Honestly, I'd rather sign a second liner and a top 4RD over Guentzel if possible. Guentzel is the top tier forward out there, absolutely, but I think two higher end additions would benefit us more than one would. 

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

19 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

2025! 

No Thank you, We need to hold onto as many high round draft picks in a VERY GOOD and deep draft class in 2025.

If we can't move Mik in a hockey trade or retain up to 30% of his contract then we should take are lumps and keep him IMO 

We tried to move Boeser's contract 2 years ago and he rebounded favorably, We did the same thing with Garland last season and turned out well.

If it means we miss out on Guentzel so be it, resign Zads & Dak or something to that effect. 

If Mik rebounds and has trade value during the season and you still want to move him then do it in season or at the TDL.  

Edited by Blitz-Pix

3 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

what is a report ? I mean seriously who is reporting this ? until a signing comes down we won't know. Media, fans, " insiders " all talking out their asses. We don't have a clue.

Dude, it always happens when it comes to top free agents. We are always the bridesmaid. Player love to use us to drive up prices in some other American market. 

You don't need insiders or reports to tell you that. 

• ThereItIs 1

7 minutes ago, HKSR said:

There's an unusual number of D available this UFA season.  It's a fantastic opportunity to build up a solid D core.  

That's an understatement...especially RHD...would be nice to get 1 more top 4-5 guy signed.

If Willinder is ready in the next 1-3 seasons then your set at RHD position.  

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Exactly. A lot of guessing. And the idea that the Canucks are the “bridesmaids” once again is silly. They’re a contender now and teams see that there are solid, elite players at each major position. They see an award winning coach and a nominated GM. 

12 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

Especially with this brass. News is air tight with this group and then something big happens. 

• Vintage 1