[Speculation] Canucks Rumors: Ilya Mikheyev Trade Chatter Heating Up 

34 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

I have a feeling he is going to go to Pittsburgh and the Canucks and Penguins will swap like a 4th rounder and 6th. He is not a player that brings negative value to a team and for all the screaming here about him he was on pace and finished the year at his career averages in terms of production.

I think he's an easier move to a low cap team like Anaheim, Chicago, SJ or Utah....all of these teams need some vets who can support their high end young talent and have oodles of cap room. Pitts has about 12 mil if I recall but have alot of holes to fill, so I doubt they want to spend $4.5 or whatever Mik's cap hit is on him. I suspect those bottom feeders would happily take his contract on with a pick, because as you suggest, he's not bringing negative value and should he return to form speed wise, he is a good deadline chip the following year.

• Cheers 2

54 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I hope they learned their lesson with Mikheyev.

For that contract to have value he would have had to play to his absolute ceiling. And even then that’s a fringe second line player. You can’t be paying almost 5 mil for bottom 6 guys.

Was targeting Mikheyev part of a plan to court Kuzmenko? If so that was also short sighted.

I think they have learned, I was pretty miffed at the time as they said they needed to improve the defense but needed cap space and then spent all our remaining cap on Mikheyev. They have since fix the D core mostly, and have been better signing depth to reasonable contracts. 

39 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Trade him for a 6th round draft pick at 50% retained.

It's not as good getting rid of him outright. But it does save the team $2.375 million for the next two years.

Even San Jose probably would be ok with that deal.

Chicago gave a 5th for Beauvillier, I'm sure someone will take Mik full value for a 7th

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

41 minutes ago, canucks curse said:

There are some teams that really need to hit the floor - Utah 

EF on Marek show saying Utah wants character vets with 2 yrs left on their contract for cheap acquisition price until their kids are ready - milky fits that but many others do too 

To Utah:

Filip Hronek

Ilya Mikheyev

To Vancouver:

Lawson Crouse

2024 3rd round pick (Edmonton)

We then trade that 3rd round pick to Carolina for the rights to Jake Guentzel.  We can then offer Guentzel 8 years, so 8.5x8, $68 million total money...

Crouse       Miller              Boeser

Guentzel    Pettersson    Lekkerimaki

Our top 6 is complete...

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

To Utah:

Filip Hronek

Ilya Mikheyev

To Vancouver:

Lawson Crouse

2024 3rd round pick (Edmonton)

We then trade that 3rd round pick to Carolina for the rights to Jake Guentzel.  We can then offer Guentzel 8 years, so 8.5x8, $68 million total money...

Crouse       Miller              Boeser

Guentzel    Pettersson    Lekkerimaki

Our top 6 is complete...

Why are you trading Hronek to dump Mikheyev? 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Bure10Kuzmenko96 said:

You guys think Anaheim will take Mikheyev? They did in NHL 2024 when I offered Mikheyev, 2025 6th and 7th for Colton White (D) and 2024 2nd round pick 

The bottom feeder teams like Anaheim, SJ, Chicago and even Utah (Low cap) need a player like him. I cannot see it being hard to get off his contract, particularly if we throw in a sweetener like a 4/5th or a B prospect we don't have room for.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

Just now, HarbularyBattery said:

I assume its contingent on getting a top-4 RD in UFA, like montour or pesce

Yeah I get it but we are gonna pay them too. They are just older. 

4 minutes ago, Devron said:

Fairz

I don’t understand trading Hronek. Never will but I guess we’ll see what happens 

Hronek wants $8 million. We aren't paying that.  So unless his demands drop he will be traded.  Packaging Mikheyev with Hronek to get a true power forward in Crouse is a great move IMO.  Plus, we open up the cap space to sign Guentzel.  Our top 6 is literally complete and just as good as Florida's.

As for RHD, we have several options in free agency.  Myers will be re-signed, we have Juulsen, Chatfield looks like an option.  So we need one more guy.  We could always make another trade.  Hoglander plus our 2025 1st can probably get us a top 4 RHD...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Elias Pettersson said:

Hronek wants $8 million. We aren't paying that.  So unless his demands drop he will be traded.  Packaging Mikheyev with Hronek to get a true power forward in Crouse is a great move IMO.  Plus, we open up the cap space to sign Guentzel.  Our top 6 is literally complete and just as good as Florida's.

As for RHD, we have several options in free agency.  Myers will be re-signed, we have Juulsen, Chatfield looks like an option.  So we need one more guy.  We could always make another trade.  Hoglander plus our 2025 1st can probably get us a top 4 RHD...

I want 8 million too. Doesn’t mean they won’t come to an agreement. We fall for this stuff every year. I get it, we are basing this stuff on the reports or speculations we get. But I just don’t see us improving by subtracting Defence for forwards. No we get to where we were last year without Hronek. In fact I think it’s possible we don’t even make the playoffs. Hronek was a huge part of our resurgence even if he faded half way through the season. His first playoffs this year too if I’m not mistaken 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Devron said:

I want 8 million too. Doesn’t mean they won’t come to an agreement. We fall for this stuff every year. I get it, we are basing this stuff on the reports or speculations we get. But I just don’t see us improving by subtracting Defence for forwards. No we get to where we were last year without Hronek. In fact I think it’s possible we don’t even make the playoffs. Hronek was a huge part of our resurgence even if he faded half way through the season. His first playoffs this year too if I’m not mistaken 

Did you just say we wouldn't be in the playoffs without Hronek? L.o.l

Didnt know Hronek was our Norris. Oh wait isnt that our Captain.

Edited by HOFsedins
  • ThereItIs 1

25 minutes ago, Devron said:

Why are you trading Hronek to dump Mikheyev? 

Because it's value added.  Hronek is not an 8 million dollar player and neither is mik.  Saving 13 million is a big deal to reshape this team

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

11 minutes ago, Devron said:

People just don't get it.. it wasn't even that long ago... apparently Petey wasn't gonna sign for under $12M:

https://canucksarmy.com/news/report-elias-pettersson-canucks-week-talk-contract-believed-8-years-12-million-annually

"I think it starts with a 12. I don’t know it’s $12.5, $12.25, $12.75 — either way, it’s going to be significant." -- Seravelli

• Cheers 2

11 minutes ago, HOFsedins said:

Did you just say we wouldn't be in the playoffs without Hronek? L.o.l

Didnt know Hronek was our Norris. Oh wait isnt that our Captain.

Yeah it takes a team