[Speculation] Canucks Rumors: Ilya Mikheyev Trade Chatter Heating Up 

56 minutes ago, Pianoman said:

I don’t know if I would call him injury prone when we signed him. He had a broken thumb from a cross check and a sliced wrist from a skate blade, those aren’t injury prone accidents. The 4 years in juniors no injuries. He was coming off 21 goals in 54 games. I think the contract had some risk to it, but not a mistake. 

so does that mean joshua should be getting 4.75+ from the canucks?

1 minute ago, wai_lai416 said:

so does that mean joshua should be getting 4.75+ from the canucks?

I mean if we didn't have Mikehyev you could argue giving him 4 could make more sense.

A team is going to give Joshua $4+

But I hear ya

5 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

We're not getting Guentzel. Book it.

No? How come? 

I think in years past (before JR/PA), I was always hopeful the Canucks would add a real good piece to the forwards, but they'd get cheap and bring in plugs instead. I think JR/PA have Guentzel at the top of their list, and they aren't afraid to make a big trade or signing.

• Like 1

I don’t put much stock  in anything that Frank I’m always wrong Seravalli.

that said  I do hope we can move Mik out and free up cap. 

Edited by Combover
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Nucker67 said:

No? How come? 

I think in years past (before JR/PA), I was always hopeful the Canucks would add a real good piece to the forwards, but they'd get cheap and bring in plugs instead. I think JR/PA have Guentzel at the top of their list, and they aren't afraid to make a big trade or signing.

Because Utah, Chicago, and other teams have cap space. And they want to show their fans progression.

Canucks will be outbid, plain and simple.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Nucker67 said:

No? How come? 

Yeah I don't think this management group is afraid of a big add like Guentzel.  Especially given that they know who he is, what he brings on and off the ice, etc.

It'll be a matter of whether or not it makes sense for the rest of the roster they are putting together.  If guys like Zadorov turn out to be too pricey, they need to figure out those pieces too.

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Because Utah, Chicago, and other teams have cap space. And they want to show their fans progression.

But you're assuming Guentzel wants to go to those bottom feeding teams.  Maybe what he wants is another Cup more than anything else?

• Like 1

Just now, Ghostsof1915 said:

That's a good point, other teams have more money to offer. I'm sure CHI would love to have Guentzel on Bedard's wing, but JR/PA really want this player too, and ultimately it'll be up to him on who he plays for. With Bedard on a bottom feeder for a few years or with a contender in VAN.

6 minutes ago, HKSR said:

But you're assuming Guentzel wants to go to those bottom feeding teams.  Maybe what he wants is another Cup more than anything else?

I'm not assuming he's coming here either. Historically we rarely get the "big fish". And when we do it doesn't always turn out well.

Is it possible? Sure. But I wouldn't hold my breath. Chicago has got a developing superstar. Utah is inching closer to a playoff spot.

His agent wouldn't be a good agent saying no in public. As he's trying to get the best deal. We're an attractive target yes. But I'd rather see a pair of

developing forwards and a few defensive prospects, than banking on one offensive player.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

That's a good point, other teams have more money to offer. I'm sure CHI would love to have Guentzel on Bedard's wing, but JR/PA really want this player too, and ultimately it'll be up to him on who he plays for. With Bedard on a bottom feeder for a few years or with a contender in VAN.

Bingo.

16 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Naw he wants money or else he'd sign in Florida for league minimum.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Trade him for a 6th round draft pick at 50% retained.

It's not as good getting rid of him outright. But it does save the team $2.375 million for the next two years.

Even San Jose probably would be ok with that deal.

Teams have been asking for Lekkerimaki or Hoglander to be added to eat the full cap. 

If you want teams to eat Mikheyev’s cap at 50% the cost is probably a 2nd rd pick. 

9 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

I'm not assuming he's coming here either. Historically we rarely get the "big fish". And when we do it doesn't always turn out well.

Is it possible? Sure. But I wouldn't hold my breath. Chicago has got a developing superstar. Utah is inching closer to a playoff spot.

His agent wouldn't be a good agent saying no in public. As he's trying to get the best deal. We're an attractive target yes. But I'd rather see a pair of

developing forwards and a few defensive prospects, than banking on one offensive player.

Unfortunately Canadian teams are a huge deterrent to free agents now because of taxes. They have to really want to be here or to have not gotten any serious offers. 

21 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

It is a risk but I think he would still prefer a contender type scenario. Then again offer millions more per year and people find reasons to like their new situations.

People often forget the one factor when suggesting names to sign or even extend here. Players may like the Playoff atmosphere or the city but have other plans, they need to want to be here. Its not a matter of Vancouver having familiarity and wanting a player being enough.

I mean nobody knows but perhaps Lindholm wants to be on the east coast, his young family is building a house and putting down roots in Sweden, flights are half the amount of time ( 8 hours ? ) from Boston or New York, the east coast to Sweden. That could be an important reason, we don't know but too many variables other than just teams wanting players and offering bucks.

33 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Dhali was also saying the Canucks were interested in Chatfield.

They could be? He said they heard if he makes it to free agency that’s a guy they would be interested in 

Carolina probably wants to keep the Orlov-chatfield pairing together  

• Like 1