D Jalen Chatfield is signing with the Hurricanes.

Dang...I wonder what the contract is.

He was one of the cheaper guys I was hoping to have in the bottom 4.

3×3 is solid if he can grow to be a top 4, but a bit much for bottom pairing. Probably would have got similar in the free agent market.

Edited by c00kies

1 minute ago, c00kies said:

Dang...I wonder what the contract is.

He was one of the cheaper guys I was hoping to have in the bottom 4.

Not sure where CapsFriendly got the info. But they are saying $3 Million/per for 3 years.

Proof you have to take rumours with a grain of salt at this time of year and the trade deadline.

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

Good for him, but he is overpriced if that's what he gets.

I'm not sure about that.  That's a pretty average going rate for top tier bottom pairing guys.  Heck, even Ian Cole was making $3M the past couple years.  Clearly he wasn't a top 4 guy for that money.

Just now, HKSR said:

I'm not sure about that.  That's a pretty average going rate for top tier bottom pairing guys.  Heck, even Ian Cole was making $3M the past couple years.  Clearly he wasn't a top 4 guy for that money.

Dunno, never liked him or see what others do. 

1 hour ago, HKSR said:

He will set the bar for a top tier bottom pairing guy.  My guess is in the $2.5 to $3M range.

we have soucy on the bottom pairing at 3.25mil with a ntc. pretty sure we set the bars for bottom pairing defenceman

1 minute ago, wai_lai416 said:

we have soucy on the bottom pairing at 3.25mil with a ntc. pretty sure we set the bars for bottom pairing defenceman

Lol.  I think Soucy is more a top 4 tweener than a bottom pair guy though.  Soucy would fit into a LOT of team's 2nd pair LHD spot given his size and defensive ability.

Just now, HKSR said:

Lol.  I think Soucy is more a top 4 tweener than a bottom pair guy though.  Soucy would fit into a LOT of team's 2nd pair LHD spot given his size and defensive ability.

meh i have him more of a bottom pairing guy that could play in the 2nd pairing once in a while if we dont have another option. i mean between him and zadorov one of them will be the 3rd pairing.. and an expensive one

Just now, Bob Long said:

Chatfield 

I think it's cuz he's a very solid RHD for the bottom pair.  Has good size, excellent mobility, plays with some edge, and puts up good offence (8 goals and 22 points this year).  Everything you could ask for in a bottom pair guy.  Especially a RHD.

Just now, wai_lai416 said:

meh i have him more of a bottom pairing guy that could play in the 2nd pairing once in a while if we dont have another option. i mean between him and zadorov one of them will be the 3rd pairing.. and an expensive one

I don't think we really have a bottom pair.  We have two tweener pairs.

If it's Soucy-Myers and Zadorov-???, they'll both get around the same amount of minutes per night.

Soucy to me is a tweener between top 4 and bottom pair.  Chatfield is pretty much a bottom pair guy only.  Hence the SLIGHT premium on Soucy $3.25M vs $3M lol

12 minutes ago, HKSR said:

I don't think we really have a bottom pair.  We have two tweener pairs.

If it's Soucy-Myers and Zadorov-???, they'll both get around the same amount of minutes per night.

Soucy to me is a tweener between top 4 and bottom pair.  Chatfield is pretty much a bottom pair guy only.  Hence the SLIGHT premium on Soucy $3.25M vs $3M lol

regardless we are paying way too much for players to be playing on the bottom pairing regardless of their ability

2 hours ago, HKSR said:

I think it's cuz he's a very solid RHD for the bottom pair.  Has good size, excellent mobility, plays with some edge, and puts up good offence (8 goals and 22 points this year).  Everything you could ask for in a bottom pair guy.  Especially a RHD.

yeah I dunno, I just don't care for him and wouldn't want him here at that price. Maybe I've got some kind of Benning hangover about it.