[Re-signing] NYR re-sign Kappo Kakko

2 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

NYR are lucky he went down this path without kicking or screaming.  Sucks cuz if Kaako breaks out this year, that's another player that will provide excellent value for the Rags.

3 hours ago, Bob Long said:

they have a hard time finding their stuff. 

it could also be coaching. laffy was struggling hard with previous coaches putting him on 3rd and 4th lines.. laviolette place some trust in him and he had a pretty good break out season and playoff.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, canuck73_3 said:

Doubt it, one year show me and cut losses if no progression is my guess. 

The Rangers know what they have in him. Despite struggles off ice getting on top of his health and injury setbacks he frankly was drafted well above where he should have been.

If people are looking at stats hoping or anticipating him breaking out its likely not coming. He has developed a reliable defensive game, strong on the boards etc but his offense has just not translated to North America.

He did nobody any favor by signing his qualifying offer. He is on a contender, establishing himself as a mid-six defensively reliable forward with some jam. A glue guy so to speak.

Another club could very well try to fit him in a different role hoping for offense but may not be worthwhile.

22 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

The Rangers know what they have in him. Despite struggles off ice getting on top of his health and injury setbacks he frankly was drafted well above where he should have been.

If people are looking at stats hoping or anticipating him breaking out its likely not coming. He has developed a reliable defensive game, strong on the boards etc but his offense has just not translated to North America.

He did nobody any favor by signing his qualifying offer. He is on a contender, establishing himself as a mid-six defensively reliable forward with some jam. A glue guy so to speak.

Another club could very well try to fit him in a different role hoping for offense but may not be worthwhile.

I think it’s a great deal for both sides he bets on himself and the Rangers get a solid player with some growing pains on a dirt cheap deal. 

6 minutes ago, NoHeart said:

When does this ever happen? serious question. 

Almost never, I agree.  However, it would make trading an rfa easier and give him more value if they did.

10 hours ago, stawns said:

Almost never, I agree.  However, it would make trading an rfa easier and give him more value if they did.

asked ChatGPT 

One notable example is the trade of Keith Tkachuk in 2010. The St. Louis Blues re-signed Tkachuk to a one-year contract and then traded him to the Atlanta Thrashers. Another example is the 2020 trade involving Taylor Hall. The Arizona Coyotes re-signed Hall and then traded him to the Buffalo Sabres.

• Vintage 1