Racism

JIAHN

This has been a subject that has bothered me for a long time.

Although it is a touchy subject, I would like to see it we can discuss this subject, without an all out war, and invite those with questions and opinions to embrace the subject in a polite and respectful manner.

I would like to start! 

Man(Human) male/female), as a species has been on the earth for a relatively short period of time (6 million years) Homo Sapiens approx.(750,000 years), as compared to the actual age of the earth (4.5 billion years).

I pose, that all men and women today are Humans, and are of the  surviving sub-species Homo Sapiens. Now since, Homo Sapiens have been around long before, colonization of the planet, are we not just Homo Sapiens, whether we live in what is now North America, or whether we live in Africa.

And as we all know, the earth re-creates itself, from the former Pangea to the next unknown/un-named rock formations, we can not truly call ourselves, European, or Chinese, by name for any long period of time, as the name European, or Chinese only describes us at this present time. Therefore as our genes are blended, over millennia, we will again transform, into a different genome.

Therefore, science and man, has only really, defined us, for a very short period of time, and the only constant is that we are Homo Sapiens, of the Human Race, and no more!

To be specific, none of us are Chinese, European, Indian, First Nations, we are all, African and Homo Sapiens. But really just Homo Sapiens.

Modern man has given us, different names, but in fact we are part of those first Homo Sapiens that walked out of Africa so many thousands of years ago

You are all my cousins..........

Long winded, but I would love to hear, how I am wrong! This question/statement has bothered me a very long time!

• Like 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Cheers 2

Posted (edited)

I then submit, how can we be racists, if we are all the same? Fools, maybe, bigots, sure! But calling ones own person, a certain thing, does not seem racist, by my understanding!

Edited by JIAHN

13 minutes ago, JIAHN said:

To be specific, none of us are Chinese, European, Indian, First Nations, we are all, African and Homo Sapiens. But really just Homo Sapiens.

‘Homo Sapiens Sapiens’

And only those genetically from Africa are ‘true’ HSS. 

Most of ‘us’ have a 1-2% mix of HS and Homo Neanderthalensis DNA, within us. 

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, JIAHN said:

First Question.........

If I am white, and say I think whites are all stupid, am I a racist? If I ask them to use only the back door, am I racist?

Yes. If you group people based on their skin colour or genetic makeup pejoratively, then you’re racist. 

• Cheers 1

23 minutes ago, JIAHN said:

I then submit, how can we be racists, if we are all the same? Fools, maybe, bigots, sure! But calling ones own person, a certain thing, does not seem racist, by my understanding!

We are all ‘people’. 

The scientific stuff doesn’t really apply on a day to day basis. 

There is very little difference between the DNA between ‘people’ genetically. The biggest differences are cultural norms. 

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Imo the true divider is religion, but  this is an interesting topic.

Race is a meaningless concept scientifically. You too can gain or lose melanin if you travel.

Race is a relevant topic. It’s an avenue of scientific understanding. 

It doesn’t and shouldn’t apply to ‘us’ in the here and now since the biggest difference that most people take issue with aren’t ‘race’, it’s with ‘cultural norms’.

Most people think skin colour is ‘race’. 

Just now, Sharpshooter said:

Race is a relevant topic. It’s an avenue of scientific understanding. 

It doesn’t and shouldn’t apply to ‘us’ in the here and now since the biggest difference that most people take issue with aren’t ‘race’, it’s with ‘cultural norms’.

Most people think skin colour is ‘race’. 

That's kind of my point tho, race as an idea is fundamentally flawed.

I did one of those dna test things, and am quite the mutt, even though I can trace my family history to 1700s Russia.

So what do I pick? 

• ThereItIs 1

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

We are all ‘people’. 

The scientific stuff doesn’t really apply on a day to day basis. 

There is very little difference between the DNA between ‘people’ genetically. The biggest differences are cultural norms. 

So, if a group of Chinese decided to live in the woods and live off the land and worship the earth (Extremely simplified) they could identify as 1st Nations?

Just to clarify.........My comment towards first nations was not a personal thought but a extremely basic and uneducated/short comment only meant to show a difference.

Edited by JIAHN

You want the best example of why Racism is stupid?; 

Grab a white egg and crack it

Grab a yellow egg and crack it

Grab a brown egg and crack it

are the yolks and internals not the same? 

Humans are the same in my experience. 

Racism is a control/government/elite device to keep society divided. If you watch children play, they don’t seem to notice or care who they play with… that tells me it’s learned or pushed on people somewhere along the journey to adulthood. The whole concept is stupid, we’re all in it together. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

11 minutes ago, Northern_Nuck said:

You want the best example of why Racism is stupid?; 

Grab a white egg and crack it

Grab a yellow egg and crack it

Grab a brown egg and crack it

are the yolks and internals not the same? 

Humans are the same in my experience. 

Racism is a control/government/elite device to keep society divided. If you watch children play, they don’t seem to notice or care who they play with… that tells me it’s learned or pushed on people somewhere along the journey to adulthood. The whole concept is stupid, we’re all in it together. 

I see you've been talking to my uncle. 

Wtf is a yellow egg?

Edited by JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo

2 minutes ago, JoeyJoeJoeJr. Shabadoo said:

I see you've been talking to my uncle. 

Wtf is a yellow egg?

Some chickens lay yellowish eggs… hell some breeds even lay blue eggs. 

Most lay brown though naturally if free ranged … growing up my dad would mix supplements in their feed to make the eggs white. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, JIAHN said:

So, if a group of Chinese decided to live in the woods and live off the land and worship the earth (Extremely simplified) they could identify as 1st Nations?

Just to clarify.........My comment towards first nations was not a personal thought but a extremely basic and uneducated/short comment only meant to show a difference.

No. 

Their ‘race’ wouldn’t change. 

Their ‘culture’ would. 

As a visible minority I submit the following. Allow people to say whatever they want to whomever they want. Without the usual consequence (apart from hate speech). But whomever you say hateful things about you can no longer have their food EVER.

Like shit talking Mexicans that's fine but you've had your last Taco, Quesadilla or Corona. Got a hankering for a Burrito? Too bad go butter some bread a-hole.

Like shit talking Chinese, OK but you've had your last Dumpling, Sweet&Sour Pork or Spring Roll. Dying for some Chow Mein? Piss off and enjoy your shitty ham sandwich. 

Like shit talking Indians, fine but no more Butter Chicken for you. No more Pakora or Samosas for you. Got a craving for Naan? Nein, nope, nada. Savour the flavor of a rice cake instead.

Boom, the world is a better place.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Sharpshooter said:

Are ‘we’ still all talking about the Anthropology surrounding ‘race’, or has this thread moved to ‘culture’ 

Just asking.

There’s a huge distinction and disconnect.

This is where I need a lessen, I guess....

I feel by me saying I am different, it implies that you are different also.

By saying that your race is different than mine, you are saying mine if different from yours

Now, if a race says, you can only have this, because they are distinctive, that is racism?

Because what you are implying  is that I am different, and do not deserve it because I am a different race

Is that not racism?

1 hour ago, nuckin_futz said:

As a visible minority I submit the following. Allow people to say whatever they want to whomever they want. Without the usual consequence (apart from hate speech). But whomever you say hateful things about you can no longer have their food EVER.

Like shit talking Mexicans that's fine but you've had your last Taco, Quesadilla or Corona. Got a hankering for a Burrito? Too bad go butter some bread a-hole.

Like shit talking Chinese, OK but you've had your last Dumpling, Sweet&Sour Pork or Spring Roll. Dying for some Chow Mein? Piss off and enjoy your shitty ham sandwich. 

Like shit talking Indians, fine but no more Butter Chicken for you. No more Pakora or Samosas for you. Got a craving for Naan? Nein, nope, nada. Savour the flavor of a rice cake instead.

Not entirely relevant but it reminded me of this beauty about pho. 

1 hour ago, JIAHN said:

This is where I need a lessen, I guess....

I feel by me saying I am different, it implies that you are different also.

By saying that your race is different than mine, you are saying mine if different from yours

Now, if a race says, you can only have this, because they are distinctive, that is racism?

Because what you are implying  is that I am different, and do not deserve it because I am a different race

Is that not racism?

I’m not different. And neither are you. 

Neither are the majority of people. 

‘Google’ ‘Race’ and look up Anthropology ‘papers’ on it. 

@JIAHN

It's always been pretty simple for me, treat others the way you wish to be treated yourself.

Doesn't matter what colour, religion, place in the world you or your ancestors come from.

You don't want to be fucked with, don fuck with others. 

I know exactly what racism looks like, while this is a scene from a movie, this is a very accurate portrayal of the racist skinheads my friends and I used to fight back in the day, in the western suburbs of Melbourne.

Russell Crowe and the other actors hung out in pubs, " studying " skinheads before filming Romper Stomper. 

I don't know, or care for that matter, about my biological heritage. Suffice to say I am a human being with the ability to reason.

On 6/13/2024 at 7:15 PM, nuckin_futz said:

So hold on, let me test this… say something mean about the Inuit, and… no more whale skin with blubber for you? I’m not sure if it holds.

I’m all for supporting all cultures. It’s what gives people identity and belonging. The ‘we’re all the same’ lens usually comes from those who are in the majority who rarely have their cultures threatened in any significant ways. At one point, our early ancestors may have all come from the same place, but a lot has happened since then. Things that help us view the world in different ways. Recognize our similarities and celebrate our differences.

18 minutes ago, gwarrior said:

Is it racist if I just hate everybody equally? I don't care what color, race, ethnicity you are. I hate you just like I hate myself. Is that racist?

Ainters Gonna Aint James Franco GIF by hero0fwar

• Haha 1