Euro 2024 GDT

3 hours ago, Dumb Nuck said:

The star of Euro has been Owen Gohl with a record breaking 10th goal today.

I hear Chelsea has offered him 30 million for next season....

• Haha 2

Game between Turkey and the Netherlands was very exciting to watch.

Can’t say the same thing about the snooze fast between England and Switzerland.

That OT was particularly hard to watch, hoping for tulips to knock out England and Spain to eliminate France.

Fingers crossed!

23 hours ago, CBH1926 said:

Game between Turkey and the Netherlands was very exciting to watch.

Can’t say the same thing about the snooze fast between England and Switzerland.

That OT was particularly hard to watch, hoping for tulips to knock out England and Spain to eliminate France.

Fingers crossed!

Yeah, it was England. It’s to be expected. They also force their opponents to slow down their game because they play so far out of the back

Spain vs France very good game, so far. Spain up 2-1 in 60 th minute. Still is anybody’s game as both teams are attacking.

16 year old Lamine Yamal has one of Spain’s goals. A generational talent. 

I'm not surprised that Spain won, but I was surprised at how ineffectual France looked up front.

At around the 85th minute, Mbappe cut into the middle, at the top of the box and took a right footed shot......I would normally have called a strike from that spot, by that player, as good as in the back of the net....

It sailed over the top of the net by at least a yard.....:classic_wacko:

6 hours ago, RupertKBD said:

I'm not surprised that Spain won, but I was surprised at how ineffectual France looked up front.

At around the 85th minute, Mbappe cut into the middle, at the top of the box and took a right footed shot......I would normally have called a strike from that spot, by that player, as good as in the back of the net....

It sailed over the top of the net by at least a yard.....:classic_wacko:

Yeah he hasn’t been himself. The coach also changed the position he usually plays. France didn’t score against Canada, so even that one goal was kind of surprising to me

Late heroics for England....again....

Credit where credit is due....these guys always seem to find a way. It remains to be seen, whether they can do it one more time against Spain....

• Cheers 1

Great late goal for England and a fantastic individual effort, but I'm sure the Dutch feel pretty hard done by. The PK was a very soft call imo. Also, the late non-call which would have lead to a corner should have been called as it went off the England player, the late goal then doesn't happen.

• Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

5 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

Great late goal for England and a fantastic individual effort, but I'm sure the Dutch feel pretty hard done by. The PK was a very soft call imo. Also, the late non-call which would have lead to a corner should have been called as it went off the England player, the late goal then doesn't happen.

PK was the right call, hard charge with cleats forward, he got a yellow card afterwards as well, clear foul.

• Wiener 1

32 minutes ago, CBH1926 said:

@RupertKBD Who we’re you rooting for today, since you like both teams?

I was leaning Netherlands, but I'm fine with England. I doubt they'll beat Spain, but that's why you play the game.

As I said at the beginning of the tournament, the important thing was that Italy and Portugal both lose.....the Dutch got further than both of them, so I'm okay with how this tournament has gone....

My heritage is mostly English, but I became a huge fan of Johan Cruyff and Dutch football, after watching the 1974 World Cup.

Edited by RupertKBD

2 hours ago, RupertKBD said:

I was leaning Netherlands, but I'm fine with England. I doubt they'll beat Spain, but that's why you play the game.

As I said at the beginning of the tournament, the important thing was that Italy and Portugal both lose.....the Dutch got further than both of them, so I'm okay with how this tournament has gone....

My heritage is mostly English, but I became a huge fan of Johan Cruyff and Dutch football, after watching the 1974 World Cup.

I think Spain is going to win but you never know, English have managed to squeeze by so who knows.

Speaking of the Dutch, I was a big fan of their team that won in 1988 Euro championship.

They had some great players Van Basten, Gullit, Koeman, Riijkard etc.

Cruyff was great indeed but it was little before my time, the first World Cup that I watched was back in 1982.

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, canuckster19 said:

PK was the right call, hard charge with cleats forward, he got a yellow card afterwards as well, clear foul.

It was a contested ball as neither player had possession. It didn't impact Kane's ability to get the shot off. The cleats only made contact on Kane's follow through after already taking the shot. Kane kicked the cleats more than Dumphries cleated Kane. The penalty was harsh, the announcer was of the same opinion.

• ThereItIs 1