[PROPOSAL] Okay, here we go. Let's go for the Cup next year!!!

26 minutes ago, Reg said:

Serious overpay for Larsson, and I don't want an ex-Oiler (Schultz) on our team.

I'd rather sign Lyubushkin than bring in Schultz.  Zadorov-Lyubushkin would be a very good pairing IMO.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Fen1010 said:

Curious as to Suter? Did the team buy him out in this run down?

Suter should probably be back on the Miller line and Crouse should be with Guentzel and Petey.

2 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

With a $2 million retention the trade is fair value.  Larsson easily gets a 1st at the deadline and a prospect too.  Without the retention I would just do the 1st and mabye Linus Karlsson.  

Mmm, I don't think as well of it. A 1st is a lot to give up, let alone a young player on a good contract who just put up 24 goals. If that's what we're willing to trade I'd look for a player who'd offer more longevity. Larsson will be 32 in November and he'll be a pending UFA after this coming season, he could very well opt to explore the market for what'd possibly be his last deal. 

I doubt he's available but at that point management may as well bang on the Zub door as hard as they can. 

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

Mmm, I don't think as well of it. A 1st is a lot to give up, let alone a young player on a good contract who just put up 24 goals. If that's what we're willing to trade I'd look for a player who'd offer more longevity. Larsson will be 32 in November and he'll be a pending UFA after this coming season, he could very well opt to explore the market for what'd possibly be his last deal. 

I doubt he's available but at that point management may as well bang on the Zub door as hard as they can. 

I like Zub, but he isn't available.  Ottawa is looking to trade their own 1st pick to get better.  Larsson is a 22/23-minute top pairing RHDman.  He's easily worth a 1st on the open market.  And he's very durable, has missed almost no games the last 5 years.  He's the perfect partner for Hughes as he can easily play 23 minutes a night.  He'd also be first choice on the penalty kill and improve that as well for us.  

I would have no problem extending him for another 4-5 years.  He'd be alot cheaper than Hronek.  Once Willander comes up in 2025, he will be the puck mover on the right side and play with Zadorov...

We are going for the cup next year.  Hoglander isn't a top 6 guy, we would get Crouse and Guentzel to replace him...

4 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

He's also an ex Penguin who won two cups with JR/PA/RT.  And he's a local boy from Kelowna...

Okay you convinced me, didn't realize Justin was a BC boy.

• Cheers 1

I found the proper thread!

With Utah go for Crouse, Kesserling and Bains.

Columbus might be more complicated, Hronek, Mikheyev and Boeser for Jirieck, Laine, Marchenko, Voronkov. That gives some veteran help to the rest of their really young players, lots of positive marketing potential and out from under Laine. The Canucks get a RHD and youth with cap savings.

Flip Silovs and Podkolzin to Ottawa for Pinto. Sign Pinto to 3.5 million X 3/4 yrs.

Garland and Hoglander for Necas and a pick/prospect. Sign Necas to 7 million X 5/6 yrs

Sign Zadorov to 5 - 5.5 mil X 7yrs, Myers to 2.5-3 mil X 2/3yrs.

Demko 5 - Topolio .875

Hughes 7.85 - Jiricek/Kesserling 1.5

Zadorov 5.5 - Kesserling/Jiricek .95

Soucy 3.25- Myers 2.5-3

Juulsen .775

Necas 7 - Pettersson 11.6  - Laine 8.7

Bains 2.5 - Miller 8 - Crouse 4.3

Marchenko 5 - Voronkov .95 - Pinto 2.5

Motte 1.5 - Monohan 2 - Watson 1.75

A Tocchet team, big, mean and nasty. Much younger with vets and succession plan for players when Miller gets slower and moves down the roster, Kesserling and Jiricek both RHD under contract control for 5+ more years.

Necas to move to center, maybe have 3 scoring lines.

Lots of centers and speed.

Big enough to win just about ALL board battles.

About 3 mil in cap space and terms going past the OEL buyout.

If Laine falls back into his issue then his cap hit could be used at the TDL or terminated if serious.

55 minutes ago, TheGuardian said:

I found the proper thread!

With Utah go for Crouse, Kesserling and Bains.

Columbus might be more complicated, Hronek, Mikheyev and Boeser for Jirieck, Laine, Marchenko, Voronkov. That gives some veteran help to the rest of their really young players, lots of positive marketing potential and out from under Laine. The Canucks get a RHD and youth with cap savings.

Flip Silovs and Podkolzin to Ottawa for Pinto. Sign Pinto to 3.5 million X 3/4 yrs.

Garland and Hoglander for Necas and a pick/prospect. Sign Necas to 7 million X 5/6 yrs

Sign Zadorov to 5 - 5.5 mil X 7yrs, Myers to 2.5-3 mil X 2/3yrs.

Demko 5 - Topolio .875

Hughes 7.85 - Jiricek/Kesserling 1.5

Zadorov 5.5 - Kesserling/Jiricek .95

Soucy 3.25- Myers 2.5-3

Juulsen .775

Necas 7 - Pettersson 11.6  - Laine 8.7

Bains 2.5 - Miller 8 - Crouse 4.3

Marchenko 5 - Voronkov .95 - Pinto 2.5

Motte 1.5 - Monohan 2 - Watson 1.75

A Tocchet team, big, mean and nasty. Much younger with vets and succession plan for players when Miller gets slower and moves down the roster, Kesserling and Jiricek both RHD under contract control for 5+ more years.

Necas to move to center, maybe have 3 scoring lines.

Lots of centers and speed.

Big enough to win just about ALL board battles.

About 3 mil in cap space and terms going past the OEL buyout.

If Laine falls back into his issue then his cap hit could be used at the TDL or terminated if serious.

None of those trades would be accepted by the other teams.  A rebuilding team isnt tradung away all all that young talent for a rfa question mark, a pending Ufa and a cap dump . Laine won't get a massive return but they'll do way better than what you're offering, especially if they're including a 20 year old 6'4" right shot d who went 6th OA 2 years ago 

The Hoglander and Garland for Necas and a pick one  is laughable.  Silovs and Podkolzin for Pinto isn't close either.

56 minutes ago, qwijjibo said:

None of those trades would be accepted by the other teams.  A rebuilding team isnt tradung away all all that young talent for a rfa question mark, a pending Ufa and a cap dump . Laine won't get a massive return but they'll do way better than what you're offering, especially if they're including a 20 year old 6'4" right shot d who went 6th OA 2 years ago 

The Hoglander and Garland for Necas and a pick one  is laughable.  Silovs and Podkolzin for Pinto isn't close either.

Who friggin’ cares on a Canuck’s board what the other clubs’ fans think? 
It’s a good trade for US! F the other teams and their fans and what they might think. We don’t care!!! 
This is a great trade for US!!! That’s what matters. 

• ThereItIs 1