[Speculation] Canucks Rumors: Vancouver interested in signing Brandon Duhaime

I would be interested in this guy as an option if DJ leaves - think his aggressive style will fit into the RT system. 

With all the Canuck free agents that are supposedly being the interest of every team in the league (are we going to lose 5-6 players or 1/3 of our roster and possibly even FINN) , we have to start looking at some other options if things don't pan out. I don't expect the Canucks to resign all their key FAs - 2-3 is my expectation and will depend on what they deem as most crucial and also if the player leaving can be replaced by another option.

This is truly the year for PA and JR to put their stamp on this team - with possibly 1/4 of the roster changed and up to 25M to work with - let's see how this plays out.

With the Canucks now at the crossroad of their rebuilding - I wonder if the core players also have any say at this time - would be nice to see the coaches / gm and players all on the same page.

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, Coconuts said:

Canucks have Joshua listed at 6'3", 206 on their website. https://www.nhl.com/canucks/roster

Avs have Duhaime listed at 6'2", 200 on theirs. https://www.nhl.com/avalanche/roster

The size difference is honestly pretty negligible. 

more of a figure of speech based on how I see them play on the ice.  

Joshua is great at holding a spot on the ice-it’s hard for players to get through him and he stands players up well.

Duhaime is a better skater who’s physicality comes out when he’s moving his legs.  

Joshua looked like he would chase hits whereas Duhaime explodes into his checks.

• Like 3
  • Cheers 1

14 hours ago, Coconuts said:

In all fairness, Rouss was absolutely worth his pay until that knee injury, he's not the only player to come back from one a shadow of his former self 

Always bugs me when people turn or bash players/prospects that have had shit luck n Injury problems, Roussell* was awesome and was bummed out about Dorsett's early retirement. I'm excited and anxious to see what's going to happen in the off season, trusting JR/PA and upper management to do some magic. Only hindsight bad thing was mikheyev but also fell off, of injurys.

Edited by TNucks1
  • Cheers 2

4 hours ago, Goose said:

more of a figure of speech based on how I see them play on the ice.  

Joshua is great at holding a spot on the ice-it’s hard for players to get through him and he stands players up well.

Duhaime is a better skater who’s physicality comes out when he’s moving his legs.  

Joshua looked like he would chase hits whereas Duhaime explodes into his checks.

Sign me up! 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Duhaime     Stenlund     Amadio

Duhaime is a physical beast.  Bring him in.  Stenlund is going to win the cup with Florida.  6'4" 210 right shot centre who is Swedish.  Bring him in too.  Amadio is also a Stanley Cup champion.  Bring him in too as our token Italian to replace PDG.

A totally rebuilt 4th line for the playoffs.  Let's go!!!!!

I think Stenlund is going to cost a few bobs this off season... have been very impressed with him these playoffs... 

But yes sign me up already...

• Cheers 1

Know it's going to cost us a big number, sure hope we can work things out with Zadarov.   Don't want to lose that element.    Don't want Soucy and Myers maybe, as the only big guys on our D, he's at the right age to match.   Changes the complexion of our entire team.   

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1

10 hours ago, hockeyfan-observer said:

I would be interested in this guy as an option if DJ leaves - think his aggressive style will fit into the RT system. 

With all the Canuck free agents that are supposedly being the interest of every team in the league (are we going to lose 5-6 players or 1/3 of our roster and possibly even FINN) , we have to start looking at some other options if things don't pan out. I don't expect the Canucks to resign all their key FAs - 2-3 is my expectation and will depend on what they deem as most crucial and also if the player leaving can be replaced by another option.

This is truly the year for PA and JR to put their stamp on this team - with possibly 1/4 of the roster changed and up to 25M to work with - let's see how this plays out.

With the Canucks now at the crossroad of their rebuilding - I wonder if the core players also have any say at this time - would be nice to see the coaches / gm and players all on the same page.

I don't think they're interested to have him replace Dak but rather Lafferty.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

13 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Duhaime is a physical beast.  Bring him in.  Stenlund is going to win the cup with Florida.  6'4" 210 right shot centre who is Swedish.  Bring him in too.  Amadio is also a Stanley Cup champion.  Bring him in too as our token Italian to replace PDG.

What’s the price looking like on all those guys? I’d love every pickup but we do need some cheaper options on the 4th line.

1 hour ago, flickyoursedin said:

What’s the price looking like on all those guys? I’d love every pickup but we do need some cheaper options on the 4th line.

Amadio will be expensive.  $3M+ IMO.

Duhaime possibly under $2M, but I think there would be a lot of bidders... so might be $2M+.  Same could be said for Stenlund after his playoff performance.

I'd be surprised if any of those guys come under $2M.

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, HKSR said:

Amadio will be expensive.  $3M+ IMO.

Duhaime possibly under $2M, but I think there would be a lot of bidders... so might be $2M+.  Same could be said for Stenlund after his playoff performance.

I'd be surprised if any of those guys come under $2M.

Yeah it’s like I thought all over 2 million is a very expensive 4th line! I think maybe one of these guys and then you gotta find some bargains!

On 6/14/2024 at 7:40 PM, Elias Pettersson said:

Looks like a luxury 4th line 

I don’t know if we can rebuild our defence add a top 6 winger and do that but I do like the line 

• Cheers 1

On 6/15/2024 at 9:39 AM, flickyoursedin said:

Duhaime would be in the $1.5 million range.  Stenlund is Swedish so might want to come here after he wins a cup.  He would also be in that range or maybe up to $2 million.  The thing with Stenlund is that he is a right shot and he's good at faceoffs, so I'd pay a premium for him and sign him to a 4-5 year deal.  Amadio would be our token Italian.  He'd be in the $2.5 million range.  We could also give him a 4 year deal.  He's a cup winner, just like Stenlund is going to be.

We need a totally brand new 4th line, especially if Blueger is going to be our 3C next year.  With Blueger and Podkolzin, our 3rd line won't be that expensive, so we can spend a bit more on the 4th line.  $14 million total on the bottom two lines is totally fine IMO.

Podkolzin    Blueger       Garland