[PGT] Holy Cow we did Things!! - Free Agency Thread - July 1st

Who stays, who goes?  

150 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following Canuck forwards will still be Canucks at the start of Pre-Season?

2. 2. Which of the following Canuck defencemen will still be Canucks at the start of Pre-Season?

3. 3. Which of the following Canuck goalies will still be Canucks at the start of Pre-Season?

• Thatcher Demko
    • Arturs Silovs (RFA)
    • Casey DeSmith (UFA)

Just now, Ghostsof1915 said:

I think we're going to get value picks. Ones that produce but don't break the bank, and are fast, good team guys.

The way the board was acting like JG was basically ours was just plain silly.

Eh the conjecture is fun but I never thought he would make it to market and if he did, wasn’t going to get past a low tax team or Utah would throw bank at him. 
‘Doesn’t mean didn’t have fun with the conjecture. 
‘Now I just hope we stay away from (in rank order no less) Skinner, Toffoli and Terravainen.  Terravainen good player but I doubt good match for what we need.  Don’t want to be giving up assets for Ehlers either. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DrJockitch said:

Eh the conjecture is fun but I never thought he would make it to market and if he did, wasn’t going to get past a low tax team or Utah would throw bank at him. 
‘Now I just hope we stay away from (in rank order no less) Skinner, Toffoli and Terravainen.  Terravainen good player but I doubt good match for what we need.  Don’t want to be giving up assets for Ehlers either. 

Stay away from Kane too.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

I knew if it came to a bidding war we wouldn't get Jake.

1 minute ago, Grinch said:

The names flying around is crazy hope Canucks can boost the top 6 with one 

guentzel 

Kane 

stamkos 

Laine

skinner 

Marner 

skinner 

kadri 

Guentzel and Stamkos only one of interest to me on that list. 
Laine is a mess, elite shot but just terribly slow feet.

Kane is scumbag want nothing to do with

Skinner gave one good 200 ft season for his what was it $63M deal. Soft, no longer fast , lazy but good release. 
‘Marner good but too expensive

Don’t like Skinner second time listed either 

Kadri is a C and way overpriced. 

6 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

June 30th is an important deadline across the NHL as teams decide which young players to keep and which to let walk. Silovs, Aidan McDonough, Nick Cicek, Filip Johansson, and Jett Woo are all pending RFAs for Vancouver. 

Woo signed and they released McDonough. Not sure about the rest. 

• Cheers 1

As Free Agency get closer I'm kind of losing a little interest in going all in.

I'm happy with the guys we were able to resign at reasonable $$$ and term, still waiting to shore up our goalie situation though.

At this point I'd rather fill out our D and maybe add a decent bottom 6 player (or 2) like Stenlund, Duhamie, Amadio 

If we can get a decent mid tier forward like Toffoli, Duclair, Avridsson for Petey then great.... but if not I'd like to save CAP space.

There will be some teams that have good players that will need to move some bodies to get CAP compliant before the start of the season. 

Having CAP space come next TDL could allow us add at that point, especially for the next crop of upcoming UFA's.

GM's go nuts and spend like drunken sailors in FA and I don't wanna be one of them...it happens every year though and with a CAP 

that is projected to rise the next couple seasons I forsee some crazy signings. I'm OK with the money portion it's the term that scares me.

Tanev for over 3-4 years is crazy, same for Stamkos, Guentzel till 37-38 the list goes on. 

I hope they negotiating hard for more buy outs in the next CBA  

Edited by Blitz-Pix