[PGT] Holy Cow we did Things!! - Free Agency Thread - July 1st

Who stays, who goes?  

151 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following Canuck forwards will still be Canucks at the start of Pre-Season?

2. 2. Which of the following Canuck defencemen will still be Canucks at the start of Pre-Season?

3. 3. Which of the following Canuck goalies will still be Canucks at the start of Pre-Season?

• Thatcher Demko
    • Arturs Silovs (RFA)
    • Casey DeSmith (UFA)

1 hour ago, HKSR said:

Umm... there have been 30+ teams for several years.  The competition hasn't changed.  The one thing very noticeable this year is that there are a LOT more RHD available than usual.  Even more have been added as they were not qualified today (ie. Nils Lundqvist among others).  

I think Sat's point (while not very well articulated) is that Utah is now a player in FA whereas Arizona was not....

I see the defense market going up big time myself over the next few seasons. 

7 minutes ago, stawns said:

Really, the only issue was the demko injury and only losing one key member of your team over the course of a season is definitely things going right.  If you keep your core guys intact over a year, you're thrilled.   

I felt like reffing def tilted against us second half of the season, injuries piled on down the stretch Joshua demko Lindholm PDG and lingering injury to petey, season went good but losing your starter is far from perfect 

3 minutes ago, Captain insano said:

I felt like reffing def tilted against us second half of the season, injuries piled on down the stretch Joshua demko Lindholm PDG and lingering injury to petey, season went good but losing your starter is far from perfect 

Losing your starter, absolutely.  Other than that, things went pretty smooth for Van, but they definitely got where they got based on the first half of their season 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

Losing your starter, absolutely.  Other than that, things went pretty smooth for Van, but they definitely got where they got based on the first half of their season 

Yeah that’s what I’m trying to get at, the second half of the season the wheels fell off not an ideal cruise through finish to a season had to pick it up end of the year not to lose the division 

4 minutes ago, Captain insano said:

Yeah that’s what I’m trying to get at, the second half of the season the wheels fell off not an ideal cruise through finish to a season had to pick it up end of the year not to lose the division 

Exactly, had that happened earlier in the season, they could easily have missed the playoffs.  It doesn't take much in this era, to be on the outside looking in.  Playoffs from next year is far from a guarantee 

7 minutes ago, stawns said:

Exactly, had that happened earlier in the season, they could easily have missed the playoffs.  It doesn't take much in this era, to be on the outside looking in.  Playoffs from next year is far from a guarantee 

Luckily tocchet knows how to keep his team professional and already challenging petey to be the best shape of his life at training camp 

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Okay at least we know.

Time to fill out our depth.

I'm happy this isn't the road they went down and I honestly don't think it was ever a serious target for PA.

Now they can focus on making this a deep team and address that one player who they think will put them over the top when they're closer to the top..........and when there's a player more worthy of that kind of accolade 

2 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

And if the Oilers kept doing what they did early on they would have too.

For crying out loud, apply the same standards across the board.

Never allow common sense and logic to stand in the way of a good trolling ... like arguing with a coffee table and about as productive to engage in dialogue with some that creep around this forum of ours. 

🤪

Edited by Rocket-68

3 hours ago, Gurn said:

rational

educated.

This whole sentence reads like a not so vague putdown.

tldr- your opinions are ok, but no need to diss others for thinking differently.

57 minutes ago, stawns said:

That's only card they have to play

4 hours ago, stawns said:

I think a lot of people here were not really being realistic in the first place.

"Realistic"? "Chuds"? "Maga"?

Sort of like that?

• Thanks 1