[PGT] Holy Cow we did Things!! - Free Agency Thread - July 1st

Who stays, who goes?  

153 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following Canuck forwards will still be Canucks at the start of Pre-Season?

2. 2. Which of the following Canuck defencemen will still be Canucks at the start of Pre-Season?

3. 3. Which of the following Canuck goalies will still be Canucks at the start of Pre-Season?

• Thatcher Demko
    • Arturs Silovs (RFA)
    • Casey DeSmith (UFA)

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

Shit, roy gone, but 7 year deal 

pretty decent aav though... wouldn't have been angry with that deal. would have rather he got it than Zad. 

Just now, NoHeart said:

That’s not really the point I was making, it was more about nothing happening 

I know. But the management won't start the season with the current roster. Lot of holes left to fill. If they can't make a deal today they have all summer to do their surgery, just like last summer. They have proven to be quite agile and have good pro scouting to get what they need. 

• Like 1

Just now, Devron said:

Only fail is not retaining Big Z. I knew everyone was getting overpaid so I’m happy to stay away but we shouldn’t have let Z go. One overpay would have been fine knowing what we got in him 

We just look so small again. The team is small and not physical. I just think we got worse since last year. So far! I We can’t really argue we haven’t. The team is worse.

• Cheers 1

Just now, DeNiro said:

This management is very conservative which can be a good thing but also quite frustrating at times.

Gotta be aggressive at some point if they wanna get this roster to the next level.

Yes. This team is in no position to overpay though. Just too tight to the cap. This is where that gap in drafting is killing us. Not enough entry level deals and trade chips are lacking. There was a time when with JB when the Canucks should of been stockpiling picks and talent for to be ready to run. Hardly any capital to sell and not enough cap to overpay. Heck with overpay, even just keep up.

Just now, Jaimito said:

I know. But the management won't start the season with the current roster. Lot of holes left to fill. If they can't make a deal today they have all summer to do their surgery, just like last summer. They have proven to be quite agile and have good pro scouting to get what they need. 

They have to have assets to trade to make that happen and they don’t have them. This is the issue.

4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

This management is very conservative which can be a good thing but also quite frustrating at times.

Gotta be aggressive at some point if they wanna get this roster to the next level.

They were pretty aggressive last year.

I wouldn't say conservative I would say extremely calculated 

• Like 1

Just now, Rekker said:

Yes. This team is in no position to overpay though. Just too tight to the cap. This is where that gap in drafting is killing us. Not enough entry level deals and trade chips are lacking. There was a time when with JB when the Canucks should of been stockpiling picks and talent for to be ready to run. Hardly any capital to sell and not enough cap to overpay. Heck with overpay, even just keep up.

I look at the deal Washington just made though and think why couldn’t we do that?

Those are the kind of deals they need to get ahead of and be aggressive.

Just now, Rekker said:

This one hurts the most. Really does. 

People can make up stuff around him leaving a good thing but I don’t see it. It’s an epic fail imo