[PGT] Holy Cow we did Things!! - Free Agency Thread - July 1st

Who stays, who goes?  

151 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following Canuck forwards will still be Canucks at the start of Pre-Season?

2. 2. Which of the following Canuck defencemen will still be Canucks at the start of Pre-Season?

3. 3. Which of the following Canuck goalies will still be Canucks at the start of Pre-Season?

• Thatcher Demko
    • Arturs Silovs (RFA)
    • Casey DeSmith (UFA)

20 minutes ago, Bure10Kuzmenko96 said:

lmfao weren't you the one who wanted these types of players? 

I wanted depth players, but a little higher quality.  

I didn't want the $9.5 million kind of player 

Edited by stawns

1 minute ago, Blitz-Pix said:

What we learned in Free Agency this year...

Don't let your Star Players (or even your mid level players) get to UFA.

JR/PA...if you plan on resigning (extending) Boeser please do it this offseason.

He's gonna get 8 years and $9-$10 million next offseason with the cap going up even more.

How is that a learning this year?

If I was a player and got to July 1 it is open season.

2 minutes ago, nergish said:

I mean, all three forwards we brought in are cable of 15+ goals. DeBrusk could be a 30-goal guy in the right situation...

Considering we held onto Bleuger, Joshua, and still have Suter under contract... this is some of the best forward depth we've ever had.

Was hoping for more of a gamebreaker, and we still need to address the defense. But I'm very interested to see how the forward group comes together.

Good perspective. It's not all doom and gloom. 

We need to keep working on D.

5 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

OUT

Lindholm

Zadorov

Mikheyev

Lafferty

Cole

DeSmith

IN

DeBrusk

Sherwood

Heinen

Smith

Forbort

Team isn't as good. I sure hope Allvin has something else cooking.

ya team isnt better with current signings, so only time will tell if we get better  or add more pieces ....kinda nervous if this is what we gonna ice, alvin did say he wanted to get better in the offseason thus far we lost 3 good players and only gained 1 (debrusk)

• Haha 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Gotta give up something to get something.

I suppose.....but I don't see how moving a million dollar player for a top 4 defender works out. Especially since it means that we lose some of the offense we were so desperately lacking....and not only that, offense that is an absolute bargain....

6 minutes ago, tas said:

you explain his value and then say teams wouldn't be interested?

the canucks don't need 24 goals for a million, they need 35 goals and have $7 million to play with. 

I'm not saying that at all. I'm saying it would be beyond stupid to give up that kind of offense at that price.

1 minute ago, Déjà Vu said:

ya team isnt better with current signings, so only time will tell if we get better  or add more pieces ....kinda nervous if this is what we gonna ice, alvin did say he wanted to get better in the offseason thus far we lost 3 good players and only gained 1 (debrusk)

Bottom 6 is  better.

Defence is worse.

Top end forwards worse.  

Nearly $4M in cap space remaining.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, nergish said:

I mean, all three forwards we brought in are cable of 15+ goals. DeBrusk could be a 30-goal guy in the right situation...

Considering we held onto Bleuger, Joshua, and still have Suter under contract... this is some of the best forward depth we've ever had.

Was hoping for more of a gamebreaker, and we still need to address the defense. But I'm very interested to see how the forward group comes together.

one is guaranteed (debrusk) others are gambles at bargain basement deals, but still doesnt change the fact what we lost and what we got today 😞

Just now, RupertKBD said:

I'm not saying that at all. I'm saying it would be beyond stupid to give up that kind of offense at that price.

I disagree. the canucks need top 6 help badly, and hoglander isn't good in the top 6. they need a legitimate top forward that can take heat off petey. 

1 minute ago, chris12345 said:

How is that a learning this year?

If I was a player and got to July 1 it is open season.

I was suggesting that if we're planning on keeping Boeser, start negoiating now.

If he's not sure about about extending then be prepared to trade him on or before the TDL.

9 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

OUT

Lindholm

Zadorov

Mikheyev

Lafferty

Cole

DeSmith

IN

DeBrusk

Sherwood

Heinen

Smith

Forbort

Team isn't as good. I sure hope Allvin has something else cooking.

How many of those players in the Out category were added during the season though? Surely makes more sense to compare how we started last year to how we started this year. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, BobbyClarke said:

I don’t know why people are so high on Lindholm. He was literally good in a handful of games for us last year. He was terrible last year in Calgary and not great the year before. We still have Miller/Petey/blugar down the middle. We needed a PF winger more than Lindholm. 

Agreed. He played well with Joshua and Garland but i wouldnt say he was light years better than Bluegar in that position. We had the best 3rd line in hockey when it was Bluegar centering Garland and Joshua. 

I have no problem with these forward moves. We're much better up front. Debrusk can score. Heinen can score. 

We'll have a terrific 4 line attack next year, and guys who can step up and fill in for injuries in a pinch. 

Our D on the other hand..

We badly need another puck mover on the right side. Myers shouldn't be expected to play 2nd pair minutes either. 

Just now, HKSR said:

Bottom 6 is  better.

Defence is worse.

Top end forwards worse.  

Nearly $4M in cap space remaining.

Agree 100% 😞 but think alvin just didnt have the cash to lure in a JG , with our taxes and stuff, made sense for him to sign in Tampa 😞 really shocked we didnt get tyler , he went to SJ, makes no sense