[PGT] Holy Cow we did Things!! - Free Agency Thread - July 1st

Who stays, who goes?  

153 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following Canuck forwards will still be Canucks at the start of Pre-Season?

2. 2. Which of the following Canuck defencemen will still be Canucks at the start of Pre-Season?

3. 3. Which of the following Canuck goalies will still be Canucks at the start of Pre-Season?

• Thatcher Demko
    • Arturs Silovs (RFA)
    • Casey DeSmith (UFA)

10 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

Really can't see anyone other than maybe Garland being traded. We would need to move someone with higher value to upgrade much further.

I love that we stayed young today. We didn't really grab much over 30.

Podkolzin and a 1st?

Still sounds like they wanna try to split up Hughes and Hronek.

With Hronek being paid as a top guy now it would help a lot if he could anchor his own pair.

Still think we’re looking at someone like Schultz to fill things out.

Hughes Schultz 

Soucy Hronek 

Forbort Myers

Desharnais

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rick_theRyper said:

Idk Debrusk has 138 goals and 128 assists I was showing my kids his highlights and he had lots of nice plays setting up goals and good hands. He could easily be a good set up/finisher guy with Petey. Watch his highlights half of them are set ups... 

Way better results than Hyman before he came to EDM. EDM has the best player in the world but even if Debrusk can hace 60% of the improvement had with high end centers like EP / Miller, he could be a 30 goal and 60 point player. Let's hope the bet on age and upside pays off.

• Cheers 1

20 minutes ago, steviewonder20 said:

We have one extra contract and are over the cap?

My guess is Poolman on LTIR. They still have 1.9 mill cap space left after LTIR. 

3 minutes ago, VforVasili said:

Alright everyone better stop offering Pods up in every trade proposal haha. 

Both because he is turning a corner this year and because I don’t want to have to change my username once again. 😉

WforWillander ?

3 minutes ago, Grandmaster said:

We made good moves but never got that big difference maker to play with Petey. That should have been priority # 1.

My grade to the Canucks is a C-

The fact that Allvin said they were very close to getting him probably means they should have traded for his rights.

I feel like they probably spent a lot of time on him and might have missed out on some better options because of it.

• Cheers 3

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

The fact that Allvin said they were very close to getting him probably means they should have traded for his rights.

I feel like they probably spent a lot of time on him and might have missed out on some better options because of it.

I disagree, if we traded for his rights and lost, we'd be in the same spot and with one less draft pick.

We don't enough picks to gamble like that.

I also don't think we should part with a 1st or 2nd rounder the next two years either.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Grandmaster said:

We made good moves but never got that big difference maker to play with Petey. That should have been priority # 1.

It was their top priority. However, they were forced to move on from their plan A. See my post just above yours. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Grandmaster said:

Compared to where we were at the start of last season, we're a deeper team. Losing Zadorov sucks, but would still give them C+ for addressing overall organizational depth and not just loading up with one really high priced free agent. They are never as free as you think.

Edited by VegasCanuck
  • Cheers 4

It never all works out, but I can see the logic behind every piece we added.  I’d say a solid B or even a B+ for management today.  Especially with the nice value deals for Joshua, Bleuger and Myers.

Would have been nice to add a real difference maker like Roy, Skjei or Stamkos.  

I also like the value of Edmonton’s bets in Arvidsson and Skinner. 

Otherwise we really did the best with what was available. 

• Cheers 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

All the players signed are 27 or 28 yrs old. In their prime

forbort is 32 right?

edit: heinen is 29 in 4 days. 

Edited by tas

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Good photoshop

Edit: nevermind...couldnt see Debrusk's name until i went to the twtter

Edited by bishopshodan

8 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

I think Canucks won July 1st.

They hit it out if the park. Big, huge Dmen. Lots of hustle and speed and sandpaper on forwards and offense on forwards. 

All the players signed are 27 or 28 yrs old. In their prime. 

Accomplished all this by not over paying for anyone. PLUS signed Joshua and Horonek and Blueger which are all huge signings for this team.  

This is a deep team heading into next season. They'll add something around Xmas and make a run next playoffs. 

Can't be happier as a Canucks fan. 

Carolina on the other end lost July 1st.

2 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Carolina on the other end lost July 1st.

Carolina still needs to re-sign Jarvis, Drury, and possibly Necas.  $10M in cap space.