[PGT] Holy Cow we did Things!! - Free Agency Thread - July 1st

Who stays, who goes?  

151 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following Canuck forwards will still be Canucks at the start of Pre-Season?

2. 2. Which of the following Canuck defencemen will still be Canucks at the start of Pre-Season?

3. 3. Which of the following Canuck goalies will still be Canucks at the start of Pre-Season?

• Thatcher Demko
    • Arturs Silovs (RFA)
    • Casey DeSmith (UFA)

29 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

Petey's Line

Big Fish

Guentzel

Stamkos

Reinhart

Tarasenko

Other Options

Teravainen

Arvidsson

Stephenson

Mantha

Bertuzzi

Drouin

Monahan

Toffoli

DeBrusk

Sprong

Duclair

Foegele

Do the Canucks get a Big Fish? 

The Question I have (at this point)....do the Canucks really need a big fish?

There's a lot of "other options" to choose from that could fill our needs on shorter contracts IMO.

The Big Fish are all gonna command big $$$ (which I get) but way to much term.

6 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Freidman says Toffoli is back on Nux radar 

Yuck, a slower less engaged Brock Boesser at this stage of his career. 
I would rather keep a few million cap and see what PA can do with it once season gets going than sign one of these lesser UFA top 6 wingers 

Edited by DrJockitch
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Canuck You said:

If playoffs has taught me anything it's that speed kills..That transition game is everything, Not sure Tofu brings that.

He doesn't...he's never been fast. He is smart and an efficient player though that gets to the scoring area's.  

If he was a speedy player he would be a "big fish" this off season. 

We had speed...but traded him to Chicago because he couldn't score. LOL

Edited by Blitz-Pix
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Not sure Canucks can wrangle Guentzel, Stamkos, Reinhart or Tarasenko. None seem to want to play in VAN, as far as anyone knows.

Weird, but I can kind of see a Marner for Stamkos switch. Leafs going all in by also bringing in Tanev and Zadorov. If this all happens for the Leafs, then I think they'll do some damage next playoffs. Let's hope not.

Guessing the Canucks sign cheaper options than handing one player $9. 

2 of the 4 for Petey's Line

Arvidsson

DeBrusk

Teravainen

Bertuzzi

12 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Luke Dusty is back! 

NHL free agency slated to open at noon ET on Monday.  Good thing I'm working in the evening tomorrow 

I was on the fence about renewing my SN streaming account, but this seals it. SN clearly doesn't give a flying f about what that dick said, or that he never apologized.

Oh well, someone pm'd me some free alternatives.

27 minutes ago, Blitz-Pix said:

The Question I have (at this point)....do the Canucks really need a big fish?

There's a lot of "other options" to choose from that could fill our needs on shorter contracts IMO.

The Big Fish are all gonna command big $$$ (which I get) but way to much term.

They need two medium fish. 

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1
  • ThereItIs 1

5 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

Not sure Canucks can wrangle Guentzel, Stamkos, Reinhart or Tarasenko. None seem to want to play in VAN, as far as anyone knows.

Weird, but I can kind of see a Marner for Stamkos switch. Leafs going all in by also bringing in Tanev and Zadorov. If this all happens for the Leafs, then I think they'll do some damage next playoffs. Let's hope not.

Guessing the Canucks sign cheaper options than handing one player $9. 

2 of the 4 for Petey's Line

Arvidsson

DeBrusk

Teravainen

Bertuzzi

Please keep that Bertuzzi twit the hell away from our team.

• ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

I was on the fence about renewing my SN streaming account, but this seals it. SN clearly doesn't give a flying f about what that dick said, or that he never apologized.

Oh well, someone pm'd me some free alternatives.

I messaged in a complaint on 2 occasions and they never even got back to me, so I canceled I feel like we need to boycott Sportsnet and all go to tnt platform for a season so they understand that we are in fact generating them a lot of revenue as well, onhockey.tv is a solid stream site as well for the games tnt doesn’t cover 

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

5 minutes ago, Captain insano said:

I messaged in a complaint on 2 occasions and they never even got back to me, so I canceled I feel like we need to boycott Sportsnet and all go to tnt platform for a season so they understand that we are in fact generating them a lot of revenue as well, onhockey.tv is a solid stream site as well for the games tnt doesn’t cover 

yeah its just crap already. I don't need sunshine up our butts, but to have a guy this openly hating on a team, and not even having to fake an apology?