[PGT] Holy Cow we did Things!! - Free Agency Thread - July 1st

Who stays, who goes?  

152 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following Canuck forwards will still be Canucks at the start of Pre-Season?

2. 2. Which of the following Canuck defencemen will still be Canucks at the start of Pre-Season?

3. 3. Which of the following Canuck goalies will still be Canucks at the start of Pre-Season?

• Thatcher Demko
    • Arturs Silovs (RFA)
    • Casey DeSmith (UFA)

55 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

Sign OEL again? 

I wouldn't say no to that, as long as his new contract combined with his old contract don't exceed what we would have been paying just for his old contract lol

1 minute ago, -dlc- said:

"Zadorov is likely too expensive".

Could be his demise if he's not careful.

A team that is willing to give Tanev 6 or 7 years thinks Zadorov is too expensive…

What is he asking for?

• Cheers 1

22 minutes ago, Goose said:

Unless Canucks get a ripping deal I say save some cap room and be patient for an impact scorer.

Dillon, Duhaime, Sherwood, Raddysh, Kylington are guys Id be interested in

I tend to agree.  We need to be patient.  Don’t have to do everything all at once.  With just the personnel we have now, we should make the playoffs.  I’m hoping I don’t hear the usual whining if we don’t land a big fish.  Other teams may get into cap trouble and we can use room to our advantage.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Goose said:

Unless Canucks get a ripping deal I say save some cap room and be patient for an impact scorer.

Dillon, Duhaime, Sherwood, Raddysh, Kylington are guys Id be interested in

Totally agree - spend the funds wisely to fill "multiple" positions if you can.  Team depth is so critical throughout the year for maintenance purposes and injury coverage.

In the end, its the best "team" that wins - i like them to get a rugged 4th liner, a dependable 2nd pairing D and a suitable winger  All need to fit into a 14M cap.  You spend 10M+ on someone, suddenly you have to sacrifice some other areas.

Lets see what happens in the next 24 hours.  Would it not be crazy if both Lindy and Big Z come back.

• Cheers 1

Just now, Devron said:

The balance of finding quality and spending wisely must be a very fine line 

I would say they need to dedicate 8 mil to the D. Something around like 4-5 and 3-4 mil. A left side and a right side D.

The leftover money needs to be given to a second line winger. Whoever you can get for 5 mil on a 3-4 year deal.

• Cheers 2

Just now, DeNiro said:

I would say they need to dedicate 8 mil to the D. Something around like 4-5 and 3-4 mil. A left side and a right side D.

The leftover money needs to be given to a second line winger. Whoever you can get for 5 mil on a 3-4 year deal.

I agree with that. Hopefully Hogz takes another step and Podz finally arrives 

Remember last summers signings?

Soucy, Cole, Blueger, Suter

Nothing but undervalued depth. But all of those guys made a huge difference for us.

The rest was filled through trades. DeSmith, Lafferty, Friedman, Zadorov.

Follow that same strategy. Get a couple D men who are undervalued and wait out the market for a couple bargain guys and trades.

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Remember last summers signings?

Soucy, Cole, Blueger, Suter

Nothing but undervalued depth. But all of those guys made a huge difference for us.

The rest was filled through trades. DeSmith, Lafferty, Friedman, Zadorov.

Follow that same strategy. Get a couple D men who are undervalued and wait out the market for a couple bargain guys and trades.

Undervalued signings, sure. Good depth, sure.

But the run came to an end because of a lack of offense.

They really need to address the offense and give Pettersson some linemates. Having three lines that are worth a damn will be a huge boost to this team's chances to make the 3rd round and beyond.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Petey O said:

Undervalued signings, sure. Good depth, sure.

But the run came to an end because of a lack of offense.

They really need to address the offense and give Pettersson some linemates. Having three lines that are worth a damn will be a huge boost to this team's chances to make the 3rd round and beyond.

Yep and you’re not gonna do that in free agency.

You burn through your cap and have no money left to address the D.

Explore the trade market to address the top 6. There may be guys available that you wouldn’t expect.