[PGT] Holy Cow we did Things!! - Free Agency Thread - July 1st

Who stays, who goes?  

152 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following Canuck forwards will still be Canucks at the start of Pre-Season?

2. 2. Which of the following Canuck defencemen will still be Canucks at the start of Pre-Season?

3. 3. Which of the following Canuck goalies will still be Canucks at the start of Pre-Season?

• Thatcher Demko
    • Arturs Silovs (RFA)
    • Casey DeSmith (UFA)

1 minute ago, canucks curse said:

Debrusk is not a top 6

He's as much top 6 as Evan Rodrigues is top 6 on a Stanley Cup champion Florida Panthers.  He elevates his game in the playoffs.  That's the important part.  His 40 to 50 regular season points would be enough to help the Canucks get into the playoffs.

Posted (edited)

We don't need blockbuster talent. 

We need to fill the roster nicely and there's still a lot of good pieces available that won't break the bank

Zadorov

Duheim 

Dillon

Teraveinen

Tarasenko

Pesce

Toffi

Martinez (1 year deal only) 

Bertuzzi

Duclair

Brodie 

Lindholm

There's literally so much out there

Edited by CanucksJay
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Devron said:

Quiet in Canuck land. Should be some surprises tomorrow 

I have a feeling it's been toffoli and Dillan for a while.  Maybe debrusk as well.  We need 2 wingers and a defenceman.  That's what we shall get

I’ll go with… a pair of kings. Arvidsson and Matt Roy. Management wants a winger for Petey and a right handed shot would be nice. 

Canucks sniffing around Tanev and Marino signals they’d love a defensively calibrated 2RD to push Myers and relieve Hronek. Who better than Roy? 

36 minutes ago, CanucksFan26 said:

I weirdly feel like Anthony Duclair and Matt Grzelcyk will be Canucks tomorrow. I have no basis for this. Just weird gut feelings

Try Tums  -  I find these always help

Posted (edited)

Just throwing this out there , but I wonder if  this management group is actually realizing how badly Bedard wants to be in Vancouver .

Why not be open minded about his departure from Chicago in RFA ..

if the shoe fits ?

( Celibrini too )

Edited by SilentSam

In the previous two summers the Canucks generally had one player name that was consistent in their interest and they stuck to it and they got the signing done on day 1. In 2022 it was Mikheyev, Last summer it was Soucy. Since the TDL it has been Toffoli and Guentzel. 

My guess is its Toffoli tomorrow that we hear is a Vancouver Canuck. When JR and Allvin want a player, they make sure they get their guy. Guentzel probably was plan A, but this management has shown they can pivot real quickly and have other plans if one goes out the window. I'm not too anxious about what they will do, their track record has shown they get their needs and wants done in a timely matter that its undone a lot fo the trauma from the previous regime for me. 

I'm excited what they have in store for us this next 2 months. 

• ThereItIs 1

23 minutes ago, Herberts Vasiljevs said:

I think Victor Olofsson would be a sneaky, smart pickup to be a wing partner for Petey. The best news: He's a goal-scorer!

He was on Buffalo's 4th line for a reason...

• Haha 1