[PGT] Holy Cow we did Things!! - Free Agency Thread - July 1st

Who stays, who goes?  

153 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following Canuck forwards will still be Canucks at the start of Pre-Season?

2. 2. Which of the following Canuck defencemen will still be Canucks at the start of Pre-Season?

3. 3. Which of the following Canuck goalies will still be Canucks at the start of Pre-Season?

• Thatcher Demko
    • Arturs Silovs (RFA)
    • Casey DeSmith (UFA)

Hopefully we dodged the tofu bullett 

DeBrusk really only winger that interests me and not that much other than he is a good fit for Tocch’s system and EP could use some physicality on his wing. 

• Cheers 1

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Eddie said:

While currently a bit dissapointed, as it always the case, as u hope to get a big fish on a good deal.  I'm not too broken up right now. The dollars and term being handed out are insane and going to age hella bad.

Happy we are holding on and hopefully we don't just dump it all into quantity over quality with the remaining crop... Hope the brain trust has a better strategy at play.

The disappointment for me is that Management parted with Zadorov in hopes to use that cap space for something. So far there isn't that something of value.

Edited by iinatcc
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, iinatcc said:

not only that. If Canucks just traded for Guentzel instead of Lindholm, Vancouver would probably had a better playoffs and be able to resign him.

I understand why they didn't want to at the TDL, the price was to high, but they should have been all over his singing rights at the draft

5 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

No teams are outbidding Vancouver. There's a difference. I don't blame PA for not giving Tanev 6 years.

I think PA prefers short term deals, probably we see those kind of deals while searching for top 6 winger

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, CanucksCountry said:

I understand why they didn't want to at the TDL, the price was to high, but they should have been all over his singing rights at the draft

agreed. It's a 3rd. Now if the Canucks need to get a play of that impact it's going to cost more than that. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, DrJockitch said:

Hopefully we dodged the tofu bullett 

DeBrusk really only winger that interests me and not that much other than he is a good fit for Tocch’s system and EP could use some physicality on his wing. 

Yeah I feel like Debrusk has a chance to improve a lot too if he gets a chance with Petey. The more I think about it the more it makes sense

Just now, Outsiders said:

Don't want Debrusk. Concussion issues in past. isn't physical and is inconstant as shit

His game has evolved.  He had over 100 hits this year.  He's consistently at worst a 40pt winger, and he plays well in the playoffs.  All good things.

• Thanks 1

I would've been ok spending big on Guentzel because he's arguably a top 10 wing in the NHL and on Reimhart 

But anyone else we gotta be smart. No need to throw silly money around that will handicap the team in the future

Cpa space is valuable .. let these teams get capped our and if we have cap space into the season that's great... might be able to pick up another Zadorov in-season

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Mikeyman109 said:

nobody left that moves the needle for us. wasnt much out there after Guentzel anyways. Created Cap space. not much else to be excited about this FA class

Chandler 

I like him 

especially on a line with miller 

thrn trade podz + 2026 1st tor Necas 

Just heard Bob Mckenzie say that Matt Roy is strongly linked to the Washington capitals

If so the caps will have a big surplus of D

Any interest there for us?

2 minutes ago, HKSR said:

His game has evolved.  He had over 100 hits this year.  He's consistently at worst a 40pt winger, and he plays well in the playoffs.  All good things.

petey had 125 ...

• Haha 1

Just now, tas said:

petey had 125 ...

So? Doesn't make Debrusk any lesser of a player.  Petey had more hits than Myers... so does that make Myers a wuss too?

1 minute ago, Jaimito said:

I'm expecting to be disappointed but at keast I have confidence the management isn't reckless. 

Yeah if prices are too high, save the cap and poach guys that shake loose when teams are over the cap and fighting for cap space.

• Like 1