[PGT] Holy Cow we did Things!! - Free Agency Thread - July 1st

Who stays, who goes?  

153 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following Canuck forwards will still be Canucks at the start of Pre-Season?

2. 2. Which of the following Canuck defencemen will still be Canucks at the start of Pre-Season?

3. 3. Which of the following Canuck goalies will still be Canucks at the start of Pre-Season?

• Thatcher Demko
    • Arturs Silovs (RFA)
    • Casey DeSmith (UFA)

Just now, Rekker said:

Yes. This team is in no position to overpay though. Just too tight to the cap. This is where that gap in drafting is killing us. Not enough entry level deals and trade chips are lacking. There was a time when with JB when the Canucks should of been stockpiling picks and talent for to be ready to run. Hardly any capital to sell and not enough cap to overpay. Heck with overpay, even just keep up.

Dude we are not tight to the cap. At this point we will have plenty of cap space left going into the season. 

Cap ain't an excuse this time. 

4 minutes ago, CanucksFan26 said:

I mean, did you really want us to overpay a bunch of average players for the next 6 years? 

Not at all. See previous post. We are a tight cap team and couldn't overpay even if wanted to. Going to have to get creative around the edges.

Just now, CanucksFan26 said:

We have a really quality top 4 defense in Hughes, Hronek, Myers, and Soucy… not really sure what more you want…

Well I am in the minority but don't like Myers at 4.

Who is 5 and 6?

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, D.B Cooper said:

Well at least we have lots of great assets we can trade to get the players we really want……

wait 

we don’t?

2 top 4 dmen and a winger for Petey.  
How the fuck do we get those?  Hahah

Canucks lost a 2027 2nd for Mikheyev now watch him score 40 goals in Chicago lol 😂 

Edited by iinatcc

Just now, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

We don’t have the assets for trades. Is anyone else not seeing this.

Yeah they are coping. We will be trading Lekki and Willander soon at this point. 

2 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

I know. But the management won't start the season with the current roster. Lot of holes left to fill. If they can't make a deal today they have all summer to do their surgery, just like last summer. They have proven to be quite agile and have good pro scouting to get what they need. 

No, but you have to admit, after all their talk about what they needed, it looks like they've missed a lot of chances.  They obviously weren't a destination for many, if any players.

1 minute ago, 24K said:

Dude we are not tight to the cap. At this point we will have plenty of cap space left going into the season. 

Cap ain't an excuse this time. 

It is if we start overpaying at positions. Some of the monies getting thrown today doesn't work for us moving forward. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jaimito said:

What did nux do last yr on FA day? 

I don't remember. Anyone? 

Round 1, 11th : Tom Willander, RD, 6’1”, 185. Played for Rogle in Swedish J20. 4-21-25 22PIM +7

Round 3, 75th : Hunter Brzustewicz, RD, 6’0”, 190. Played for Kitchener OHL. 6-51-57 12PIM +8

Round 3, 89th : Sawyer Mynio, LD, 6’1”, 173. Played for Seattle, WHL. 2-26-31 40PIM +50

Round 4, 105 : Ty Mueller, LC, 5’11”, 195. Played for U.Nebraska-Omaha, NCAA. 12-13-25 4PIM +9

Round 4, 107 : Vilmer Alriksson, LW 6’6”, 214. Played for Djurgardens J20.12-9-21 22PIM

Round 4, 119 : Matthew Perkins, LC, 5’11”, 156. Played for Youngstown, USHL. 15-29-44, 77PIM

Round 6, 171 : Aiden Celebrini, RD, 6’1”, 187. Played for Brooks, AJHL. 5-16-21 82PIM

jesus christ do something, we lose elias who was GREAT in the playoffs, and we lose Big Z again was amazing...who we getting to replace those 2? is our GM asleep? letting all these good FA get signed elsewere ..or we being to cheap ..thought the GM wanted to make van better thus far all these big signings are going elsewere

1 minute ago, Breadnbutta said:

They were pretty aggressive last year.

I wouldn't say conservative I would say extremely calculated 

They got ahead of deals for sure but I’m not sure they’ve made many big swings.

A winger for Petey was the number 1 priority and I’m not sure how to eyes gonna accomplish that now.

1 minute ago, chris12345 said:

Well I am in the minority but don't like Myers at 4.

Who is 5 and 6?

Juulsen is a solid bottom pair guy. I imagine we will find a cheap left side guy. We will be fine. Myers killed it last year and eats minutes. Don’t understand the hate. 

1 minute ago, Outsiders said:

The longer Debrusk stays out there the more I get scared

Hopefully it’s a 1 year deal for debrusk pump his value for another team with our coaching staff system and opportunity to play on our pp