[PGT] Holy Cow we did Things!! - Free Agency Thread - July 1st

Who stays, who goes?  

152 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following Canuck forwards will still be Canucks at the start of Pre-Season?

2. 2. Which of the following Canuck defencemen will still be Canucks at the start of Pre-Season?

3. 3. Which of the following Canuck goalies will still be Canucks at the start of Pre-Season?

• Thatcher Demko
    • Arturs Silovs (RFA)
    • Casey DeSmith (UFA)

Just now, RupertKBD said:

Hmmm.....we were told that we also offered 5 million.....so it came down to term?

I would have have happily paid this and I think the Canucks will regret not doing so....

We don’t know that number or numbers were true here ..  Milstein will let us know though .

3 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Maybe Management was stuck on a plane or something?

Looking like they misplayed all their hands this offseason.

This is what happens when you get hung up on one free agent.

Waiting on Guentzel while plan B, C, D, and E go elsewhere.

There were moves to be made here that didn’t involve stupid money but management was asleep at the wheel.

Edited by DeNiro
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

Damn, Oilers got Arvidsson

Disappointment so far by management. So many holes. Forbert is old. We have def got worse today. I agree not spending crazy money but not having assets to trade to fill holes is concerning.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

Just now, SilentSam said:

Maybe Management was stuck on a plane or something?

So you wanted management to be going full Benning today ? It's fun to have something to chew on on July 1. I get it. But to be stuck with shitty deals for 6-7 years just to enjoy July 1 doesn't sound like a good idea to me 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Déjà Vu said:

he turned down 5mill with canucks, what a rat

Kind of interesting that PA said he wouldn't overpay but he offered $5M/yr x 5.  Would one more year mean overpaying?  This stinks, especially after giving up assets for Lindholm, Zadorov and trading Mik.  I can only hope that they have a plan to use the cap space to get good assets and picks back from the teams tight with cap space.

• Thanks 1