[PGT] Holy Cow we did Things!! - Free Agency Thread - July 1st

Who stays, who goes?  

152 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following Canuck forwards will still be Canucks at the start of Pre-Season?

2. 2. Which of the following Canuck defencemen will still be Canucks at the start of Pre-Season?

3. 3. Which of the following Canuck goalies will still be Canucks at the start of Pre-Season?

• Thatcher Demko
    • Arturs Silovs (RFA)
    • Casey DeSmith (UFA)

I like DeBrusk and it kind of sucks losing out on the bigger named but...

Podkolzin/xxxx - Pettersson - DeBrusk

Höglander - Miller - Boeser

Joshua - Bluegar - Garland

Sherwood - Suter - Heinen

Åman

Certainly better than last year. Curious to see how we spend our last $5 million. 

Edited by Pears
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, DrJockitch said:

We needed a winger that could skate, get in on the forecheck and dig out the puck for Pettey. Was there a better UFA to fit this role than De Brusk?

Seriously who would fill this role better. 
Litttle guys like Terravainen and Arvidson, slow disengaged Tofu?  Guentzel was off the board and was fantasy anyway. 

DeBrusk gives us more options and versatility in the top six. Good signing.

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, BTueyCanucksFan said:

Who's left for the top 4 spot on D?

If we want to stay under 30 years old, very little....otherwise, there a re a few possibilities....

If we want size, Edmundsen, Hakanpaa......if we want a bit more skill, maybe Ghost or Roy....

The pickins' are getting slim....

You have to allow yourself to breathe a little before reacting to signings on July 1. I dropped my phone and just clenched when I saw the 7 year on the DeBrusk deal but I've calmed down a little. Hopefully it works out for us.

Sherwood and Heinen feel like sneaky good deals, Heinen in particular. In the right spot he can end up out producing that contract. I'm intrigued by the idea of him centering Joshua and Garland. Some super sneaky goodness there. 

1 minute ago, Petey O said:

And keep Pettersson on an island again?

Tbh I'd be looking into packaging Hoglander and a couple other assets for a top 6 winger for EP right now.

yeah, I think hoglander and/or podkolzin gotta go if they can bring an immediate upgrade. something around necas, something around vatrano, I dunno. 

every time hoglander plays with pettersson I feel like they end up like two kids in class that you have to separate because they don't pay attention. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Petey O said:

And keep Pettersson on an island again?

Tbh I'd be looking into packaging Hoglander and a couple other assets for a top 6 winger for EP right now.

I never said that. I'd like to see us get another winger for Petey but DeBrusk definitely gives us versatility much needed in the top six. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Pears said:

I like DeBrusk and it kind of sucks losing out on the bigger named but...

xxxx - Pettersson - DeBrusk

Höglander - Miller - Boeser

Joshua - Bluegar - Garland

Sherwood - Åman - Heinen

Certainly better than last year. Curious to see how we spend our last $5 million. 

Podkolzin and a 1st traded for ??