[PGT] Holy Cow we did Things!! - Free Agency Thread - July 1st

Who stays, who goes?  

152 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following Canuck forwards will still be Canucks at the start of Pre-Season?

2. 2. Which of the following Canuck defencemen will still be Canucks at the start of Pre-Season?

3. 3. Which of the following Canuck goalies will still be Canucks at the start of Pre-Season?

• Thatcher Demko
    • Arturs Silovs (RFA)
    • Casey DeSmith (UFA)

4 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

I honestly feel like we couldn't offer him what the unknown held for him.

He wanted to find out and I'm not sure we could've kept him because he'd made the decision to test the market. Lindholm too.

Sure but he said he wanted to stay in Vancouver, so you'd think there would have been open discussions right into free agency.  It had to be other issues involved for PA to have closed the doors before this morning.

5 minutes ago, Pears said:

I like DeBrusk and it kind of sucks losing out on the bigger named but...

xxxx - Pettersson - DeBrusk

Höglander - Miller - Boeser

Joshua - Bluegar - Garland

Sherwood - Åman - Heinen

Certainly better than last year. Curious to see how we spend our last $5 million. 

hoglander stays with petterson. De guiseppe on Miller's wing, potential rotate with one of the new guys depending on performance. 

We need to get better on defense. It is currently shit. Not as bad as Travis Green shit, but shittier than last year for sure

5 minutes ago, NHL97OneTimer said:

Sure but he said he wanted to stay in Vancouver, so you'd think there would have been open discussions right into free agency.  It had to be other issues involved for PA to have closed the doors before this morning.

He said a few things...one of which hinted at him not chasing the money. He wanted to chase the money.

If he really wanted to stay he would've accepted the offer here that wasn't too far under what he ended getting in the end from what I understand. 

I think the allure of a possible bidding war appealed to him. Ten teams interested stuff.

I'm starting to be okay with today's results. The Zadorov loss still stings, but perhaps, based on his entire career and not just the playoff sampling where he was playing for a contract, we might be okay without him. I wouldn't have wanted to give Lindholm what he received, so no loss there. 

Management has made smart investments so far, so hopefully today's newcomers will fit in well. It's good to see a couple of Canadians join the club, and some guys with good playoff pedigrees.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Podkolzin++ for another good winger for Petey and we've got tons of depth up front.

I could actually see Tocc experiment with lines a bit..I would be down to see What Joshua looks like with Petey.

Dakota has some hands, speed, size and plays physical. IMO exactly what Petey needs on his line. 

You could always move one of Heinen or Sherwood to the 3rd line. 

Just now, -dlc- said:

I honestly feel like we couldn't offer him what the unknown held for him.

He wanted to find out and I'm not sure we could've kept him because he'd made the decision to test the market.

personally I think management shot for the moon in the Guentzel sweepstakes and played hardball with Zadorov.

I really don’t think we came close to offering Zadorov that term or 5m .

( all speculation of course)

5 is , and 6 years for Z would have been perfect.

Add Debrusk ,    Pass on Myers , sign Forbert ,  hold capspace for that bottom paring .

nothing wrong with starting

Hughes Zadorov 

Soucy. Horoneck

Forbert Juulsen 

Just my thoughts .

Zadorov IS the TYPE of player that is hard to find ,   You only realize it when you try to replace them ,

there is money an VALUE in that type of game, even if he’s not a 40pt D man.

Boston knows THAT value all too well.

They had yet to replace that TYPE of player,

until now .