[PGT] Holy Cow we did Things!! - Free Agency Thread - July 1st

Who stays, who goes?  

152 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following Canuck forwards will still be Canucks at the start of Pre-Season?

2. 2. Which of the following Canuck defencemen will still be Canucks at the start of Pre-Season?

3. 3. Which of the following Canuck goalies will still be Canucks at the start of Pre-Season?

• Thatcher Demko
    • Arturs Silovs (RFA)
    • Casey DeSmith (UFA)

5 minutes ago, Hammertime said:

So we have 3.79m left for a D?

Yikes. 

I thought Alvin wanted to play a bunch of our fwd prospects this year. 

Tough I'm happy with the Heinen and Sherwood signings. Our D has a massive hole again. One they just fixed. 

… and that right there is probably what they offered Zadorov ( aprx 4m)

• Cheers 1

22 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

He said a few things...one of which hinted at him not chasing the money. He wanted to chase the money.

If he really wanted to stay he would've accepted the offer here that wasn't too far under what he ended getting in the end from what I understand. 

I think the allure of a possible bidding war appealed to him. Ten teams interested stuff.

Would Zad played 2LD for the Canucks? Would a healthy Soucy bump him down? In Boston he likely has a better chance. IMHO PA is probably still looking for a 

2RD. That would drop Meyers down to 3RD. 

I liked Debrusk's game in Boston but admitably didn't see him play much. I had to laugh as I wonder if Louis leans on the yappy colour guy in Edmonton to cool his anti Canuck BS. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Pears said:

If Myers continues his positive play then yes. But we still started 12-3-1/15-8-1 with those two as the second pair. 

We did.....we also started that way without the scoring winger for Petey that everyone said we so desperately needed....so I guess these things evolve over the course of a season.

Personally, I don't see a needle mover left on the board, so I'm okay with rolling with what we have....at least until the TDL.

1 minute ago, Integra250 said:

So we essentially swapped Zadorov and Lindholm for Debrusk, Heinen, and Forbort.

They're definitely a better team on paper than they were when they started last season.

Are they a better team on paper than post deadline of last season? That's the question.

I think it all depends on Debrusk.

2 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Would Zad played 2LD for the Canucks? Would a healthy Soucy bump him down? In Boston he likely has a better chance. IMHO PA is probably still looking for a 

2RD. That would drop Meyers down to 3RD. 

I liked Debrusk's game in Boston but admitably didn't see him play much. I had to laugh as I wonder if Louis leans on the yappy colour guy in Edmonton to cool his anti Canuck BS. 

We have less than 4 million left....who is still on the board that fits those criteria?

1 minute ago, RupertKBD said:

We did.....we also started that way without the scoring winger for Petey that everyone said we so desperately needed....so I guess these things evolve over the course of a season.

Personally, I don't see a needle mover left on the board, so I'm okay with rolling with what we have....at least until the TDL.

DeBrusk should be good for around 20-25 goals. That's a lot better than anything Petey has had recently when the lotto line isn't together. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Grading today as a B for PA and JR

positives:

-Signing players that fit Tocchet's style of play

-De Brusk is a top 6 winger

-Adding some much needed Canadian juice into the lineup

negatives:

-fucked up on Zadorov

-our defense still has gapping holes

-didn't get a back up goalie

Based what PA was able to do last season, I'm sure he can acquire the pieces we need before the start of the season, if not then throughout the season and tweek along the way.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Jester13 said:

If my eyes aren't failing me, we added size, speed, grit, scoring, forechecking, pking, two Canadians and two Americans, amd we still have 5.5 million in cap space?

Down to around $4 million after Forbort but yeah those were things people were screaming for and I still see complaints lol. 

• Cheers 1