[PGT] Holy Cow we did Things!! - Free Agency Thread - July 1st

Who stays, who goes?  

152 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following Canuck forwards will still be Canucks at the start of Pre-Season?

2. 2. Which of the following Canuck defencemen will still be Canucks at the start of Pre-Season?

3. 3. Which of the following Canuck goalies will still be Canucks at the start of Pre-Season?

• Thatcher Demko
    • Arturs Silovs (RFA)
    • Casey DeSmith (UFA)

Just now, Petey O said:

By all accounts, Marchand is a fantastic teammate and players love playing with him. He's only really a guy you hate when he's not on your team.

This, big Z will flourish in boston, same with elias ...they got alot better today. from what i read and heard jake was a cry baby alot, and was very inconsistent, and now we have him, if rick cant fix him, no one can lol

• Cheers 1

Just now, Déjà Vu said:

This, big Z will flourish in boston, same with elias ...they got alot better today. from what i read and heard jake was a cry baby alot, and was very inconsistent, and now we have him, if rick cant fix him, no one can lol

Read and heard where?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Exactly. These aren't bad signings at all. Should be more consistent and reliable.

We need to sure up our D.

We've added sandpaper throughout the forward group.  It'll be good come playoff time.  

Like you said, our D needs one more strong addition. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

24 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

Here's what I've learned.

Wow factor only takes you so far. Oilers have wow factor in the best player in the world....yet.....

It's all about work ethic, buy in/structure/coaching, chemistry, overall team health and yes....skill and physicality. Key players can't just get it done on their own so it's about balance and we've seen (Petey) how top paid players can struggle and it's no guarantee. So the best plan is make a well rounded team as much as $$ permits.

We seem to want a big splash yet players will have peaks and valleys...it's about hitting it at the right time. Luck's involved in that too.

I've learned that all the eggs in one (or two) baskets isn't necessarily the key to success. 

Players that want to be here and have faith in this team and what they're doing. JT Miller types.

Yeah but always expecting guys to over perform gets you a lottery ticket.

The center depth is awful as is our D 

we added more middle wingers and a d that played 35 games last season

there’s big splash, and splash

we made ripples. 

Just now, -dlc- said:

Inconsistent and "crying" are two different things.

Many players are inconsistent.

well he seemed to cry alot in boston, so shrug...and yes he is very inconsistent, but i know alvin lost the palyers he wanted, so he as the bext best thing, only time will tell if the rumors are true and how well he works with rick

2 minutes ago, kilgore said:

The number 1 signing I wanted was big Z. $&”@¥%#$&!

And he’s now a Bruin?  &$#%£¥$&@&$&@%+*%€?!!

What he brings (or brought) was intangible. That is a player who will always play above his pay grade, in the playoffs, where it counts. He’s worth even more than 5 mill . A special kind of player. I’d take him over Soucy . Boston wins again. &$@%#. My opinion of Allvin took a hit. 

i just had to vent there. Carry on

Could've been worse.... the Leafs could've signed Z along with Tanev

• Vintage 1