[PGT] Holy Cow we did Things!! - Free Agency Thread - July 1st

Who stays, who goes?  

152 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following Canuck forwards will still be Canucks at the start of Pre-Season?

2. 2. Which of the following Canuck defencemen will still be Canucks at the start of Pre-Season?

3. 3. Which of the following Canuck goalies will still be Canucks at the start of Pre-Season?

• Thatcher Demko
    • Arturs Silovs (RFA)
    • Casey DeSmith (UFA)

Mentioned this in another thread

The oilers are trying to dump evander Kane to get some cap room..........hes still a solid top 6, plays a Tocchet style and only has two years left at $5.25m.

Obviously he's not well liked on here, but he checks off a lot of boxes, he seems to put the off ice stuff behind him and he probably comes with a sweetener........maybe Raphael lavoie?  I doubt it'd take much to get him as he has a full nmc

It's out of the box, but for once the Canucks could use cap space to their advantage.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • chaos 1

5 minutes ago, stawns said:

The oilers are trying to dump evander Kane to get some cap room..........hes still a solid top 6, plays a Tocchet style and only has two years left at $5.25m.

Obviously he's not well liked on here, but he checks off a lot of boxes, he seems to put the off ice stuff behind him and he probably comes with a sweetener........maybe Raphael lavoie?  I doubt it'd take much to get him as he has a full nmc

It's out of the box, but for once the Canucks could use cap space to their advantage.

We want good character guys not locker room cancers

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Wiener 1

Just now, Bure10Kuzmenko96 said:

200.gif

But that's a fuck no

Do we want size and snarl in the fwd group? 

What if they could get Lavoie in the deal?  He's 23, 6'4 centreman and just came off a solid year in Bakersfield and is probably ready for the NHL.

Miller

Petey

Blueger

Lavoie

27 minutes ago, stawns said:

Do we want size and snarl in the fwd group? 

What if they could get Lavoie in the deal?  He's 23, 6'4 centreman and just came off a solid year in Bakersfield and is probably ready for the NHL.

Miller

Petey

Blueger

Lavoie

Fuck no

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, stawns said:

If they attached their 2025 1st round pick as a sweetener, I'd think about it.  I then would flip that pick plus Hoglander and Suter to St. Louis for Pavel Buchnevich...

Kane               Miller             Boeser

Buchnevich    Pettersson    Lekkerimaki

Joshua           Blueger          Garland

Duhaime        Stenlund         Karlsson

Aman

Hughes      Hronek

Soucy         Myers

Dillon          Juulsen

Kulikov        Freidman

Demko     Silovs

Cap works.  This team could be nasty to play against in the playoffs...

Edited by Elias Pettersson

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

If they attached their 2025 1st round pick as a sweetener, I'd think about it.  I then would flip that pick plus Hoglander and Suter to St. Louis for Pavel Buchnevich...

Kane               Miller             Boeser

Buchnevich    Pettersson    Lekkerimaki

Joshua           Blueger          Garland

Duhaime        Stenlund         Karlsson

Aman

Hughes      Hronek

Soucy         Myers

Dillon          Juulsen

Kulikov        Freidman

Demko     Silovs

Cap works.  This team could be nasty to play against in the playoffs...

That's another way to look at it alright.  They really don't have the assets to make a deal otherwise........but they have cap space at the moment and have a chance to use that.

That said, I don't Lek is anywhere near ready for the NHL

4 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

for "certain posters" that think rick tocchet doesn't have much input on personnel and merely is required to "coach the players he's given", they should listen closely to this. 

1 hour ago, Bure10Kuzmenko96 said:

FUCK NO!!!

Why not? He hasn’t had any issues in Edmonton. He plays a solid two way game, hits and can score. He would be the perfect linemate for Boeser and Miller in my opinion. Tyler Toffoli  and Evander Kane if we miss out on Guentzel and go hard after Tanev 

Hoglander Petterson Toffoli

Kane Miller Boeser

Joshua Blueger Garland 

Podkolzin Suter Karlsson 

Hughes Tanev 

????  Hronek 

Soucy Myers 

Demko

Silovs 

• Vintage 1

8 minutes ago, tas said:

for "certain posters" that think rick tocchet doesn't have much input on personnel and merely is required to "coach the players he's given", they should listen closely to this. 

yep. I would attribute some of Tocchet’s input as to why Zadorov isn’t here any more.

13 minutes ago, Mc1laren said:

Why not? He hasn’t had any issues in Edmonton. He plays a solid two way game, hits and can score. He would be the perfect linemate for Boeser and Miller in my opinion. Tyler Toffoli  and Evander Kane if we miss out on Guentzel and go hard after Tanev 

Hoglander Petterson Toffoli

Kane Miller Boeser

Joshua Blueger Garland 

Podkolzin Suter Karlsson 

Hughes Tanev 

????  Hronek 

Soucy Myers 

Demko

Silovs 

Fuck no

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

I can't forget when Zadorov took Kane over the boards into his own bench, then seeing Kane deliberately try to kick back his skate blade towards Zadorov's head. That was so dangerous and dirty. I'm sure there's still bad blood about that series for the Canucks. Don't need that scum in the room. No to Kane. 

1 minute ago, Nucker67 said:

I can't forget when Zadorov took Kane over the boards into his own bench, then seeing Kane deliberately try to kick back his skate blade towards Zadorov's head. That was so dangerous and dirty. I'm sure there's still bad blood about that series for the Canucks. Don't need that scum in the room. No to Kane. 

He did not