[PGT] Holy Cow we did Things!! - Free Agency Thread - July 1st

Who stays, who goes?  

152 members have voted

1. 1. Which of the following Canuck forwards will still be Canucks at the start of Pre-Season?

2. 2. Which of the following Canuck defencemen will still be Canucks at the start of Pre-Season?

3. 3. Which of the following Canuck goalies will still be Canucks at the start of Pre-Season?

• Thatcher Demko
    • Arturs Silovs (RFA)
    • Casey DeSmith (UFA)

2 minutes ago, Jim Tim said:

Still lacking a top 4 D... how do we feel about trading for Ekblad w/ salary retained? 1 year left on his contract, could always flip him later on. There's also Carrier who looks to have 2nd pairing 2-way upside.

Ekblad has a lot of wear and tear and mileage on him. 50% retained would be what it would take, and I don't see Florida doing that.

7 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

so Juulsen replaces zadorov? You know soucy was the least deployed defenseman in tight games or tied games last season right not including ur 2 offensive guy Hughes and hronek? Now he’s going to be the #1 or 2 guy in those situation 

We didn’t start the year with Zadorov.

I’m also not sure where you’re going with that obscure stat. Forbort is a defensive defenceman with PK utility - holding down a lead should be something he can help with. 

Im sure Cole was up there for us, but he declined as the year went on.  Why can’t Soucy or Myers do that, either? 

Edited by The Duke

2 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Ekblad has a lot of wear and tear and mileage on him. 50% retained would be what it would take, and I don't see Florida doing that.

For sure, I wouldn't be comfortable signing him long term but if we could retain on him and fit him under the salary cap, might be a good win-now type of move?

2 minutes ago, The Duke said:

We didn’t start the year with Zadorov.

I’m also not sure where you’re going with that obscure stat. Forbort is a defensive defenceman with PK utility - holding down a lead should be something he can help with. 

Im sure Cole was up there for us, but he declined as the year went on.  Why can’t Soucy or Myers do that, either? 

Did Dillon sign anywhere yet?

2 hours ago, Chon derry said:

I think most of us agree that losing Big Z is a HUGE loss. You just don't find players that bring what he does. And having him on our side made us that much more difficult to play against. And Boston!???!!! No.

With that, I think the ball was in his court and he'd decided to take it to free agency and wasn't going to accept an offer here based on that. I don't know that if we'd gone to $5.5 he would've bit...he wanted to "see" for himself. Especially knowing multiple teams were interested and that could drive up his price.

He chased the money and we can't blame him for that. Except hopefully he'll regret his decision.

• Cheers 4

3 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

I think most of us agree that losing Big Z is a HUGE loss. You just don't find players that bring what he does. And having him on our side made us that much more difficult to play against. And Boston!???!!! No.

With that, I think the ball was in his court and he'd decided to take it to free agency and wasn't going to accept an offer here based on that. I don't know that if we'd gone to $5.5 he would've bit...he wanted to "see" for himself. Especially knowing multiple teams were interested and that could drive up his price.

He chased the money and we can't blame him for that. Except hopefully he'll regret his decision.

I posted this on the Zads thread. But it bears repeating.

unnamed.jpg

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, -dlc- said:

We don't know for sure, but my guess is that he chased term, rather than money. PA likely made the 5 million offer as was reported, but likely weren't going to go 6 years....

• Cheers 1