2024 GFL Entry Draft

2024 GFL ENTRY DRAFT

Lets kick things off by congratulating the East & West champs on taking down their respective conferences while they continue battling it out for the very first GFL cup!!! .. @Relyt Krets & @Lethunder congrats on your great seasons. May the best team win!

You can find the draft board on our new team sheets (6th tab). Draft will take place between June 24th & June 28th. Teams can begin making their selections if they're on the clock before then, but are not required to do so. You can see your time slot for each pick on the entry draft spreadsheet.

SPREADSHEET

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1g_4p-nG7wWURf1elV9byKVSbNwSk492KaJRX3ozzjRs/edit?gid=659795248#gid=659795248

NOTICE

Please do not wait to be tagged to make your pick.. If it's your time to pick just let the other GM(s) know they've been skipped and make your selection. Unless I state otherwise before you're OTC you're OTC in your designated time period shown on the draft sheet.

If you miss your pick, or draft a player that was already selected you will be skipped. If skipped, you can declare "ready to pick". If you deem yourself ready to pick you will need to wait until the current GM on the clock makes their selection, at which point you will be put on the clock for 3 minutes. If you miss that make up pick you wont be able to make up your selection until the end of the round and you will be given a penalty level of 1. If this happens prior to the official June 24th start date the "ready to pick" GM will be given 12 hours (instead of 3 minutes) to make up pick after tag.

To be eligible for the entry draft, players must be 18 years old by Sept. 15 and under 20 years old by Dec. 31 in the draft year. Prospects will re-enter the draft OR become UFAs in 2 years if not signed to an ELC.

Vacant teams will make their selections based off of the BPA according to the FL draft. This is to help prevent these teams from thinning out, and to try and keep them attractive for potential new GMs. Also any team with a GM that has picks skipped for consecutive days will be switched to auto pick from that point on (after 1st picks time slot expires on 2nd day) an will select from the same list as the vacant ones. After pick is skipped they will be deemed "ready to pick" and will take BPA available after next man up made their selection. Their make up picks from day prior will be made same way, except at the end of the current round.

I hope I covered everything lol. Lets kick this thing off!!!

VACANT TEAMS

CHI

MTL

PIT

SEA

TBL

UPDATED RULE REGARDING TRADES

I will try to be as hands on as possible and up to date with trades, draft board, etc.. But with it being a 5 day draft there are likely going to be spurts where I fall behind a bit. 

In regards to trades... I will allow for GMs to make trades and announce them in the draft thread. This is only allowed to happen if the trade involves a pick that's supposed to take place that day!

Now the trade needs to be posted and agreed to. To agree to the trade you either have to post the trade details with the statement "I accept" (or similar statement), OR you must quote the trade details as the 2nd GM and agree to the trade details.

IF A TRADE HAPPENS TO BE INVALID FOR WHATEVER REASON, THE TRADE WILL NOT GET PROCESSED AND YOU WILL BE STUCK WITH PROSPECT THE OTHER GM CHOSEN. MAKE SURE TO DOUBLE CHECK CLAUSES, CAP, ETC!!!!

As for keeping the draft board up to date, if your hanging around the draft board feel free to update others with the information not currently up to date!

@MeanSeanBean You're on the clock.

Edited by Gator
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

The Minnesota Wild would first like to celebrate the massive success of our PHWL sisters in Minnesota. Moving forward we are going to do our best live up the the hefty expectations set by you ladies. Congratulations 

CREDIT-PWHL-MIN-BOS-MAY29-24_021-1068x712.thumb.jpg.1efda301ec01da4ef9d42261ee5a5899.jpg

Secondly, the Minnesota Wild would like to recognize the amazing career of Phil Kessel. Even though we signed him early in the season, we were on the edge of our seats all season to see if he would play a game for us. Even though he never technically played a game for Minnesota, we would still like to give him credit for being the greatest player to ever grace the Minnesota Wild jersey. 

6b6e7bf0992f9f5811b5e4f4fbad7794.webp.jpg.3709960f720ce0cebde93a5a9785f118.jpg

We would also like to thank @Gator and @Relyt Krets(mostly Relyt) for all their hard work over the last year.

With the first overall selection in the 2024 draft, the Minnesota Wild are thrilled to select...

Macklin "Don't Call Me Tij" Celebrini 

w1080xh810_GettyImages-1981169956.thumb.jpg.c9e21806506a92624deeb7e7438b1b47.jpg

@Rush

You're up bud, nice trade moving up in the draft!

• Like 2

Detroit Red Wings | Detroit MI

2nd overall selection...

The Detroit Red Wings are proud to select from Michigan State defenseman Artyom Levshunov!!

Artyom Levshunov – DobberProspects

We have solidified our defence. yay! Welcome, Levy!

@Optimist Prime batters up!

Edited by Rush
  • Like 1

@MatchesMalone you still want to draft for SEA?

If so let me know before 12pm pst. I'll be making the auto pick by then. If I do make auto pick you can still choose to complete the rest of their draft when you see this.

Posted (edited)

IMPORTANT NOTICE

1 thing to keep in mind is there are some NHL draft eligible players that are not actually eligible to be drafted in GFL. 

When making rules I tried to go by NHL ruling which stated any player eligible for draft must be 18 by SEP 15, and under 20 by DEC 31.. Apparently non NA players can be drafted when they're 21, but I didn't see that part when writing out the CBA.

This may very well get changed for next season, but with GMs already doing the scouting under current rules it wouldn't be right to make changes now... So just make sure you're double checking players ages before making selection.

Cheers

Edited by Gator