[Article] Canucks: Yes, Brock Boeser would love Jake Guentzel as a teammate

1 hour ago, Bob Long said:

It would be ironic but yep, move on if that's what this is.

Franky Carolina should be begging us for him.

Hronek + Garland for Guentzel’s rights, Nescas, and JK. 

• ThereItIs 1
  • chaos 1

2 hours ago, Comox Blaster said:

Kettle Valley   If not Geuntzel, who would you like to see the Canucks sign?

Defence.  Lol.  But I know this was addressing the forward issue.  

Sam Reinhart or Anthony Duclair for the top 6. Someone who plays fast and big.  Not necessarily big.  To me Guentzel is another Boeser and Petey plays best off the rush and counterattack.  

Then use some group of Hogs Pods Mik Garland and Suter to complete.  And I know Pods should become the player I am describing with plays fast and big.  

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Like with Horfat Wallet if Hronek is only interested in maximum dollars he’s likely traded. 

To me.....this was why Yzerman traded Hronek.  Hronek saw himself at a top pair RHD and wanted to be paid as one.  But Detroit had players coming that would push Hronek down the depth chart in Yzermans opinion.  So he moved on.  

Our issue is Willander will probably push Hronek down the depth chart.  So we end up with something like......

Hughes Willander

D-Petey Hronek

.....In three years time.  

But if that is how we are, I think we are a powerhouse from the back end.  

• Vintage 1

I was expecting this article to actually have some sort of quote or significant connection between Brock and Jake... but it's a big fat nothing burger, and a horse sized pile of speculation. "Yes, Brock Boeser would love Jake Guentzel as a teammate" is a click bait headline if there ever was one. This is what journalism has become, pretty pathetic. 

On actually signing him? I'm not sure it makes sense for the team long-term, but there are many other moving parts that need to be dealt with. Could be an interesting piece, but I wouldn't handcuff our future to sign him.

• Vintage 1

4 hours ago, Fantomex said:

I was expecting this article to actually have some sort of quote or significant connection between Brock and Jake... but it's a big fat nothing burger, and a horse sized pile of speculation. "Yes, Brock Boeser would love Jake Guentzel as a teammate" is a click bait headline if there ever was one. This is what journalism has become, pretty pathetic. 

On actually signing him? I'm not sure it makes sense for the team long-term, but there are many other moving parts that need to be dealt with. Could be an interesting piece, but I wouldn't handcuff our future to sign him.

don't expect much from patrick johnston. 

Edited by tas
  • Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, TheGuardian said:

Yep, forget about the future. Islanders here we come, old and over paid and getting slower and slower

Some of us have Post Benning Stress Disorder. He’s gone. Take a deep breath. Drink Scotch. We have competent management again. JR/PA know how to build Cup winners. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Some of us have Post Benning Stress Disorder. He’s gone. Take a deep breath. Drink Scotch. We have competent management again. JR/PA know how to build Cup winners. 

I've discovered dark Japanese beer, it's awesome, and it makes you forget about Benning.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, TheGuardian said:

Ever hear of the cap?

We have competent management now who actually plan ahead. D-Petey or Willander (or both) will be on the club on ELCs during the high cost OELevator buyout years. 
We are so much better without OELevator. He was pulling in 8.2 per! Benning was a moran. 

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

On 6/15/2024 at 7:47 AM, tas said:

don't get me wrong, I like the looks of it, it just worries me having that much less to spread around elsewhere. i don't care that much about losing joshua, and lindholm was inevitable, but I think it's important to hang on to zadorov and myers and blueger, and they have to either sign or replace hronek in addition to adding to the top 6. 

plus, you know ...

6179435670001.thumb.jpg.68a7b82f3c38f281a6f23f04eeba1a26.jpg

Nice tooth

36 minutes ago, Alflives said:

We have competent management now who actually plan ahead. D-Petey or Willander (or both) will be on the club on ELCs during the high cost OELevator buyout years. 
We are so much better without OELevator. He was pulling in 8.2 per! Benning was a moran. 

In reality they "hope" they will. IMO I think they may be there too but at what skill levels? There have been many players that were going to be on the team that never made it.

Ya, probably Benning caused doubt but that is still just two. It is not too early to start thinking about the "heirs", 2017 till now went quick and only one forward and only one defenceman since.

Benning's reign here should have taught most fans the concept of "tomorrow" and "planning"

I posted many times I see a Colorado type reload in the future where one or two good assets were turned into the team Colorado have now. If anything the Canucks now have maybe 4 trade assets that could change the pattern for a decade or longer.

I still think a 50% retention with a very late pick(s) would have been much better and over much sooner but done is done

Edited by TheGuardian

1 minute ago, TheGuardian said:

In reality they "hope" they will. IMO I think they mat be there too but at what skill levels? There have been many players that were going to be on the team that never made it.

Ya, probably Benning caused doubt but that is still just two. It is not too early to start thinking about the "heirs", 2017 till now went quick and only one forward and only one defenceman since.

Benning's reign here should have taught most fans the concept of "tomorrow" and "planning"

I posted many times I see a Colorado type reload in the future where one or two good assets were turned into the team Colorado have now. If anything the Canucks now have maybe 4 trade assets that could change the pattern for a decade or longer.

I still think a 50% retention with a very late pick(s) would have been much better and over much sooner but done is done

IMHAO our super great (Gillis smart) management tried to trade OELevator and there were no takers, even with retention and sugar. So our super great management used the buyout knowing they have two fantastic young D (Petey and Willander) soon to come in on ELCs. And both will be better than OELrvator. 
Great job by our super brilliant management. We win!

with Demko we easily dispatch the Coilers and are in the Cup Final.

The Empties are already predicting 105 points for next season and the Cup. Accept the Empties as your saviour. “Oh great and wonderful Empties. Your greatness knows no bounds.”

Join us! Believe! Make Empties!!!
Yes Alf is drinking - lots!!! 🤣 

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

IMHAO our super great (Gillis smart) management tried to trade OELevator and there were no takers, even with retention and sugar. So our super great management used the buyout knowing they have two fantastic young D (Petey and Willander) soon to come in on ELCs. And both will be better than OELrvator. 
Great job by our super brilliant management. We win!

with Demko we easily dispatch the Coilers and are in the Cup Final.

The Empties are already predicting 105 points for next season and the Cup. Accept the Empties as your saviour. “Oh great and wonderful Empties. Your greatness knows no bounds.”

Join us! Believe! Make Empties!!!
Yes Alf is drinking - lots!!! 🤣 

I believe the story was they didn't want to make that trade look even worse by adding another pick/prospect to move it.

Could you imagine the trade tree if they had added a sweetener?

OEL and Tocchet were never going to work together so Allvin/Rutherford had a choice, get rid of OEL at all costs or the newly hired coach.

Remember there were many trade demands out of Arizona while under Tocchet's coaching.

Hey, that Guenther sure is playing good eh?

Edited by TheGuardian

8 minutes ago, TheGuardian said:

I believe the story was they didn't want to make that trade look even worse by adding another pick/prospect to move it.

Could you imagine the trade tree if they had added a sweetener?

OEL and Tocchet were never going to work together so Allvin/Rutherford had a choice, get rid of OEL at all costs or the newly hired coach.

Remember there were many trade demands out of Arizona while under Tocchet's coaching.

Hey, that Guenther sure is playing good eh?

Too blurry eyed to read your post. So will just post how fortunate we are to have fabulously smart management who are proven Cup winners. 
We will win the Cup in 2025. 
Bow and kneel to the all knowing Empties. 
Seriously just accept JR/PA have forgotten more about building a Cup winner than YOU or any of us will ever know. 

But Guentzel is 29, I believe? It’s scary to give him term of 6 years, let’s say at 9 million per. 

It’s his last lucrative contract, and we’re all sure he will look to cash in. 

His camp probably wants 8 million plus?

Edited by The Aquaman