[Speculation] Oilers’ Open Extension Negotiations With Leon Draisaitl

45 minutes ago, Gurn said:

Every single player should always do what is best for them and their families.

Teams don't give a crap about the players-just the product, and revenue stream

loyalty has gone out the window- heck teams now ask players to waive NTC protection.

Where is the loyalty?

Hmm, I'd say the way the Canucks and boeser worked things out is a good example of loyalty on both sides.

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

55 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Bouchard Dry Saddle and McJesus making a combined $40 million in total team cap guarantees the team will never see a cup with them.

Shame that there's so little interest in actual winning or team loyalty anymore among players.

I still think player agents are the biggest cancer to the league not named bettman 

Add in  Nurse at $9.25 mil and you have four players making almost 50 million lol

Yikes they're screwed if they give Bouchard 10M. I'd be laughing though. 

If I were Draisaitl I wouldn't stay, but making the finals might give him a false sense that they're closer to the cup that they are. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Wing said:

Yikes they're screwed if they give Bouchard 10M. I'd be laughing though. 

If I were Draisaitl I wouldn't stay, but making the finals might give him a false sense that they're closer to the cup that they are. 

Technically Bouchard outplayed Hughes in the playoffs.....

• Haha 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Just now, HKSR said:

Technically Bouchard outplayed Hughes in the playoffs.....

Umm not sure if I would use that as a measuring stick? Bouchard outplaying Hughes in that one series doesn't make him a 10M defenseman. 

13 minutes ago, Wing said:

Umm not sure if I would use that as a measuring stick? Bouchard outplaying Hughes in that one series doesn't make him a 10M defenseman. 

He has another year to repeat his PPG+ performance.

• Cheers 1

30 minutes ago, The Arrogant Worms said:

They played for the love of the game and got screwed by the owners like Gordie Howe.. 

True. But I wonder why this has to get so out of control the other way. I understand careers are short. But I'm talking about players that have already made millions and some tens of millions asking for so much more to the point the teams get disassembled. I see no loyalty to the fans that cheer for them and pay their pay cheque by supporting the team.

2 hours ago, Guntrix said:

Am I the only one who's not totally convinced on Bouchard. 10M is a lot for him.

I'm 100% totally convinced the Soilers should sign Douchard for $10m. It'll be another boat anchor for that whining, crying team and their shitty fanbase. 

10 hours ago, Wing said:

Had a pretty good regular season too,  he might look like he's mule kicked and make some epic gaffes at times, but is 6'3, and a RHD.   Also this is his third season of over 40 points and he scored a lot of goals.    And his game isn't at all affected in the post season (unlike Hughes, who had to stop skating the puck for self preservation), if anything amps it up.   And what do you think QHs deal is going to look like anyways?   It won't be 10, more like 14.   Bouchard is setting cap era records right now.    Didn't think we'd ever see another Leetch or Al Mac  point level post season, it's been that long. 

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 1

10 hours ago, Joe King said:

True. But I wonder why this has to get so out of control the other way. I understand careers are short. But I'm talking about players that have already made millions and some tens of millions asking for so much more to the point the teams get disassembled. I see no loyalty to the fans that cheer for them and pay their pay cheque by supporting the team.

That boat sailed in the 90's.  Salary cap era.   Most teams couldn't afford to pay what the players "demanded" within a couple years.    The cap exists because of greed, it also saved small market and Canadian teams.   It also pales in comparison to the billion dollar baseball deals.     In Vancouver,  cut the pay by over half (taxes), pay your agent and your insurance.   A 5 million dollar deal is more like 2.    Still a lot of money, but definitely not at all ridiculous given their jobs (pro athletes). 

Edited by IBatch
  • Cheers 1

I thought the date to re-up a teams ufa's that still have one year left was July 1st... 

This would be against the rules, would it not? not quite tampering, but still wrong. 

3 hours ago, IBatch said:

In Vancouver,  cut the pay by over half (taxes), pay your agent and your insurance.   A 5 million dollar deal is more like 2.    Still a lot of money, but definitely not at all ridiculous given their jobs (pro athletes). 

Oh my only clear 2 million. How do they make ends meet. They know it's impossible to pay every one what they want. So by demanding more just tells me it's not for the love of the game, fans and team mates. It's about money, grab all you can and let your team mates scramble for the table scraps. To the fans it's I don't really care if your team is ever able to keep enough good players to challenge for a cup. It's show me the money.

I root for the team not greedy individuals.

• ThereItIs 1

4 minutes ago, Joe King said:

Oh my only clear 2 million. How do they make ends meet. They know it's impossible to pay every one what they want. So by demanding more just tells me it's not for the love of the game, fans and team mates. It's about money, grab all you can and let your team mates scramble for the table scraps. To the fans it's I don't really care if your team is ever able to keep enough good players to challenge for a cup. It's show me the money.

Especially up here when they are paid in US dollars and get to convert to Canadian dollars. 2 million US is 2.6 Canadian! Living in our great city and making 2.6 mil Canadian is pretty damn special. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Especially up here when they are paid in US dollars and get to convert to Canadian dollars. 2 million US is 2.6 Canadian! Living in our great city and making 2.6 mil Canadian is pretty damn special. 

I know this will never happen, but if we could get all our RFA's and UFA's together at the negotiating table. Give them the total we have to work with and let them divi it up.

Then you will see who the team players are. And so will the players. It's not like we are asking them to play for minimum wage for heavens sake. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Joe King said:

I know this will never happen, but if we could get all our RFA's and UFA's together at the negotiating table. Give them the total we have to work with and let them divi it up.

Then you will see who the team players are. And so will the players. It's not like we are asking them to play for minimum wage for heavens sake. 

Yup. I like how Allvin makes what the club believes is a fair offer and if the player prefers to chase money over the team then he moves off that guy if the difference in money is too great. With Big Z it seems like the two sides are close enough to make a deal. With Lindy he’s looking at getting a lot more from a club like Boston. Just like Horfat got a crazy overpay from Lou Lam. 

1 hour ago, Joe King said:

You do understand it's thier job right?  Yes. They love the game but NHL careers are typically very short and you have to make all you can when you can. Other things obviously play into players decisions in negotiations,  but lower end and mid range players need to maximize how much they make while they can.  If Vancouver can't or won't pay them what other teams will, then its thier right to look elsewhere.  

Edited by qwijjibo
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

$50 mil going to 4 players lol 😂 

Edmonton is f’d 

this is their one chance to win a cup and they’re done after 

$16 McD

$14 Drai

$10 Bouchard 

$9.Nurse and no one is taking that contract without 4 first rounders and their best prospect 

basically 1/2 their cap is going to be in 4 players, and that’s when the cap hits $100 mil