Anaheim Ducks are rebranding

On Wednesday morning, Chris Smith of Icethetics revealed in his most recent “JerseyWatch” video that the Ducks will be rebranding ahead of the 2024-25 season.

The immensely popular Mighty Ducks logo, which features a duck mask adorned by two hockey sticks, will be making a return as the primary jersey logo.

Smith reveals that the logo will be revamped as well, with it being fully redrawn. Heavier lines emphasize the mask, which now contains an orange eye instead of a black one.

The biggest bit of news from Smith’s video is that the Ducks will pivot from black to orange for the color of their home jerseys in 2024-25. Similar to the Philadelphia Flyers’ redesign last year, the Ducks will be adopting a darker shade of orange for their new jerseys.

https://thehockeynews.com/nhl/anaheim-ducks/latest-news/ducks-making-the-most-of-orange-county-in-upcoming-rebrand#:~:text=On Wednesday morning%2C Chris Smith,as the primary jersey logo.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

Duck Bao are good. Duck logos are dumb.

Have never heard of Duck Bao before but I now know what's for dinner.  Thanks for little meal tips

3 hours ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

They should have never changed from this logo/colours. It was such an iconic jersey. 

Funny because when they changed they had a team that won a Stanley Cup. And I didn't hear fans going. Awww it's too bad we didn't have our old logo....

20 hours ago, Master Mind said:

I like the direction of going orange and back to a mighty Duck logo.

The current Ducks logo/jerseys are among the worst in the league.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Funny because when they changed they had a team that won a Stanley Cup. And I didn't hear fans going. Awww it's too bad we didn't have our old logo....

what GIF

Just sharing my opinion on the jerseys dude. I’m not too worried about what their fans said after winning the cup. 

On 6/17/2024 at 3:14 PM, Ghostsof1915 said:

Wasn't the reason the Ducks changed their logo is they never won a Cup with this? And despite aiming for kids, the jerseys didn't sell that well?

I believe it was to either cut affiliation with the previous ownership (Disney). Maybe it was also some sort of trademark/copyright issue back then that they’ve since sorted out now?

Their last jerseys were pretty boring so I’m on board for the revamp 

• Cheers 1

On 6/17/2024 at 12:46 PM, -AJ- said:

At this point, teams going back to 90s logos and colours is so mainstream it's almost boring.

I disagree, I think the age of changing original logos to a more “modern” logo from mid 90’s to mid 00’s was disgusting and I’m glad they’re undoing all those trash makeovers. 

48 minutes ago, NoHeart said:

I disagree, I think the age of changing original logos to a more “modern” logo from mid 90’s to mid 00’s was disgusting and I’m glad they’re undoing all those trash makeovers. 

I'm sure you could find people who would think the same of 70s logos vs modern logos. To each their own, but it really just feels like another wave of "things were better when I was young" silliness. All the 80s and 90s kids are now adults with fully fledged careers so the NHL caters to its audience. If I was a betting person, I'd bet money we will see the exact same thing happen with 2000s logos in 10 years.

44 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

I'm sure you could find people who would think the same of 70s logos vs modern logos. To each their own, but it really just feels like another wave of "things were better when I was young" silliness. All the 80s and 90s kids are now adults with fully fledged careers so the NHL caters to its audience. If I was a betting person, I'd bet money we will see the exact same thing happen with 2000s logos in 10 years.

It’s hard to say, I think the ducks going back to a version of their original logo makes a lot of sense. Our orca is one of the few 90’s makeover logos left. Buffalo, Sens, Phx, Pit, wash were all good changes in my opinion. 

Edited by NoHeart

15 hours ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

The plus side, if someone wears a Ducks jersey on a bicycle, or pedestrian, drivers can't miss the orange.

Going full orange from head to toes make them look like bunch of traffic cones! 😂 

Road Rage Hockey GIF by Canadiens de Montréal
Hockey Orange GIF by Canadiens de Montréal

I like that they're going back to the original logo. But I think if you're gonna do it, do it right or don't do it at all. Go full on and bring back the original colors.