[Buyout] Jeff Skinner

On 6/26/2024 at 1:47 PM, WHL rocks said:

I think he'll want to play with a guy like EP40 so that might be enticing to get him here. 

$2.5 to $3  mill 1 year show me deal might get it done.

Yup I like the sound of that then lol. 

No risk if he sucks oh well be an extra body for a year and if he's great he can play himself into a new contract (here or elsewhere). 

As you said it works for him cause he'll get tons of minutes and a great center to play with to set him up. 

• Cheers 1

20 minutes ago, Bobby James said:

Maybe Dak is the linemate Petey needs, but he would still need a talented finisher on his other wing. That was the whole Mik issue with Petey, the dude couldn't finish a chance even when served up on a silver platter. 

Im very open to trying Dak with Petey if we get a RW for Petey or for trying him with Miller and Boeser for an extended period.

• Cheers 1

• Coconuts changed the title to [Buyout] Jeff Skinner
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Rusty Shackleford said:

Wow, they actually did it.   Curious what the hit is for the next 6 years.  Should make the OEL buyout look more palatable.

2024-25         2025-26         2026-27          2027-28           2028-29       2029-30
$1,444,445    $4,444,445    $6,444,445    $2,444,445    $2,444,445    $2,444,445

https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/sabres

Edited by Coconuts
  • Haha 1

that third year is vicious ... especially considering all their younger players that hit will be getting raises, or getting bumps off ELCs 

And for that team they should be competitive the 26-27 year brutallllll

This does make me feel better about the OEL buy out 6.55Mis a huge penalty even just one year brutal

The only thing I could see being a really great fit for the canucks for Skinner is on the PP he'd probably do very well in the bumper being fed by JT

outside of that I dont know

1 hour ago, Grandmaster said:

If he signs for 1-2M, he be a good value contract with lots of upside. I would try and snag him 

I've always liked Skinner. The guy is a proven scorer who won't be looking for a huge payday or longer term. Imagine what he would look like playing for a good team for a changhe. He might be a good stopgap until Lekkerimaki and/or Raty are ready for full-time NHL duty. If you can sign him for $2-3M, it would help in affording a higher end defenceman (or two).

don't see skinner coming to vancouver. He's not a tocchet type and he doesn't really play defence so basically another kuzmenko.. tocchet would give him the kuzmenko treatment and fire him off into the sun

I’d be all over Skinner at $3 million. He’s getting paid for the next 6 years regardless, so maybe he takes a 3x3 deal. Play him with Petey. Would be great in the bumper spot on the PP. 

This way we could afford two top 6 wingers. I’d go after Marchessault as well. 

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I’d be all over Skinner at $3 million. He’s getting paid for the next 6 years regardless, so maybe he takes a 3x3 deal. Play him with Petey. Would be great in the bumper spot on the PP. 

If we can afford Skinner and another top 6F, then suter can go back down to centre the 4th line.  Either that or Hoglander goes down.  Depth.

• Cheers 2

12 minutes ago, Snoop Hogg said:

I think of him like Jay Bouwmeester. Played a lot of games and been around forever, but not playoff tested.

Stanley Cup champ Jay Bouwmeester?

I would say he was tested.

• Cheers 1

Just now, DeNiro said:

Stanley Cup champ Jay Bouwmeester?

I would say he was tested.

I just meant for the longest time he didn’t have any playoff experience. Didn’t it take him well over a decade to get any? I feel that way about Skinner. 

2 minutes ago, Snoop Hogg said:

I just meant for the longest time he didn’t have any playoff experience. Didn’t it take him well over a decade to get any? I feel that way about Skinner. 

So then Skinner is due to win a cup. 😉

• ThereItIs 1

Just now, DeNiro said:

He is an ex Sabre after all.

We just saw a handful of them win a cup the last couple seasons. 🤣

Then we should definitely sign him. Him and Myers can be the next 2 former Sabres to win the cup!

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

Well, the last major buyout was OEL, and he just won the cup. So, maybe there's magic in a bargain buyout player. I still think it's just retreading the Kuzy experiment, but for the sake of looking at it from the other side, who knows. Maybe he can ride Petey's coat tails to a major year. But that moves Hogs to the 4th line in all likelihood. Unless we want a very small 2nd line. Petey's 6'3, but with his weight may as well be 5'8. They're gonna need a power forward, or literally anyone with some size.

2 hours ago, Elias Pettersson said:

He's not a perfect player, but at the right price the expectation might mean he doesn't have to be

Could def be a buy low candidate 

• Cheers 2

It's interesting, I don't know if anyone noticed this yet or not Skinners first 2 NHL contracts were signed by Rutherford.

At 3 million per, this guy might be a good middle 6 fit. He wasn't producing at a 9 million level, but that doesn't mean he wasn't producing. 

• Cheers 2