[Buyout] Jeff Skinner

21 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Hopefully we move on this as fast as possible to beat the pack on folks who miss out on Guentzel.

There are still some bodies out there that can help, but a lot of competition for the same guys.  We may end up with money left when we can’t get the guys we want and have to wait until late in the offseason or training camp when cuts happen and there are cap casualties.

Skinner-Petterson-Toffoli

Debrusk-Miller-Boeser

Joshua-Suter-Garland

Duhaime-Blueger-Podkolzin

PDG

Hughes-Tanev

Edmunson-Hronek

Dillon-Myers

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Provost said:

Hopefully we move on this as fast as possible to beat the pack on folks who miss out on Guentzel.

There are still some bodies out there that can help, but a lot of competition for the same guys.  We may end up with money left when we can’t get the guys we want and have to wait until late in the offseason or training camp when cuts happen and there are cap casualties.

Skinner-Petterson-Toffoli

Debrusk-Miller-Boeser

Joshua-Suter-Garland

Duhaime-Blueger-Podkolzin

PDG

Hughes-Tanev

Edmunson-Hronek

Dillon-Myers

I don’t think we can get all those players. 

1 hour ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I don’t think we can get all those players. 

|
I don't think so either... hence why I literally said there would be a ton of competition... and that we won't be able to get the guys we want... and that we might end up with cap space leftover to use late in the offseason...

If we lose out on Guentzel I would go hard after Stamkos at 7-8 mil x 3 and Skinner 3.5x2 and remaining money on a physical D if big Z doesn't return, we go hard after Dillion fast before we lose out on them.  One of the most important off season ever with so much excitement.

Top 6 of:

Skinner Miller Boeser

Hogs Petey Stamkos

Realistic dream that have a chance to come true.

Edited by Madskillz
  • Cheers 1

This guy can finish in close and have an accurate shot he’s not a 5x 30 goal scorer, he has good offensive awareness and isn’t a play driver which he’s happy to find open spots and finish from Petey pass.  Mik problem was he couldn’t finish in close chance and doesn’t have a good shot that wasted a lot of chances for Petey and himself.

Dying to play his first playoff game, I'm sure he's gonna light the lamp for whichever team picks him up.  Should be an excellent value contract.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1

Posted (edited)

If can get this guy 4 or less it's a steal hes still a 5+ mil player I really believe he will have around 30ish goals playing with Petey or Miller this guy can really finish and has good offensive IQ.

Edited by Madskillz
  • Cheers 1

3 hours ago, VegasCanuck said:

I will not be at all surprised if we sign this guy tomorrow. 

Me either. It’s more likely than we getting Stamkos or Marchessault. It’s also better than getting Toffoli.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, CaptainCanuck12 said:

Unless we somehow get Stamkos, he's the best option left for an offensive forward by far.

I don’t know, there are a lot of good free agents still remaining, such as Duchene, Teravainen, Marchessault, Toffoli, and to slightly lesser extent, DeBrusk, Bertuzzi, Duclair, Arvidsson, Mantha, Monahan, and I’m sure there’s a few more I’m overlooking. 

I’m all for signing Skinner, but I do believe there’s a lot to choose from this year.