[Waivers] Barclay Goodrow

1 minute ago, HKSR said:

Wow.  Let's waive Mikheyev for shits and giggles... maybe he can end up back to the place he started his NHL career too!  lol

I wouldn't be surprised if the Canucks did try putting him on waivers, just to see 

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the Canucks did try putting him on waivers, just to see 

Can't hurt... other than Mikheyev's feelings.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, HKSR said:

And now the NYR can likely bring in more help to an already stacked roster. 

How some teams can dump cap is amazing...

Maybe, maybe not. I think this could be more about making space for a Lafrenière extension. 

Schneider is a pending RFA, they'll have to get Miller done before long too. Shesterkin too.

Alternatively, they could simply try and retain one of Wennberg or Roslovic. 

But they may try and fish via UFA, I think there will be some good deals for forwards out there. 

6 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Can't hurt... other than Mikheyev's feelings.

I do think we'll probably end up having to pay to move him though. 

Edited by Coconuts

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Is having a Barclay in your Goodrow similar to having a bustle in your hedgerow?

Can Bustle Hedgegrow adequately play fourth line minutes? We might need a guy.. 

3 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

Maybe, maybe not. I think this could be more about making space for a Lafrenière extension. 

Schneider is a pending RFA, they'll have to get Miller done before long too. Shesterkin too.

Alternatively, they could simply try and retain one of Wennberg or Roslovic. 

But they may try and fish via UFA, I think there will be some good deals for forwards out there. 

Locking in Lafreniere would be a smart move.  He is probably gonna breakout soon.  Locking him in at say $7M AAV would pay off long term.

Miller will be a $6.5M+ defenceman as well. 

Lindgren another $4.5M+ there.

Schneider will be on a relatively cheap bridge for now... $2.5M?

Then of course Shesterkin... the $11M man?

That's $31.5M for all those guys starting next year where they currently have about $37M.  Leaves them some flexibility.

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Locking in Lafreniere would be a smart move.  He is probably gonna breakout soon.  Locking him in at say $7M AAV would pay off long term.

Miller will be a $6.5M+ defenceman as well. 

Lindgren another $4.5M+ there.

Schneider will be on a relatively cheap bridge for now... $2.5M?

Then of course Shesterkin... the $11M man?

That's $31.5M for all those guys starting next year where they currently have about $37M.  Leaves them some flexibility.

Particularly if they do opt to actually move out Trouba one way or another. Panarin's deal will be up soon too, be interesting to see what happens there. 

Kreider ain't getting any younger either despite his still being very productive, they may have to find a way to bring in offensive talent sooner than later. 

• Cheers 1

Lots of ppl shitting on this guy quickly forget he was great value in the playoffs for the rangers scoring 6 goals and .5ppg as well as being a very big piece of sandpaper for them, I wanna see sharks retain and collect another great piece for him lol

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Is having a Barclay in your Goodrow similar to having a bustle in your hedgerow?

I have to admit, that would have me fairly alarmed. 

8 hours ago, Captain insano said:

Lots of ppl shitting on this guy quickly forget he was great value in the playoffs for the rangers scoring 6 goals and .5ppg as well as being a very big piece of sandpaper for them, I wanna see sharks retain and collect another great piece for him lol

already retaining on Hertl, Burns, Karlsson. No more retention spots until after next season.

Edited by Iron Fist

21 minutes ago, Iron Fist said:

already retaining on Hertl, Burns, Karlsson. No more retention spots until after next season.

He has 3 years left it won’t be until 2026 deadline at the earliest anyhow, also other teams can jump in and retain 

8 minutes ago, Captain insano said:

He has 3 years left it won’t be until 2026 deadline at the earliest anyhow, also other teams can jump in and retain 

From online chatter, He's pretty pissed about what happened. Might have to flip him now. San Jose was on his no trade list

• Cheers 1

23 minutes ago, Iron Fist said:

From online chatter, He's pretty pissed about what happened. Might have to flip him now. San Jose was on his no trade list

He had the choice to terminate his contract…. Entitlement in this world is wild 

1 hour ago, Captain insano said:

He had the choice to terminate his contract…. Entitlement in this world is wild 

He got drafted by them played for them for 6 years. He was one of the first pieces they sold when they started their rebuild.  I think its more personal.

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, PistolPete13 said:

Not a good look for Mike Grier. That’s a Benning level move. 

If a player has a particular team on their No Trade List and is put on waivers, can said team on said list put in a bid? 

22 hours ago, Coconuts said:

Teams know this and likely will I agree. To me it shows desperation, and with free agency nearing teams know they can wait out the Canucks and get their ask. I would've tried waiving him like NYR did with Goodrow and they cleared his 3yr deal remaining. But NY GM beat us to the punch, I hope we aren't all in on Guentzal and not trying harder to keep some key ufa's.

• Cheers 1

"After speaking to multiple sources on Wednesday, there is widespread belief that Barclay Goodrow had included the Sharks on his 15-team, no-trade list that GM Chris Drury got around by placing No. 21 on waivers, where San Jose exercised the first claim to take the two-time Cup-winner."

"We’ve been told by several folks that Goodrow — who scored six goals in 16 postseason matches after recording four in 80 games during the regular season — is not happy about how this went down."

https://nypost.com/2024/06/19/sports/why-rangers-chris-drury-waiving-barclay-goodrow-was-cold-blooded/