[Signing] Canucks Re-Sign Filip Hronek (8 years x $7.25 Million)

2 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

I like it. I honestly think he'd produce better away from Huggy. Huggy can get the other team's tougher defenders. Opening Hronek to feed on the secondary defenders.

Agreed!
He would also be able to play in a more offensive role.

Edited by Baratheon
  • Like 2

To re-sign Zadorov, the Canucks will need to relieve some cap space and I wonder if they're working on trading Mikheyev. They would have to add sweeteners (Podkolzin or Hoglander or ?), but I think I would be okay with that to get Z locked up and to bring in Guentzel. 

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Nucker67 said:

To re-sign Zadorov, the Canucks will need to relieve some cap space and I wonder if they're working on trading Mikheyev. They would have to add sweeteners (Podkolzin or Hoglander or ?), but I think I would be okay with that to get Z locked up and to bring in Guentzel. 

We will trade Garland to clear cap before Mik. 

• ThereItIs 2

18 minutes ago, Wing said:

I know someone pointed this out already, but I just have to say again Frank Seravalli  GUARANTEED the AVV starts with a 8. What a moron. 

This is a long contract, but being able to keep it just a bit above 7M AVV for a player this age. I hope they can also resign Zadorov to a reasonable contract. That would be a big win.

F Frank! 

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Nucker67 said:

Pods and Hogs need to be non starters.  They are the current ELC players that stretch cap.  

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

When you revisit what Hronek's agent said last week about wanting to stay, liking the city, coaching staff, etc, it was much more friendly and less of a hard line response. It was clear something was happening. 

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 2

1 minute ago, chris12345 said:

It was really important to get this done before the draft. Now they are nicely set up for July 1.

I'm glad they didn't run out of time....

good point, without this being done things get pretty white knuckle July 1. Now they can at least fill in the other spots with new bodies if need be, but I'm hoping for a big Z signing next, like soon. Now would be nice. 

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1