[Signing] Canucks Re-Sign Filip Hronek (8 years x $7.25 Million)

16 minutes ago, Alflives said:

We will trade Garland to clear cap before Mik. 

I've thought this as well, it's easier to get done. I don't think it's smart to trade one of our cheaper guys, Podz/Hogz when we really need their contracts on the team now and more in next two years! Maybe if we can attach a guy who isn't going to be on our team next season but could be on another team? Attach that to Mik than make that deal instead. Love Garland but we can't have guys making 5 on the 3rd! Play him up to the second this year maybe? If the keep him 

• Like 1

Hope this deal works out well for us. I’m holding out hope he is our new Sami Salo from the point on the PP…but his shoulder seems to be a lingering concern since he traded for him.

separate Hughes and Hronek 5 on 5.

soucy and hopefully Zadorov can play with either of them rounding out our top 4.

then sign Dillon to play with NJ#47 on bottom pair

1 minute ago, Bob Long said:

good point, without this being done things get pretty white knuckle July 1. Now they can at least fill in the other spots with new bodies if need be, but I'm hoping for a big Z signing next, like soon. Now would be nice. 

Pretty sure we can't fit him on the cap,his playoffs was way better than Hronek.

18 minutes ago, kettlevalley said:

Pods and Hogs need to be non starters.  They are the current ELC players that stretch cap.  

They aren't ELC players but one could consider them value contracts.

Edited by chris12345
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, DrJockitch said:

So now do we trade mid rounder to get Guentzel and keep AV down with 8years? (I don’t believe we will sign Guentzel, I think Nashville will).

We can trade for Guentzel’s rights but only the Canes can go the eighth year. 

The media members who are "insiders" (sock puppets) get most of their info from agents. Agents give top end comparables. According to them, we were going to lose Hronek and all UFAs because the price is too high. Conversely, some media leak the low end comparables sparking the "player wants more" narrative. That's why the 8 million AAV set in stone narrative was so stupid.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

good point, without this being done things get pretty white knuckle July 1. Now they can at least fill in the other spots with new bodies if need be, but I'm hoping for a big Z signing next, like soon. Now would be nice. 

Big Z is tough. I want him too but with Hughes and Soucy that will be tough to plunk him on the third pair.

I get it the minutes will even out but still needs a bit of work to fit.

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

We can trade for Guentzel’s rights but only the Canes can go the eighth year. 

a sign and trade would be neat. If we can land JG in the 8+ by 8 years range we're really laughing going forward. 

• Like 2

Just now, chris12345 said:

Big Z is tough. I want him too but with Hughes and Soucy that will be tough to plunk him on the third pair.

He scored 4 goals in the playoffs,I think for sure he can be a 2nd pair guy. Might have underachieved greatly in Calgary.

2 minutes ago, chris12345 said:

I think Soucy and Z are kind of interchangeable on the 2/3 pairings. Once Willander comes in the overall d cost will make sense. We just need a 1 year filler on the right side for next season. 

a sign and trade would be neat. If we can land JG in the 8+ by 8 years range we're really laughing going forward. 

I was thinking the same thing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bertuzzi44fan said:

He scored 4 goals in the playoffs,I think for sure he can be a 2nd pair guy. Might have underachieved greatly in Calgary.

Totally. 

Then would you drop Soucy to the third pair? Play Big Z & Myers together? Assuming he signs?

Lots of moving pieces.

I think Soucy and Z are kind of interchangeable on the 2/3 pairings. Once Willander comes in the overall d cost will make sense. We just need a 1 year filler on the right side for next season. 

Yes there is a bit more movement to come. Cole was a filler. Might need another.