[Signing] Canucks Re-Sign Filip Hronek (8 years x $7.25 Million)

3 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

a sign and trade would be neat. If we can land JG in the 8+ by 8 years range we're really laughing going forward. 

Garland for Geuntzel (signed 8.75 x eight) would be ideal. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, chris12345 said:

Totally. 

Then would you drop Soucy to the third pair? Play Big Z & Myers together? Assuming he signs?

Lots of moving pieces.

Giraffe can be 3rd pair,think he gets worn out and turns pylon.

• chaos 1

2 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

I think Soucy and Z are kind of interchangeable on the 2/3 pairings. Once Willander comes in the overall d cost will make sense. We just need a 1 year filler on the right side for next season. 

Depth. We get injuries on our D every year. Zadorov can move up if Soucy gets injured or if he struggles. That's actually a good option to have.

• ThereItIs 1

1 minute ago, chris12345 said:

Big Z is tough. I want him too but with Hughes and Soucy that will be tough to plunk him on the third pair.

I get it the minutes will even out but still needs a bit of work to fit.

I like him because of how he plays. Not the most prolific hitter but hits hard.

The offence is secondary when it comes, nice to have. 
He may get the chance to skate the puck more .

Even more I like his swagger, the fashion and trash talk. It is a great foil for Pettey who is amazing but comes off as a quiet, sometimes a bit moody guy, like he has the weight of the world on his shoulders.  JT can be cranky sometimes too.  I think having a big Bieksa around is great for the team overall. 

He can make a lot of noise when they want to be on the background at times. The Vancouver media can wear on you. 
I hope they find a way, we only really have one solid LHD prospects expected in next couple years so not taking anyone’s spot. 

Just now, DrJockitch said:

I like him because of how he plays. Not the most prolific hitter but hits hard.

The offence is secondary when it comes, nice to have. 
He may get the chance to skate the puck more .

Even more I like his swagger, the fashion and trash talk. It is a great foil for Pettey who is amazing but comes off as a quiet, sometimes a bit moody guy, like he has the weight of the world on his shoulders.  JT can be cranky sometimes too.  I think having a big Bieksa around is great for the team overall. 

He can make a lot of noise when they want to be on the background at times. The Vancouver media can wear on you. 
I hope they find a way, we only really have one solid LHD prospects expected in next couple years so not taking anyone’s spot. 

I also like how he is big and scary. I wouldn't go with him. 

7 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

That's why the 8 million AAV set in stone narrative was so stupid.

People bought into it hook, line, and sinker. As if Hronek was a big bad money villain.

There were too many positives beyond the money as well. This was a huge appealing opportunity for Hronek in so many ways. 

• Upvote 1
  • ThereItIs 1

9 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

The media members who are "insiders" (sock puppets) get most of their info from agents. Agents give top end comparables. According to them, we were going to lose Hronek and all UFAs because the price is too high. Conversely, some media leak the low end comparables sparking the "player wants more" narrative. That's why the 8 million AAV set in stone narrative was so stupid.

judging by allvin's tone during that zoom call when he twice said they won't be able to keep all their ufas, I expect the vast majority to be gone.

I bet they prioritize blueger because they can still get him relatively affordably and because of how the management and coaching staff view him, and from there I suspect they'll do their best to give myers a fair deal and that might be about it. 

• ThereItIs 1

13 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

good point, without this being done things get pretty white knuckle July 1. Now they can at least fill in the other spots with new bodies if need be, but I'm hoping for a big Z signing next, like soon. Now would be nice. 

Was just about to write the same...

Like it or loathe it, but at least they now know, what money they have moving forward... 

Hopefully Zad is next...

• Like 2

1 minute ago, tas said:

judging by allvin's tone during that zoom call when he twice said they won't be able to keep all their ufas, I expect the vast majority to be gone.

I bet they prioritize blueger because they can still get him relatively affordably and because of how the management and coaching staff view him, and from there I suspect they'll do their best to give myers a fair deal and that might be about it. 

We were never going to keep them all.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, tas said:

That’s because he knows what Guentzel is going to cost him😜

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, tas said:

My gut tells me Zadorov is pricing himself out of Vancouver.  Same with Lindholm and Joshua.  Guentzel is the next priority for PA/JR.

D core for next year at the moment...

Hughes-Hronek

Soucy-???

???-Juulsen

I still feel we go top 4RHD shopping with the Zadorov money. There's so many to go around this offseason.  

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, HKSR said:

My gut tells me Zadorov is pricing himself out of Vancouver.  Same with Lindholm and Joshua.  Guentzel is the next priority for PA/JR.

Hughes-Hronek

Soucy-???

???-Juulsen

I still feel we go top 4RHD shopping with the Zadorov money. There's so many to go around this offseason.  

Myers is all but done. He ain't leaving Kelowna.

• Cheers 1

That is a good number, and locks up a piece we couldn't easily replace. You don't give Hughes a proper d-pairing for the first time and then not try and re-sign him. This goes a long way to having team success in the future if he can find more consistency, so hopefully they can find similar magic in the supporting pieces with the space left.

• Like 2

Just now, Nucks780 said:

Im surprised. Honestly thought he might be traded. Its a good deal if he can be consistent 40-50 pt dman. Wonder where they will shed some salary now.

Joshua, lindholm gone for sure I'd say.  Maybe Zad, but I'm hoping they prioritize him over a high priced fwd.

Bring the dcorp back and deal with fwds the best you can with what you can

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, HKSR said:

Hughes-Hronek

Soucy-???

???-Juulsen

They will also sniff around Dillion I think.

• ThereItIs 1