[Signing] Canucks Re-Sign Filip Hronek (8 years x $7.25 Million)

2 minutes ago, chris12345 said:

They will also sniff around Dillion I think.

Dillon will be $3.5m+ ... we need to find a cheap D man that can play some solid minutes.

13 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

What does the cap space look like now, damn Capitals, curse them. 

Probably posted already, but: 

1 hour ago, flickyoursedin said:

Well what should have happened was probably signing Bo Horvat in the summer before his last year under contract started. He was a 50+ point captain material center man who was good defensively. If they’d have offered him like 6.5 to 6.75 mill a year for 8 years he would have signed. At the time they were rumoured to be offering him 5.25 mill a year. It wasn’t until halfway through the season when he was putting up incredible numbers did we start to offer him a reasonable contract and then he was looking more like 8 million a season was a possibility and we were priced out. Wouldn’t have needed to trade for Lindholm and just use those assets to have gotten Hronek. We’d have a good defensive point producing center man locked up for under 7 million. 

Horvat isn't and has never actually been a good defensive center no matter how much we imagined or wanted him to be that. And his point production is entirely selfish. He doesn't make his linemates better or elevate anyone like you want a top centre to do. 

• Like 2
  • MillerTime 1

20 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

People bought into it hook, line, and sinker. As if Hronek was a big bad money villain.

There were too many positives beyond the money as well. This was a huge appealing opportunity for Hronek in so many ways. 

So many “see yas” and “don’t let the door hit you on the way out” haha too funny. 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

The media members who are "insiders" (sock puppets) get most of their info from agents. Agents give top end comparables. According to them, we were going to lose Hronek and all UFAs because the price is too high. Conversely, some media leak the low end comparables sparking the "player wants more" narrative. That's why the 8 million AAV set in stone narrative was so stupid.

There are NO real Insiders, period. Listen to Friedman - you will never hear more "I think this" and "I feel this" Seravelli has been so wrong so many times it is laughable. He is a joke.  Don't kid yourself - this is all about their own incomes from clicks, shares and tweets.  It is basically just a percentage game for these clowns....there are only so many outcomes for certain players and they will be right sometimes. I just view them as simple entertainers, and most are piss poor at entertainment. Conclusion = they are mostly all Slugs

• Vintage 2

2 minutes ago, elvis15 said:

Probably posted already, but: 

Thanks. Quick estimate in my head we sign Silovs, Zads, Guentzel, Myers we have about $1M for third line C. Uh-oh, really need to move out more cap. Trust in PA. 

1 minute ago, LunarPoetry said:

There are NO real Insiders, period. Listen to Friedman - you will never hear more "I think this" and "I feel this" Seravelli has been so wrong so many times it is laughable. He is a joke.  Don't kid yourself - this is all about their own incomes from clicks, shares and tweets.  It is basically just a percentage game for these clowns....there are only so many outcomes for certain players and they will be right sometimes. I just view them as simple entertainers, and most are piss poor at entertainment. Conclusion = they are mostly all Slugs

I think they report things they hear and get told a lot of things from agents and teams as ploys. Wouldn’t be surprised if his agent started floating the idea he should get $8M and have the clerk tell her fat uncle Frank to set high expectations. 

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 minutes ago, Moeknows said:

don't think 4.75 will be acceptable to Zad

It would be if the term was 7 years. It’s about total dollars. This is his one and only shot at a big money contract. If he can truly get 36 million on the open market then we need to com close to that. Heck go eight years. 4.25 x 8. 

• Like 1

If he wanted 8 million x 7 years that’s 56 million. He now gets 7.25 million x 8 years  which is 58 million but with a lower cap. Hope he is tradable down the road. If they then sign Myers (3 million per?) and Huggy will be getting over 12 million in a few years, I’m not sure they give Zads his 5.25 or more as well. Overall, this is a good signing for cost certainty. 

9 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

Thanks. Quick estimate in my head we sign Silovs, Zads, Guentzel, Myers we have about $1M for third line C. Uh-oh, really need to move out more cap. Trust in PA. 

Hopefully Hronek means no Guentzal

2 hours ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

1.25 more than Myers last contract , younger, longer term, better player.

just goes to show how bad Benning was! 

Definitely a better player, but UFA in free agency vs RFA we had the rights to are different situations.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, LunarPoetry said:

I do think a lot of them are told things. But the thing most of you don't realize is that the things they are being told is being told to them for a reason. Negotiating through the media is a thing. I have no doubts that Hronek was asking for 8mil and my guess is management let it be known. Now Hronek's camp has to deal the potential backlash from media and fans alike.

Conversely. Milstein seems very buddy buddy with Dhali, and Dhali is pumping Zadorov's tires hard. A lot of talk about that negotiation is "Zadorov will leave money on the table, he is mostly concerned with term." He looks like a hero, so the agent in this case is likely leaking info to Dhali. Notice how different outcomes are depending on who is leaking info. We can even go back to Pettersson re-signing. All year people were saying "he wants to negotiate in the offseason, there's no rush." Rumors start swirling about a Carolina deal and all of a sudden the dude re-signed less than 12mil that was expected. Likely management let that out of the bag and forced Petey's hand.

• Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

Mikh for a bag of pucks

• Cheers 1