[Signing] Canucks Re-Sign Filip Hronek (8 years x $7.25 Million)

1 hour ago, bh90 said:

Dillon's good though, i don't see him getting less than Soucy. 

if we bring back Z i just don't see us signing Dillon but, if no Z than Dillon makes a lot of sense for our team

Dillon is 34 .    He’s lucky if he’s got 3 yrs left in the league.

to play at home, I doubt the number is closer to 3m.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, bh90 said:

possibly but than you'll have Hughes, Zad, Soucy, Dillon as LD with Hronek/Juulsen on RD

just doesn't seem like a balaced cap allocation and Tocc/Foote have gone on record on how they believe their D should play on their strong side.

unless the plan is to have Hughes / Zadorov pairing and than you can have a Dillon - Hronek pairing.

Myers played great for us though in the playoffs. not sure i'm ready to let him go...

L or R hand really only matters on Face Offs,

D men, like Forwards , now “Roam” the game positionally ,.

I put more weight into hockeys systems where the game continues, and puck possession is a premium.

You wouldn’t rather have Dillon than Myers?

2 hours ago, bh90 said:

possibly but than you'll have Hughes, Zad, Soucy, Dillon as LD with Hronek/Juulsen on RD

just doesn't seem like a balaced cap allocation and Tocc/Foote have gone on record on how they believe their D should play on their strong side.

unless the plan is to have Hughes / Zadorov pairing and than you can have a Dillon - Hronek pairing.

Myers played great for us though in the playoffs. not sure i'm ready to let him go...

Zad or Dillion not and.

Edited by chris12345

This is exactly what needed to happen. Hronek actually has other dimensions to his game. He played a different game with us. In many ways, more measured in how he sees the ice. I really want to see Tocchet use his shot more precisely from the half wall rather than going for shot quantity next season.

We all know he has a great shot. They have to key into that. 

Edited by Dr. Crossbar
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Bob Long said:

Have to think there will be a cap clearing trade very soon .

That and (or) a Mik buyout. Trade Garlsnd and buyout Mik and that’s 8+ mil cleared. That’s pretty much the AAV (plus a bit) to get Geuntzel. 

• Like 1
  • ThereItIs 1

4 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

If this is the case then it’s one of Zads or Myers ,  or perhaps Dillon .

Wow, I haven't even considered Guentzel a possibility, but if it is... our offense would be insane.

Edited by The Lock
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

20 minutes ago, JeremyCuddles said:

I do think a lot of them are told things. But the thing most of you don't realize is that the things they are being told is being told to them for a reason. Negotiating through the media is a thing. I have no doubts that Hronek was asking for 8mil and my guess is management let it be known. Now Hronek's camp has to deal the potential backlash from media and fans alike.

Conversely. Milstein seems very buddy buddy with Dhali, and Dhali is pumping Zadorov's tires hard. A lot of talk about that negotiation is "Zadorov will leave money on the table, he is mostly concerned with term." He looks like a hero, so the agent in this case is likely leaking info to Dhali. Notice how different outcomes are depending on who is leaking info. We can even go back to Pettersson re-signing. All year people were saying "he wants to negotiate in the offseason, there's no rush." Rumors start swirling about a Carolina deal and all of a sudden the dude re-signed less than 12mil that was expected. Likely management let that out of the bag and forced Petey's hand.

Agents start high, the team starts low and they meet in the middle somewhere. The sign or we'll trade you narrative is a media creation. I suppose that every player who signs for less than a sock puppet's numbers will be because the management threatened to trade them. Another stupid media narrative.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

2 hours ago, SuchaNuxtalgia said:

We're rewinding too far back in time to play out that alternate universe. Need to time the lightning strike at "Enchantment Under The Sea" dance night, with Spielberg's camera.

This season revealed it all worked out, rather swimmingly.

Well I wouldn’t say swimmingly. It was a very nice season but losing Lindholm for free on the draft pick and prospect capital it took to acquire him hurts as it’s less of a chance for internal turn over and cheap contributions down the road. I guess it’s all moot point if they can use the cap space acquired and get a player of similar quality.

Just now, flickyoursedin said:

Well I wouldn’t say swimmingly. It was a very nice season but losing Lindholm for free on the draft pick and prospect capital it took to acquire him hurts as it’s less of a chance for internal turn over and cheap contributions down the road. I guess it’s all moot point if they can use the cap space acquired and get a player of similar quality.

Lindy was free. It cost a first and a fourth to dumperoo all of Cruise Missile. The two prospects added are nothing players who will never make the nhl. So what exactly did we give up? 

• Wiener 1

28 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

L or R hand really only matters on Face Offs,

D men, like Forwards , now “Roam” the game positionally ,.

I put more weight into hockeys systems where the game continues, and puck possession is a premium.

You wouldn’t rather have Dillon than Myers?

For defencemen is for clearing the puck out of the defensive zone. They are on their strong side to battle, keeping play to the outside allowing them to clear the puck up the boards instead of towards the middle (and not using a backhand).

Edited by Drive-By Body Pierce

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Lindy was free. It cost a first and a fourth to dumperoo all of Cruise Missile. The two prospects added are nothing players who will never make the nhl. So what exactly did we give up? 

Well we’ll see in a couple years what we gave up. It might be nothing like you say or it might leave us looking back and wishing we never gave away Gustav Forsling who would you say is a bustaroo?

• Haha 1