[Signing] Canucks Re-Sign Filip Hronek (8 years x $7.25 Million)

19 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Are you actually a Canucks fan? Hronek just came off a massive season. He’s a friggin’ steal for that AAV. July 2025 he get over 9 per on the open market. 

Darnell Nurse would also have gotten what he made from the Oilers on the open market too. 

Doesn't mean you should pay them what other teams are willing to overpay when they're unproven. 

At this rate he's being paid, you'll be happy when he plays at his best and earns that money. When he doesn't though and you see the last half of the season then he's well overpaid by 3 million. 

It's funny how people rag on Petey for "not being an 11 million dollar player" despite showing he can be but we are all supposed to be ecstatic about this contract lol.

• Confused 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Conscience said:

Predicted Top 3 in the pacific with vegas and oilers.

knew seattle overachieved and we underachieved before the coaching change. 

No idea what that has to do with Hronek contract???

Again, do you think his playoffs performance deserves 7.25 per?? Do tell

We're paying him for 8 future years based on more than just his Playoff performance.

Zadorov had a good Playoff performance. Do we pay him just for that or is his season and history factored in as well? What do you think he's worth using your Playoff narrative?

• Like 1
  • Wiener 1

4 minutes ago, Conscience said:

Predicted Top 3 in the pacific with vegas and oilers.

knew seattle overachieved and we underachieved before the coaching change. 

No idea what that has to do with Hronek contract???

Again, do you think his playoffs performance deserves 7.25 per?? Do tell

He wasn't paid 7.25 this season so what do you want me to tell you.Do you think he cant play like 7.25 player in future???

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, RWMc1 said:

We're paying him for 8 future years based on more than just his Playoff performance.

Zadorov had a good Playoff performance. Do we pay him just for that or is his season and history factored in as well? What do you think he's worth using your Playoff narrative?

It definitely uped Zs value maybe out of our range so I think hroneks should have been effected too and lowered.

2 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

Thank G-d you are not the one doing the prioritization. He's 26 years old with only 1 year of playoff experience. He's projecting to improve significantly. He hasn't reached his peak.

...and the cap will continue to go up.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 1

4 minutes ago, RomanPer said:

Thank G-d you are not the one doing the prioritization. He's 26 years old with only 1 year of playoff experience. He's projecting to improve significantly. He hasn't reached his peak.

Can i have your crystal ball? He was on a steady decline since the allstar break, thats a fact, anything else is speculation. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, 24K said:

This aav is fine with me. I ain't gonna pay 8x8 but under 7.5 is fair. 

Guess goodbye big Z unless we can move Mik. 

I hope we can move Mik and then re-sign Zads.

I'm pretty surprised. I'd figure the board would meltdown at this deal.

I do find it funny that 1 hour after THG posts he's not worried about the RFA/UFA's in Vancouver, then Hronek gets renewed. Lol.