[Signing] Canucks Re-Sign Filip Hronek (8 years x $7.25 Million)

6 hours ago, CanucksJay said:

I think the move that makes the most sense now is to create cap space by moving Mik even if we need to retain a Mil. 

He was pretty useless this year and we were fine whether he was in the line up or not. 

I think PA's most crucial job will be to convince the other GMs that this was a rehab year for Mik and that he will bounce back next year and highlight his improved skating near the end of the playoffs. 

I would rather lose Mik and sign Z and have a guy like Podz fill Miks role than to lose Z. 

Also I don't know why we think we're not signing DJ... We had the best 3rd line in the league last year. It was a set and forget it line where we never hesitated to put them out there and they would gain momentum back or score a clutch goal. You don't walk away from that over a 1 mil difference. 

Cap space = 19.3 (including Poolman LTIR) 

Mik gone = - 3.75m (if we retain 1m)

Cap space= 23.05

Sign

Zads 5.3

Myers 2.75

Run with Juulsen at 6D

Re-sign DJ at 3.8m

Cap remaining 12.8m

Miller    Boeser 

Petey    Hogz 

Garland     Suter   Joshua 

Podz         Aman    PDG 

Hughes Hronek 

Zadorov Myers 

Soucy Juulsen 

Demko

Silovs

Do we go for Guentzel to play with Petey and sign another forward for the Miller line 

Or

Do we sign Guentzel to play with Petey and bring someone like Bleuger back and promote Suter back to first line? 

I think Lindholm is as good as gone. 

In another world though, what if you traded Petey, freed up another 11.6m (24.4m free) 

And then re-sign Lindholm to 7.25m, Guentzel to 9m and added another 8.15m player and bring Suter down to 3C where he showed chemistry with Garland and DJ the first half of last season. The assets coming back from a Petey trade could legitimately give us a shot at throwing it at a team like Ottawa for Brady T or even a straight across trade

Hogz Miller Boeser 

Tkachuk Lindholm Guentzel

Garland Suter Joshua 

Podz Aman PDG

Hughes Hronek 

Zadorov Juulsen 

Soucy Myers 

Demko

Silovs 

That's pretty sexy. 

Ngl, I love EP. But Tkachuk plus a few assets for Petey would give us better edge and size without losing a ton more scoring. 

2 minutes ago, oregon.duck said:

Ngl, I love EP. But Tkachuk plus a few assets for Petey would give us better edge and size without losing a ton more scoring. 

JR knows the key players needed to win the Cup. He locked up Petey for that reason. Love to get BT but we wouldn’t trade Petey to do that. 

9 hours ago, DisgruntledNucksFan said:

This is gross … Hughes next contract going to be 15 mill per year at the rate we’re throwing money at everyone … we basically paid hronek the same as Hughes …..

So what would you give a top pairing RHD that had a career year? Would you rather let him walk and have Juulsen as your #1?

• Cheers 1
  • ThereItIs 2

32 minutes ago, CanuckMan said:

Canucks need to move out Mikheyev (preferably) or Garland (unfortunately) and make some more cap space. Re-signing Zadorav should be the next step.

I love Garlands performance this year 

he drives play and is a great glue guy 

but at 4.95 million ?

• ThereItIs 1

10 hours ago, DisgruntledNucksFan said:

This is gross … Hughes next contract going to be 15 mill per year at the rate we’re throwing money at everyone … we basically paid hronek the same as Hughes …..

Pretty basic standards to look at here. What year contact's are signed, projected cap, years left of player at club control. Pretty basic stuff. It's a very fair deal for both sides. Good deal actually.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, canucks curse said:

but at 4.95 million ?

100%

He was their best player in the playoffs

• Vintage 1

14 minutes ago, canucks curse said:

but at 4.95 million ?

He wanted out last summer but there were no takers. IMHAO Allvin told Garland if he wants out that he needs to play better. Garland played a lot better. Hopefully that translates into us being g able to trade him for cap. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, oregon.duck said:

Brady Tkachuk cheats for offense more than any star in the league. Not only would you lose offense (and a significant amount if he were to adapt to RT’s style of play), but you’d be losing a Selke calibre player as well. 

Pettersson is miles ahead of BT in every aspect of hockey that isn’t related to being a power forward (fighting and hits). For that aspect of hockey, we have the best power forward in the game today, Jimothy Timothy Miller. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alflives said:

Great signing. Hughes - Hronek is the best pairing in the league. Now trade Garland (for cap space) sign Big Z and get Geuntzel. 

We need Garland. We keep getting rid of heart and soul players like Motte. When we’re down and have nothing going he show up and sparks the team. If we need tog eat rid of cap trade Petey. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Conscience said:

Ya lets hope so, was his first time in the playoffs and can be a learning experience, just dont want to be leafs west, with regular season heroes and disappearing acts when it matters.

hronek playoffs stats

13GP   1G    1A    -3

not the dman i would have prioritized 

Glad you’re not in charge

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Wiener 1

Just now, PeteyBoeser said:

We need Garland. We keep getting rid of heart and soul players like Motte. When we’re down and have nothing going he show up and sparks the team. If we need tog eat rid of cap trade Petey. 

We will win Cups with Petey. JR kn I was this. Garland will save us five mil per. He is a bottom six guy, who doesn’t pk or pp on our club. Hopefully he has value now? 

• Cheers 1

24 minutes ago, Alflives said:

We will win Cups with Petey. JR kn I was this. Garland will save us five mil per. He is a bottom six guy, who doesn’t pk or pp on our club. Hopefully he has value now? 

I think you’re underestimating Garland Alf 

he plays a bottom six role / ice time and puts up top 6 numbers without PP time 

47 pts with his ice time deployment is exceptional, he’s one of the best 5 on 5 point producers in the league 

that puts him at #122 in the league for forwards. Solidly in top 6 numbers 

32 teams 

6 top 6 per team 

192 top 6 players in the league 

https://www.quanthockey.com/nhl/seasons/nhl-forwards-stats.html

Edited by ArmchairGM22
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 3

1 hour ago, DeNiro said:

Lol.

Finalist for GM of the year too.

Maybe Shayna should not tweet out her hot takes next time. Or maybe do cause we could all use a laugh. 🤣

it's really easy to be a loud mouth dope on the internet, unleashing hot takes and asserting your genius, then never taking accountability for the multitude of things you're constantly wrong about.

we've got a few of 'em right here on these forums. 

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Bargain considering a few factors, should age very well like Quinn's.

Sounds like we won't be able to keep Lindholm or Zadorov so going to be doing some big UFA shopping this offseason surely.

Freidman said hard to know on Z. He said he thinks they are actually quite close but also heard the opposite so it’s hard to know. He was leaning more to being close given those sources were more reliable.

They’re def trying to move money out and want Guentzel so they may be the hold up. Move money, sign Z and still have money for JG 

Edited by ArmchairGM22

1 minute ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Bargain considering a few factors, should age very well like Quinn's.

Sounds like we won't be able to keep Lindholm or Zadorov so going to be doing some big UFA shopping this offseason surely.

it just occurred to me that they may both end up in Boston 🤢

4 minutes ago, ArmchairGM22 said:

Freidman said hard to know on Z. He said he thinks they are actually quite close but also heard the opposite so it’s hard to know. He was leaning more to being close given those sources were more reliable.

They’re def trying to move money out and want Guentzel so they may be the hold up. Move money, sign Z and still have money for JG 

If it's a choice between Zads and JG, I'm going with Zads.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1