[Signing] Canucks Re-Sign Filip Hronek (8 years x $7.25 Million)

Just now, Ghostsof1915 said:

If it's a choice between Zads and JG, I'm going with Zads.

19 mil....

9 for JG

5 Z

2.75 Myers

have to move Mik and Garly to find another right side d and some 4th line toughness, but is certainly possible. 

• Like 1

Just now, Bob Long said:

19 mil....

9 for JG

5 Z

2.75 Myers

have to move Mik and Garly to find another right side d and some 4th line toughness, but is certainly possible. 

What about Reaves for our fourth line? Is he a UFA? 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Trading Garland for a second which we use to get a signed Geuntzel? 

Trade Mik to open cap 

if it costs our third who cares, do it

keep garland 

sign JG as a UFA 

sign Zadorov 

Edited by ArmchairGM22
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 hour ago, canucks curse said:

I love Garlands performance this year 

he drives play and is a great glue guy 

but at 4.95 million ?

I like his tenacity and willingness to get down and dirty. However we can’t over look the fact that he is a small player regardless how he plays. We need more size in our bottom 6. We’re an offensive team but our offence is not enough to offset our size issues among the forwards. 

26 minutes ago, Bob Long said:

19 mil....

9 for JG

5 Z

2.75 Myers

Add Silvos to that group $1 - $1.5 depending on term. 

• ThereItIs 1

17 minutes ago, steviewonder20 said:

Didn’t realize she was a Canucks hater. 

she isn't, necessarily. more likely just another run of the mill, mindless, opportunistic online commentator taking easy pot shots with no repercussions. 

twitter has ruined our society. 

• Cheers 1

45 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Trading Garland for a second which we use to get a signed Geuntzel? 

They want a mid-round pick to have negotiating rights and a second is too much. Our prospect pool is not impressive (we traded away a lot last season) and we have no pick until round 3 this year. We need a balance between present and future to be sustainably good and have no terrific C prospects in the system. If we trade for JG’s rights there is no guarantee he signs with us. Prefer to increase cap flexibility before free agency and then go shopping with no middle man (Carolina).

I wouldn't mind seeing management getting Silvos next contract outta the way.  We need to shore up our goaltender situation.

Need to know what we have left over to spend in Free agency. I don't think it will be a big contract, but definitely an important position to secure.

I'd like to see something in the 3-4 year range around the $1.25-$1.75 million. He turned 23 this March, a 3 or 4 year deal would take him to 26 or 27 years old. 

If Demko's injuries persist we need to have a good back up secured on a team friendly contract. If Silvos continues to get better and develop

Demko may become trade bait at some point and possibly return a haul for this franchise.

If Silvos development stalls, marginally improves or has topped out at least he's tradeable at on a good contract if we have to move on.

Edited by Blitz-Pix

If it means giving up a few assets to move Mik it is worth it if JG wants to sign and it isn’t in the $10M range we should still have enough for Zads, Myers, Arty and Blue or even better a Right shooting third line C. Not enough for Joshua though. 

25 minutes ago, Blitz-Pix said:

I wouldn't mind seeing management getting Silvos next contract outta the way.  We need to shore up our goaltender situation.

Need to know what we have left over to spend in Free agency. I don't think it will be a big contract, but definitely an important position to secure.

I'd like to see something in the 3-4 year range around the $1.25-$1.75 million. He turned 23 this March, a 3 or 4 year deal would take him to 26 or 27 years old. 

If Demko's injuries persist we need to have a good back up secured on a team friendly contract. If Silvos continues to get better and develop

Demko may become trade bait at some point and possibly return a haul for this franchise.

If Silvos development stalls, marginally improves or has topped out at least he's tradeable at on a good contract if we have to move on.

No need to rush a Silovs contract, we have a few UFA's of our own we need to work on before July 1st. Also, Silovs will be a UFA at the end of the 26-27 season. Would rather see a 2 year bridge deal to keep him under club control on expiry. Give him a 1-way deal @ $1m x 2. Seems fair for a young goaltender with not a lot of experience.

• Like 1

This was such a smart move to lock up our top pair. Especially after they proved what they're capable of together to be one of the league's top duos. Both are about to hit their prime together. 

What they did together as a pair will only get even better for us. Day one of the Hronek trade ushered in a new era of talent. An era we were all wanting and waiting for after years of patience. 

He's being used differently here than in Detroit. He has different dimensions to his game that we haven't seen. Tocchet made mention of how he wants to focus on shot quality and precision this coming season. Hronek's shot is a huge weapon at their disposal. Especially from the half-wall. He was deadly in Detroit in that area.

We are fortunate to have this management team. They're shining a huge spotlight on the bad decision-making that has plagued this organization for decades. 

Hronek will learn from this past season. Adversity is what makes champions. He wasn't satisfied with himself at all during the season ending presser and it showed. I'm glad he was pissed and frustrated. 

We finally have the young RHD that everyone wanted. He's here now. 

• Like 3