[Signing] Canucks Re-Sign Filip Hronek (8 years x $7.25 Million)

WoW !!!!

OK deal, I would have preferred under $7 but this is a good player and he'll be here thru his prime. 

In a year or two with cap going up this will look like a great deal.. 

Good on both parties to get it done..

Now let's get Zad done.

• Like 3
  • Vintage 1

56 minutes ago, tas said:

honestly, a lot of my own internal cap gymnastics I've been doing this offseason have revolved around moving petey and signing lindholm. 

the problem is it's only a $3m or so cap savings, which I'm not sure is enough to make the difference necessary in adding assets elsewhere. 

$3.6 to $4..6 million difference. Lindholm would sign for 7 to 7.5 mill if he was promised 1C or 2C playing with Tkachuk. Max 8 mill but I don't think it'll get that high..

That extra 4+ mill we could put it towards  Guentzel.. 

Tkachuk Lindholm Guentzel line would be off the charts...

Edited by WHL rocks
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

1 minute ago, WHL rocks said:

$3.6 to $4..6 million difference. Lindholm would sign for 7 to 7.5 mill if he was promised 1C or 2C playing with Tkachuk. Max 8 mill but I don't think it'll get that high..

That extra 4+ mill we could put it towards  Guentzel.. 

Tkachuk Lindholm Guentzel line would be off the charts...

can you peek into that crystal ball and fetch me the lotto max numbers while you're at it?

Edited by tas
  • Haha 1

Just now, tas said:

can you peek into that crystal ball and fetch me the lotto max numbers while your ear it?

What crystal ball. It's the offseason we're discussing possibilities..

Go buy a Lotto and play the odds. There's a chance.  

Just now, WHL rocks said:

What crystal ball. It's the offseason we're discussing possibilities..

Go buy a Lotto and play the odds. There's a chance.  

you just told me what lindholm would be willing to sign for and the maximum he'll get. if you know these things, I'm assuming you must also know other things. 

1 minute ago, tas said:

you just told me what lindholm would be willing to sign for and the maximum he'll get. if you know these things, I'm assuming you must also know other things. 

Go suck on a lemon. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

He was great. The guy isn't an asshole. He's just not a big talker and a man of few words. There may be some language issues as well as to why he keeps things short and to the point.

Appreciated his honesty. I also liked how he thanked each reporter. Little things like that are revealing. 

26 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

I noticed Jeff Paterson wasn't invited to this Q and A. 

the problem with the jpats and drances of the world is they think they're representing the people, doing the fans a service, by "asking the hard questions", grilling players and coaches and managers as if they're elected politicians who owe us answers. 

they're not. if these clowns want to do the fans a service, they should focus on bolstering the symbiotic relationship they have with the team by making people feel welcome and supported instead. 

Edited by tas

3 minutes ago, tas said:

the problem with jpats and France's of the world is they think they're representing the people, doing the fans a service, by "asking the hard questions", grilling players and coaches and managers as if they're elected politicians who owe us answers. 

they're not. if these clowns want to do the fans a service, they should focus on bolstering the symbiotic relationship they have with the team by making people feel welcome and supported instead. 

I don't have an issue with hard questions at all. I think there does need to be more balance in the media with harder questions to keep everyone accountable. Tocchet actually does a great job with this and welcomes those hard questions if they're coming from the right place and there's honesty in the question.

I don't have a problem with JPat's question for Hronek at all. The problem is I believe it was coming from a more salacious, sensational, gotcha place rather than a place of honesty. That's just how it came off. So, you have a question that's honest and fair yet it seems to be coming from a dishonest place. That's the entire problem with the media. 

Although, I did notice that JPat did follow up on the question with Allvin yesterday and that was all completely fair and reasonable. 

6 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

I don't have an issue with hard questions at all. I think there does need to be more balance in the media with harder questions to keep everyone accountable. Tocchet actually does a great job with this and welcomes those hard questions if they're coming from the right place and there's honesty in the question.

I don't have a problem with JPat's question for Hronek at all. The problem is I believe it was coming from a more salacious, sensational, gotcha place rather than a place of honesty. That's just how it came off. So, you have a question that's honest and fair yet it seems to be coming from a dishonest place. That's the entire problem with the media. 

Although, I did notice that JPat did follow up on the question with Allvin yesterday and that was all completely fair and reasonable. 

the difference is they aren't public servants and they don't owe us anything. every piece of info they give us is them doing us a favour. 

Edited by tas
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, tas said:

the difference is they aren't public servants and they don't owe us anything. every piece of info they give us is then doing us a favour. 

Agree with you there. 

They certainly did us a favor by saying Hronek wasn't going to sign for anything less than $8 mill and we couldn't afford him. It only made them being wrong even sweeter. 😉

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, Dr. Crossbar said:

Agree with you there. 

They certainly did us a favor by saying Hronek wasn't going to sign for anything less than $8 mill and we couldn't afford him. It only made them being wrong even sweeter. 😉

sorry, the "them" in my post was referring to the players and management, not the media in case that was confusing. 

21 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

Part of the reason I believe hronek doesn’t shoot much have to do with the Canucks coaching philosophy.. RT don’t want you to shoot unless you are sure it won’t get blocked hence all their players don’t even attempt to shoot. Especially as a defenceman if it gets blocked likely an odd man rush the other way. After the all star break the entire teams shot attempt went further down

I would actually prefer Hronek to keep shooting the puck even if other teams are attempting to block them. Especially in the playoffs, each block could mean one of their key defensive players is going to get bruised and eventually it will wear them down.